Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Matt Cassel

Default Matt Cassel

Anyone have ESPN Insider? News headline for today says Patriots sending Cassel to KC, but can't read story without being a member. Anyone hear of this?

HAHA you barely beat me to it.

too bad. I really dislike cassell, until he proves otherwise, ESPN is just his fanboy, and he only did anything becuase he was on the pats. Worthless to even think about, especially for the money he is gonna command.

we have other needs.

Cassel stepping in on the Patriots is no different than Steve Young stepping in to the starting job with the 49ers, a team that was built into a Super Bowl team by Montana. Young did nothing in his career until that point, and he is still one the most overrated Qb's in history IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by rustfan76 View Post
    Anyone have ESPN Insider? News headline for today says Patriots sending Cassel to KC, but can't read story without being a member. Anyone hear of this?
    All it says is exactly what everyone has been saying on the forums here since we got Pioli:

Pioli was a Patriot and therefore knows Matt Cassel. So there is a possibility that he will come here. The article also lists Minnesota, Detroit, Tampa, and some other teams as people who would want Cassel.

The story has no evidence behind it other than Pioli used to be a Patriot.

Here is the article for those who cannot read it. Very un-exciting (if that is a word):

Cassel to the Chiefs?
    Matt Cassel | Patriots | Interested: Bears? Buccaneers? Panthers? 49ers? Vikings? Lions? Jets? Chiefs?
    While much speculation has surrounded whether or not the New England Patriots would use the franchise tag on Matt Cassel for 2009, the Boston Herald has reported a new possibility: Cassel could wind up reuniting with former Patriots vice president of player personnel Scott Pioli in Kansas City.
    The Herald's Karen Guregian cites punditry by Sirius NFL radio analyst Jim Miller, who said, "I'd really look at Pioli down there in Kansas City. Why wouldn't he want him? He knows what the kid is capable of doing. So I think he'd be on their radar... If Kansas (City) were to make that deal, that's their Matt Ryan. That's their Joe Flacco. Unlike a [Mark] Sanchez, for instance, they know he's playing at a starter's level. So to them, I think it'd be worth it to do. They'd get their starting quarterback, they know what he's capable of doing, and they've seen him win games at the NFL level."

The Herald lists the New York Jets, Detroit Lions, Minnesota Vikings, San Francisco 49ers, Carolina Panthers, Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Chicago Bears as the other suitors for Cassel's services.

Thanks for posting.

Quote Originally Posted by hometeam View Post
    too bad. I really dislike cassell, until he proves otherwise, ESPN is just his fanboy, and he only did anything becuase he was on the pats. Worthless to even think about, especially for the money he is gonna command.

we have other needs.
    Hmmm, lets see. Cassell= 6'4'' 230 lbs. threw for 3693 yds.21 Tds and 11 ints. rating of 89.4

Thigpen=6'1'' 224 18 TDs and 11 ints. rating of 76.

Now dont get me wrong Thig got hot 2nd half of season. and I think hes earn his right to fight for the starter job if we do get Cassell.

Whats wrong with having 2 good QBs? Starters do get hurt, and I wouldnt mind seeing either one as backup.

Quote Originally Posted by rustfan76 View Post
    Cassel stepping in on the Patriots is no different than Steve Young stepping in to the starting job with the 49ers, a team that was built into a Super Bowl team by Montana. Young did nothing in his career until that point, and he is still one the most overrated Qb's in history IMO.
    Id like to see Montana scramble and take hits like Young did. Yes he inhereted a good team and may be overrated.

There are also Dynasty teams that lose their QB and the next QB couldnt get the job done. Point is, You have to be a competant QB in this league. I think Thig and Cassell are both.

The only way I see the Chiefs getting Cassel is if he becomes a free agent or we use 2010 draft picks to trade for him. Not a crazy idea if Pioli thinks he is worthy to trade for. Pioli is said to evaluate talent pretty well, so if he thinks Cassel is a better choice than a 2010 QB, then I'm all for it. I hope the Chiefs get a discounted price for Cassel, but I doubt it.

snake. matt cassel was on the pats, he had randy moss and wes welker to throw too.

thigpen was on KC.

enough said about QB ratings.

why pay for cassell again? If he was free maybe i would be more inclined to see him in a KC uniform, but he wont be, and he is going to command a bunch of money becuase ESPN has wood for him.

Quote Originally Posted by hometeam View Post
    snake. matt cassel was on the pats, he had randy moss and wes welker to throw too.

thigpen was on KC.

enough said about QB ratings.

why pay for cassell again? If he was free maybe i would be more inclined to see him in a KC uniform, but he wont be, and he is going to command a bunch of money becuase ESPN has wood for him.
    Eggsactly, personally, I think Thiggy would be something of a stud with a good o-line.
    "If you need braggin' on, let someone else do it"-my dad

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast