Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: what about julius peppers?

Default what about julius peppers?

i see he is also a free agent. what do you people think of kansas city going after him? good or bad? this defense does need help. ray lewis or peppers could give them a big attitude adjustment

Would be nice to know if Haley is here or not.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    Would be nice to know if Haley is here or not.
    ??????

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    We have to wait and see who we hire as HC and DC before we know who we're targeting in FA. Simply because guys like Peppers, Suggs, Haynesworth, Dansby, Vilma, etc. may only be effective in certain schemes. If we move to a 3-4, I don't see the value in spending 1DE money on Peppers. If we stay in the 3-4, I do.

The only top FA I want us to try for, regardless of scheme, is Nnamdi Asomugha - assuming Al Davis is too dumb to franchise him.
    Quote Originally Posted by KansasCityChris View Post
    I agree with this statement. He and Clark have been talking these things out since Petersen announced his resignation. They are just not bowing down to the media like most franchises do.
    Extremely interesting watching the new regime work... just bring in the doubleU's.

Quote Originally Posted by theaxeeffect4311 View Post
    You have to think that Pioli is thinking about Peppers, especially after Peppers said he wants out of Carolina. Peppers may be an older FA (29) but well worth it. We saw how well Strahan (I do not like him, but he played well) played until he was 35. I can see Peppers doing the same, which means he has at least 5 good years in him. Peppers is a beast, a dominating force on the D-line. He will improve any team he goes to. If the Chiefs grab him, he'll improve the play of the players around him. Dorsey will stop being double teamed. Tamba will get clean-up sacks. Who knows how Tyler will develop. Plus, Peppers does well in run support. He is the player the Chiefs are looking for at DE. Now, it's just a matter of Pioli luring him to KC.
    he is a beast and I would love to see him in red and gold.

Big Deal on Peppers...He averages 10 sack a year, that's a little over 1/2 a sack per game plus he did not play with any slouches at Carolina.

I think we can find someone that can put some heat on the pass rush for less money and it a bit younger.

Quote Originally Posted by dbolan View Post
    Big Deal on Peppers...He averages 10 sack a year, that's a little over 1/2 a sack per game plus he did not play with any slouches at Carolina.

I think we can find someone that can put some heat on the pass rush for less money and it a bit younger.
    Agreed. Lets get Vilma and Dansby. I want both.
    SHUT IT

But, he had 14.5 sacks this season and our entire defense had what, 9?

He was tied for 2nd among 4-3 DEs this season and 4th in 2006.

Who? That is the hard part. We need someone who is proven to fill that role. The only two free agents that have the kind of rep are Peppers and Suggs. I would like Suggs more but he wants to stay with the Ravens. Peppers wants out of Carolina which makes him a good candidate. Peppers is not done by any means. Plus, Peppers takes on the double team and still puts up good numbers. Dorsey needs time to develop and it will help if he's not being double teamed. I think that if we can get Peppers to handle the double team, then our other D-line players will look good.

i wish they would go for julius peppers

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    But, he had 14.5 sacks this season and our entire defense had what, 9?

He was tied for 2nd among 4-3 DEs this season and 4th in 2006.
    I think there are 4 or 5 DE's projected in the first that look good. They could slide to the second round.

He was 4th in 06 and tied for 2nd in 2008. So what. Another player going all out in a contract year that had SOLID players around him in every position.

Like I said...I would not spend it on him. I had rather get a couple of very good linebackers, or some DB's if we go defense and draft a DE.

For Offense, we do need at least 2 lineman and a WR that can stretch the other side of the field.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast