Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thank GOD Haley has no plans to meet with KC...

Default Thank GOD Haley has no plans to meet with KC...

TYTYTYTYTYTYTY

Todd Haley Has No Plans to Interview with Chiefs --
    Mon Feb 2, 2009 --from FFMastermind.com
    The Kansas City Star reports if the Chiefs plan to introduce a new head coach this week, it doesn't look as if Cardinals OC Todd Haley is too interested. ... Asked whether he had plans to interview in Kansas City this week, Haley said: "I have no plans. The quarterback and receivers have invited a bunch of us to go to the Pro Bowl. That's what I'm thinking about. It might take my mind off of this right now." Haley said he has not had any communication with Chiefs GM Scott Pioli, with whom he worked with the New York Jets in the 1990s. "As I've said for the last two weeks, my focus has been on this game, which is the biggest game I've ever been involved in," Haley said. "That is what I have told my agent, to not talk to anybody, and that's what I've done."

Quote Originally Posted by Pro_Angler View Post
    TYTYTYTYTYTYTY

Todd Haley Has No Plans to Interview with Chiefs --
    Mon Feb 2, 2009 --from FFMastermind.com
    The Kansas City Star reports if the Chiefs plan to introduce a new head coach this week, it doesn't look as if Cardinals OC Todd Haley is too interested. ... Asked whether he had plans to interview in Kansas City this week, Haley said: "I have no plans. The quarterback and receivers have invited a bunch of us to go to the Pro Bowl. That's what I'm thinking about. It might take my mind off of this right now." Haley said he has not had any communication with Chiefs GM Scott Pioli, with whom he worked with the New York Jets in the 1990s. "As I've said for the last two weeks, my focus has been on this game, which is the biggest game I've ever been involved in," Haley said. "That is what I have told my agent, to not talk to anybody, and that's what I've done."
    Thats funny, because i read on ESPN's rumor page that Mortensen said Haley had already been talking to Chiefs "front office personnel" last week. But after the whole Shanahan thing, I dont think I believe anything Mortensen says about KC.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    Thats funny, because i read on ESPN's rumor page that Mortensen said Haley had already been talking to Chiefs "front office personnel" last week. But after the whole Shanahan thing, I dont think I believe anything Mortensen says about KC.
    If we were following Mort, then we would have Cowher, Shanahan, and Haley as our head coach.

But I think it's funny that Haley does not want to interview for a head coaching job. Unless Pioli has already made a deal with him, I'm glad Haley will be heading to Hawaii as Pioli chooses someone else as the head coach.

No plans? Hmmmm...better read this

http://www.southtownstar.com/sports/...upernb.article

Im really starting to like Mort.

If hes says we're getting somebody at least we no thats who we're not going to get.

Quote Originally Posted by Sn@keIze View Post

If hes says we're getting somebody at least we no thats who we're not going to get.
    Mortenson may be be good at breaking down tape and player evaluation. At least I think he is. But he doesn't have a clue when it comes to reporting, and I think that is the mistake he has made. Just because you are a good analyst, it doesn't mean you are a good reporter.

The head coach of the Kansas City Chiefs will be.....

Whoever Hunt and Pioli decide upon.

I have learned specially with Herm that coaches say one thing and mean another. He has no plans to talk to the Chiefs, but then he will come out and say. I had no plans to talk the Chiefs because they didn't contact me. Well they did, so my plans changed.

Or I have no plans to interview, because I already did, but I can't say that because then people will blame me for NOT being focused on the superbowl.

The media is a PR tool for the NFL. Until we hire a coach, you have to look at every report skeptically yet with some sort of value to it. Specially if it is a person who is known.

Mortensen seems to have no clue whats going on in KC.

Quote Originally Posted by Sn@keIze View Post

Who is to say that Schefter was right and Mort wasn't? I bet you anything this is what happened: The Chiefs probably at least tried to contact Shanny. He probably said "No thanks" or "I'm not interested in talking right now, maybe later" or something to that effect. The Chiefs said "Alright, don't tell anyone we had this talk or else you'll wake up dead" blah blah blah. Now I bet Mort caught wind of the fact that the Chiefs tried to contact him and broke the story under the assumption that a deal had already been done, however, as far as he and the rest of us are concerned, nothing ever happened. Schefter is just as wrong on this, though, because he didn't know any more than the rest of us. We were all lied to about whatever happened and now everyone looks like an idiot, IMHO.
    "We're not good enough. That's what I keep telling our guys." - Herm Edwards

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast