Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: what about julius peppers?

Default what about julius peppers?

i see he is also a free agent. what do you people think of kansas city going after him? good or bad? this defense does need help. ray lewis or peppers could give them a big attitude adjustment

There's already many threads talking about Peppers and Lewis. Search is your friend :)

Anybody we could talk or wallet their way here would be an improvement over what we got now...
    SHUT IT

You have to think that Pioli is thinking about Peppers, especially after Peppers said he wants out of Carolina. Peppers may be an older FA (29) but well worth it. We saw how well Strahan (I do not like him, but he played well) played until he was 35. I can see Peppers doing the same, which means he has at least 5 good years in him. Peppers is a beast, a dominating force on the D-line. He will improve any team he goes to. If the Chiefs grab him, he'll improve the play of the players around him. Dorsey will stop being double teamed. Tamba will get clean-up sacks. Who knows how Tyler will develop. Plus, Peppers does well in run support. He is the player the Chiefs are looking for at DE. Now, it's just a matter of Pioli luring him to KC.

We have to wait and see who we hire as HC and DC before we know who we're targeting in FA. Simply because guys like Peppers, Suggs, Haynesworth, Dansby, Vilma, etc. may only be effective in certain schemes. If we move to a 3-4, I don't see the value in spending 1DE money on Peppers. If we stay in the 3-4, I do.

The only top FA I want us to try for, regardless of scheme, is Nnamdi Asomugha - assuming Al Davis is too dumb to franchise him.

well i hope we get mr peppers. I've seen him play and will say he was mighty good. Ray lewis is getting to old though for him to come here. We shall see though.

All I have to say is that I hope Pioli moves a little faster in the FA market then in his coaching search or his firing of Herm if he wants to bring in some big name players or we will never see any of them here.

Quote Originally Posted by stevo1020 View Post
    All I have to say is that I hope Pioli moves a little faster in the FA market then in his coaching search or his firing of Herm if he wants to bring in some big name players or we will never see any of them here.
    FA doesn't start for three weeks. Don't worry about Pioli. He's got this whole thing worked out.

Peppers is just such a cool name.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Peppers said that he wants to play in a 3-4 defense. At this rate, we wont even have a D-coordinator by the time free agency opens up. Who knows what we will be playing?

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast