Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Matt Cassel

Default Matt Cassel

Anyone have ESPN Insider? News headline for today says Patriots sending Cassel to KC, but can't read story without being a member. Anyone hear of this?

Don't need Warner, don't need Cassel. Invest in the O-line and Thigstyle will be just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Vandelay View Post
    Don't need Warner, don't need Cassel. Invest in the O-line and Thigstyle will be just fine.
    I'm gonna put it out there again... I think David Carr could be a nice fit. Affordable, no real controversy, he had potential it must still be there. And if not, some depth at the QB through free-agency or a late pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Vandelay View Post
    This man knows.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

I don't like the idea of picking up Cassel for a huge ticket price. It just seems like too big a risk.

I don't like the idea of picking up Warner or some old journeyman either. I'd like a QB who isn't on his last legs (though I love Warner)

Don't want to see a wasted draft pick on a Sanchez or Stafford. Just goes against the grain of common sense in this case imo.

What I would like to see...

I'd like to see the Chiefs pull off a Miami Dolphin-esque move and pick up a former starter thats looking out...

You know where I'm going with this?

Byon Leftwhich is my idea.

Pick him up, a veteran of the game with a few years left in the tank, and scout the late draft rounds for a QB to groom for the future (a Josh Freeman type) or wait to the 2010 draft and pluck a QB from that draft stock to have him under the wing. Relegate Thigpen to a backup position and then tutor the young QB on the nuances of the game before ultimately putting him in the starting position in the future.

We shouldn't look for 'future leader of the Chiefs Org.' at this time IMO, its just not the right time. Leftwich, a backup to Big Ben of Steel City, proved he still had the touch and always had a bigger arm then Thigpen. His mobility is probably less then that of Thigpens but he has big game experience and a bigger frame to make those short yardage runs that Thigpen always fell on his face to make and never converted. HE is a back up QB so the price tag is cheap and will have at least 1 (if not 2 pending Tony G.) big targets to hit in the passing game. SO in saving with the money we could easily gain CONSIDERABLE value by picking him up for a cheaper then Cassel price tage.

Just my thoughts :P

Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post
    Who is this Croyle guy you all keep referring to?

I remember we had some kid in a bubble out there to start the season before Huard came in and got snapped in half and then Thig came in. Is that who you're talking about?

Seriously, I wish Croyle the best in whatever he does. Just as long as it's not a spot anywhere on the Chiefs' roster.
    Maybe... just maybe he could play on Clark's soccer team???
    The next game is the most important one of the season !!

Quote Originally Posted by DT14PRIEST View Post
    I don't like the idea of picking up Cassel for a huge ticket price. It just seems like too big a risk.

What I would like to see...

I'd like to see the Chiefs pull off a Miami Dolphin-esque move and pick up a former starter thats looking out...

You know where I'm going with this?

Byon Leftwhich is my idea.

Just my thoughts :P
    If we are going to go with someone like Leftwhich why don't we just stick with TT. TT has an upside maybe if you give him a line to stand behind he showed promise. Leftwhich will not get better you know what he will be he has been a starter and not been able to keep the job.

My thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by N TX Dave View Post
    If we are going to go with someone like Leftwhich why don't we just stick with TT. TT has an upside maybe if you give him a line to stand behind he showed promise. Leftwhich will not get better you know what he will be he has been a starter and not been able to keep the job.

My thoughts.
    Leftwich just won a Super Bowl as a backup, and he's said that he wants to sign with a team where he'll be the starter. He probably wouldn't feel confident having to compete here with a guy who had 18 TDs in 2/3 of a season of playing time for the starting job.

I would want Leftwich as strictly a backup to Thigpen, and I don't think he would be satisfied with that role. Not to mention he has almost as much trouble as Croyle does staying healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    Leftwich just won a Super Bowl as a backup, and he's said that he wants to sign with a team where he'll be the starter. He probably wouldn't feel confident having to compete here with a guy who had 18 TDs in 2/3 of a season of playing time for the starting job.

I would want Leftwich as strictly a backup to Thigpen, and I don't think he would be satisfied with that role. Not to mention he has almost as much trouble as Croyle does staying healthy.
    Leftwich is nuts. He has the perfect setup in Pittsburgh right now. I don't see any team committing to him as a long term starter. He'd be a one to two-year stopgap at best. He should remain the best backup in the league with the Steelers.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    Leftwich is nuts. He has the perfect setup in Pittsburgh right now. I don't see any team committing to him as a long term starter. He'd be a one to two-year stopgap at best. He should remain the best backup in the league with the Steelers.
    True, but a lot of guys' pride can't handle that, especially after tasting what it's like to start in the league.
    "If you need braggin' on, let someone else do it"-my dad

Let Thiggy, Croyle and Lefty compete for the 1 spot. If we have both of them, it couldn't be all bad, eh?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast