Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Matt Cassel

Default Matt Cassel

Anyone have ESPN Insider? News headline for today says Patriots sending Cassel to KC, but can't read story without being a member. Anyone hear of this?

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    Cut Croyle, keep Gray (big, durable, decent), sign a capable veteran who can play in case Thigpen gets hurt or looks terrible in training camp ala what the Cardinals did with Leinart and Warner.

Recipe for success.
    Maybe Warner will come over with Haley.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    it's an interesting thought, though I cringe at the idea of Warner playing behind our current OL.

it's an interesting thought, though I cringe at the idea of Warner playing behind our current OL.
    Good point.

Not with Monroe and Loadholt in there!!
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    For some reason, I don't see Warner leaving his two excellent receivers, adoring fanbase, warm weather, and a playoff team to come to Arrowhead.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    For some reason, I don't see Warner leaving his two excellent receivers, adoring fanbase, warm weather, and a playoff team to come to Arrowhead.
    From what I've heard, he wants 2 years, 18 million. That's a lot of money for a guy who will be 38 next season. I think it really comes down to what the Cardinals decide to do. They have a lot of expensive guys they need to sign.

There's the talks of him retiring also, but I think if a team offers him that kind of money he have trouble saying no.

matt cassell is this year's derek anderson and do you guys really seriously want kurt warner? have you forgotten how BAD he was with NYG?

Quote Originally Posted by 6xchamps View Post
    matt cassell is this year's derek anderson and do you guys really seriously want kurt warner? have you forgotten how BAD he was with NYG?
    Warner was fine with the NYG. Look it up. He was supplanted because Coughlin wanted to start grooming his 1st round QB, not because Warner didn't get the job done.

From what I've heard, he wants 2 years, 18 million. That's a lot of money for a guy who will be 38 next season. I think it really comes down to what the Cardinals decide to do. They have a lot of expensive guys they need to sign.

There's the talks of him retiring also, but I think if a team offers him that kind of money he have trouble saying no.
    The Cards are $42M under the cap for 2009. They'll sign their FA guys like JJ Arrington, Leonard Pope, Bertrand Berry, Karlos Dansby, and Monty Biesel, they'll extend their young stars like Darnell Dockett, and they'll still have oodles of cash to be active in the FA market and sign Warner.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    Warner was fine with the NYG. Look it up. He was supplanted because Coughlin wanted to start grooming his 1st round QB, not because Warner didn't get the job done.
    TOUCHE good sir. upon further review it is true. he was serviceable in nyg.

he was screwing the pooch in stl before he was ridden out of town enjoyed a brief 9 game. although he wasn't too good in arizona prior to this year either.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast