Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Tony Gonzalez

Cool Tony Gonzalez

I am so tired of hearing how TGon wants out of KC. His complaints seem pretty ridiculous. WAH I want a Super Bowl ring. Im sure he is the only one on the team that does. As I recall he complained and moaned until he got a new contract. He got it , and now wants out. The other complaint is we traded Jared Allen. Ill have to admit I was pretty mad when this happened as well, but the fact of the matter is Jared might have raised our poor sack total for the year, and possibly helped us win 1 or 2 more games. But we were deffinately more than 1 player away from making the playoffs. I love Tony he has done so much for our organization, but he needs to quit his *****in. I feel we are on the right track to becoming a playoff team. If Tony keeps complaining I say send him to Detroit, hes not the only 1 wanting a ring all the other players, coaches, and fans do too.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    i never said he was right or that i condone quitting or whining, only that i can understand his frustration and reaction
    I can understand his frustration, but not necessarily his reaction. He should consider waiting to see what our new coaching staff is gonna look like before spouting off to the media...
    SHUT IT

Tony's now refuting that he wants out of KC.

FOX Sports on MSN - NFL - Gonzalez: I'm willing to stick with Chiefs

Either way, he should be a Chief next year. No reason to trade him. LJ is a different story, because unlike TG he is average now, much less a pro bowler.
    Last edited by yashi; 02-04-2009 at 06:26 PM.

Thats what LJ does, talks trash obout his team and team mates but never about himself, Why? Hmmm.. he thinks he special, he's too good, cut him, let him go and see how much he gets for himself.
    Last edited by okikcfan; 02-04-2009 at 06:36 PM. Reason: wrong quote

I cant believe the number of people on this forum who are crucifying Tony Gonzalez for these comments.
    So he wanted the ball more at a time
    So he wanted more money at a time
    So he expressed his concern over if Ferentz is hired and what he might want if that happened
    (many on here have fears about A Ferentz hire)
    He has been in KC for 12 great seasons- on and off the field
    He feels he is getting near the end of his career and wants to be in a position to be with a team that odds on will be in the Super Bowl hunt
    You cant compare his actions to Brett farve's or LJ's
    I pray that we are in the Super Bowl hunt next year, I assure you very little would make me happier, maybe he "should" have waited until the next coach is named but he was just voicing his opinion.
    He probably has a better perspective on whether KC is year away than anyone outside that clubhouse
    Sorry I wrote so much just my opinion-
    I know everybody on here loves the Chiefs and I am onboard with that, I just hate seeing this guy torn up.
    He has been great for this team and I dont see how anybody on here can take anything away from what he did on the field

[quote=stone cold;115996]I agree with hometeam. Tony is one of the best players to ever grace arrowhead stadium so honor the man and let him do what he wants.[/We did do what he wanted we gave him the big contract he wanted. Did he deserve it? Without a doubt. He is the best tight end ever and a great person off the field. But he got the contract he wanted. Now this is what he asked for to end his career as a Chief.

[quote=Chieffaninfl;116164]
    Quote Originally Posted by stone cold View Post
    I agree with hometeam. Tony is one of the best players to ever grace arrowhead stadium so honor the man and let him do what he wants.[/We did do what he wanted we gave him the big contract he wanted. Did he deserve it? Without a doubt. He is the best tight end ever and a great person off the field. But he got the contract he wanted. Now this is what he asked for to end his career as a Chief.
    This is still a business. And what about the 1000s of fans who have supported the Chiefs long before Tony showed up and will continue to do so long after Tony G leaves. Don't they deserve to keep Tony if he makes the Chiefs better? He signed a contract. If he wanted to leave then he should not have taken the money. Fact is, we are closer to a SB with Tony than without.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Not pointing to any one member but I love the fact that several on here are being critical of TG for voicing his displeasure and wanting to be traded. I believe this was discussed when LJ was in the news for all of his stupidity. It was said that TG is a class act and would never voice his dirty laundry in the media. I said it then and I say it again now, at some point, MOST players put their foot in their mouth at some point! This makes 2 for TG!!!! If he wants to go, let him go! Same with LJ!! As much as I like both of them, I don't want ANY player on the team if they don't want to be here. Their heart won't be in it and we can't have that on this team right now. Its all or nothing!!!!!!!

Tony G wants to win... he's at the pro-bowl, he should be in recruitment mode for next year, which is what I believe this partially is.

TG will get a SB here in 2010 if not 2011, I think playoffs for 09 cause we were so close on so many games this year with a good rookie class coming in and the 07 and 08 class improving and the afc west sucking for 09. KEEP GONZO!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lazeye View Post
    TG will get a SB here in 2010 if not 2011, I think playoffs for 09 cause we were so close on so many games this year with a good rookie class coming in and the 07 and 08 class improving and the afc west sucking for 09. KEEP GONZO!!!
    I like your style!!!
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast