Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Matt Cassel

Default Matt Cassel

Anyone have ESPN Insider? News headline for today says Patriots sending Cassel to KC, but can't read story without being a member. Anyone hear of this?

I would love to have both Cassel and Thigpen on the team, BUT... don't we lose two 1st round picks if we sign a franchise tagged player?

I'd still rather have Cassel than Stafford/Sanchez, but I'd definitely rather have a stud lineman.

they can franchise him and then trade him at a lesser value if htey like.

i still dont want

Cassell is not coming to the Chiefs. Mark my word on that.

Everyone here talks about Croyle being so fragile, yet he was pummeled due to poor o-line protection and no recievers to truly stretch the field. Croyle's downsid eis that he cannot scramble as well as Thigpen.

Regardless...Cassell will not be persuaded to come to KC. Seriously look for him to go elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by dbolan View Post
    Cassell is not coming to the Chiefs. Mark my word on that.

Everyone here talks about Croyle being so fragile, yet he was pummeled due to poor o-line protection and no recievers to truly stretch the field. Croyle's downsid eis that he cannot scramble as well as Thigpen.

Regardless...Cassell will not be persuaded to come to KC. Seriously look for him to go elsewhere.
    Croyle is a lemon, let him go.

Cassell has a decent chance due to Piolis relationship.

Even if he does decide to give up a 1st round ( which I see a 2nd or 3rd) so what. Our 1st rounders lately have been quite dissappointing. Cassell will be good. Cassell did more than Trent Green did in St. Louis before he came here and he worked out awesome.

Cassel was sacked more than any other QB in the NFL, and still put up very good numbers. That speaks wonders about his poise and durability, which is the most important thing for a Chiefs QB until the OL is officially fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    Cassel was sacked more than any other QB in the NFL, and still put up very good numbers. That speaks wonders about his poise and durability, which is the most important thing for a Chiefs QB until the OL is officially fixed.
    One more sack that Big Ben and Cassel had more recieving threats (Moss and Welker alone stand out) and running backs that could catch the ball out of the backfield to help take the heat off of him.

Give him Ben's backs and recievers....Better yet...Give Cassel the Chiefs backs and recievers and see what could do! LOL!!

Not to mention the Rushing attack. The Cheifs RB committee totaled about 1450 yards for the season...NE RB's totaled 1900!! That also makes a difference! Weapons DUDE!! WEAPONS!
    Last edited by dbolan; 02-03-2009 at 03:08 PM. Reason: Adding RB Stats

One more sack that Big Ben and Cassel had more recieving threats (Moss and Welker alone stand out) and running backs that could catch the ball out of the backfield to help take the heat off of him.

Give him Ben's backs and recievers....Better yet...Give Cassel the Chiefs backs and recievers and see what could do! LOL!!

Not to mention the Rushing attack. The Cheifs RB committee totaled about 1450 yards for the season...NE RB's totaled 1900!! That also makes a difference! Weapons DUDE!! WEAPONS!
    To add more...NE RB's totaled about 770 yds recieving...KC RB's about 390 yds.

Let's compare apples to apples when making props for Cassel.

You do understand that we will be trying to put that kind of team together right? Do you think we are going to get a QB and then just try again next season? I a just guessing but they will probably try and improve the offense over the offseason. Just a hunch.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    Or that speaks about his slow decision making skills. Just a thought.

To add more...NE RB's totaled about 770 yds recieving...KC RB's about 390 yds.

Let's compare apples to apples when making props for Cassel.
    Just out of curiosity, Who threw all the passes that Those guys were catching?

I'm not saying that Cassel would be a wise move. And I agree that his coming to KC is very unlikely.

But when you get sacked that often, and still manage to accumulate good numbers, there's more to it than receivers.

Also, have you ever heard of Tony Gonzales and Dwayne Bowe? How about Hines Ward, Heath Miller and Santonio Holmes?

Moss and Welker aren't exactly that damn amazing. I like them. But I certainly don't think that they made Tom Brady. Just as I don't think that they made Cassel.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast