Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chiefs Pick BJ Raji

Default Chiefs Pick BJ Raji

So I was wondering what anyone else thought of BJ Raji with our 3rd pick. A lot of draft "gurus" have him going to Seattle at number four after his great showing at the Senior Bowl. He apparently made all the other lineman except for Alex Mack look like little girls.

If he lives up to his hype, he could be a great NT in a 3-4. If we really wanted to go to a 3-4, he would be a great start. Also, I think he would be great in a 4-3 because he would eat up a lot of space.

I like the idea, but I dont think any D-lineman can come in and be effective in their first two years. Dorsey was supposed to be the same, but we know how that worked out.

I still think OT or LB personally, but I wonder what others think.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    So I was wondering what anyone else thought of BJ Raji with our 3rd pick. A lot of draft "gurus" have him going to Seattle at number four after his great showing at the Senior Bowl. He apparently made all the other lineman except for Alex Mack look like little girls.

If he lives up to his hype, he could be a great NT in a 3-4. If we really wanted to go to a 3-4, he would be a great start. Also, I think he would be great in a 4-3 because he would eat up a lot of space.

I like the idea, but I dont think any D-lineman can come in and be effective in their first two years. Dorsey was supposed to be the same, but we know how that worked out.

I don't know how well Dorsey worked out yet. I still don't know how well Tank Tyler worked out.

But, taking another DT would make us into The Lions. We have taken alot of DTs early, over the past six or seven drafts.

Also, I think if we get a DE, then we will have significantly upgraded the DT positions already.

i like de paul kruger with our third pick i agree that taken another dt would be kind of dumb definantly give dorsey another year

iF the Chiefs move to a 3-4, I think it becomes likely that the Chiefs would draft Raji. If they stick with a 4-3, it becomes very unlikely IMO.

Yup, the NFL is a whole other animal.

I think it is more likely that the Chiefs will draft Crabtree before another DT.

No more early DT, I do agree on a DE.

If we go to a 3-4, I don't see that we have much of a choice. If we stay in a 4-3, I don't think Raji should be our priority.

EDIT: or what Coach said

Pioli grabbed Jared Mayo at 10 spot when a lot of mocks had him going later in the 1st round.
    I think Pioli knows how to scout players so yes there is a chance Pioli will go defense with 1st pick.
    This is a glaring difference between Peterson and Pioli.
    Peterson: Dorsey at #5: ?
    Pioli: Mayo at #10: Defensive rookie of the year.
    SHUT IT

Couple of years ago DeMeco Ryans went in the early 2nd, became a well deserved DROY.

People that went before him include Mario Williams, AJ Hawk, Ernie Sims, Haloti Ngata, Tamba Hali, Mathias Kiwanuka

So, IMO its such a crapshoot you just have to pick right, rather than pick to where someone 'should' be drafted

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast