Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Matt Cassell to the Chiefs?

Default Matt Cassell to the Chiefs?

Just looking on espn.com and saw that rumor running around. Thoughts anyone?

Give em to the CowGirls, they take everyones hand me downs and rejects.

Quote Originally Posted by KansasCityChris View Post
    Todd Haley won't want Matt Cassell, don't forget he is a back up QB franchise tag or no. They did that to keep him there as they need him right now.

My name is Chris.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    Yep. And NE just franchised him. Its gonna cost somebody a couple first round picks to land him, or at least 15 mil, and Pats can match any offer...
    Mike and MIke suggested this morning that the Franchise Tag on Cassell is only there so that the Jets can't claim him without some hefty price tag. Apparently Peter King told them that Brett Farve is done, so the Jets are shopping for a Qb. Plus the status of Brady is still in question. If Cassell signs the Franchise Tag they will be paying him 14 million this year, and Brady 9 million.

Something will have to happen. I don't see the Chiefs getting involved with that without fixing the O-line and defense.

Waxahachie, TX via Broken Arrow, OK via McLouth, KS

Cassell is to big of a price now as was b4 to get into a bidding war with any other team. He is now definately too expensive for us much the same way LJ is to expensive for us to get rid of. We either need to sign a lesser free agent or draft one and let whoever is on the team compete for starting job.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Mike and MIke suggested this morning that the Franchise Tag on Cassell is only there so that the Jets can't claim him without some hefty price tag. Apparently Peter King told them that Brett Farve is done, so the Jets are shopping for a Qb. Plus the status of Brady is still in question. If Cassell signs the Franchise Tag they will be paying him 14 million this year, and Brady 9 million.

Something will have to happen. I don't see the Chiefs getting involved with that without fixing the O-line and defense.
    I agree, I find it ironic that the final HC signing of the season coincides with our new GMs former team franchising arguably the biggest name in free-agency at the QB position. NE knows our cap position and our need for depth at the position, however their main concern is the strenght of their team and through this their division. What will happen with Cassell is in the air, but I don't think Mr. P willl be acquiring him at the current price tag unless he can structure both his contract and fit in reasonable draft picks. Very unlikely Cassell will be a Chief.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234