Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 52

Thread: Tony Gonzalez

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    87
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Cool Tony Gonzalez


    0 Not allowed!
    I am so tired of hearing how TGon wants out of KC. His complaints seem pretty ridiculous. WAH I want a Super Bowl ring. Im sure he is the only one on the team that does. As I recall he complained and moaned until he got a new contract. He got it , and now wants out. The other complaint is we traded Jared Allen. Ill have to admit I was pretty mad when this happened as well, but the fact of the matter is Jared might have raised our poor sack total for the year, and possibly helped us win 1 or 2 more games. But we were deffinately more than 1 player away from making the playoffs. I love Tony he has done so much for our organization, but he needs to quit his *****in. I feel we are on the right track to becoming a playoff team. If Tony keeps complaining I say send him to Detroit, hes not the only 1 wanting a ring all the other players, coaches, and fans do too.

  2. #11
    Member Since
    Oct 2008
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    2,205
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by hometeam View Post
    Maybe our fans should quit treating Gonzalez as if he wasnt the best tight end ever. Maybe they should recognize the fact that he has done more for the Chiefs than any other player, EVER. Maybe be objective and think of the man like a human rather than a stat sheet. Maybe they should recognize that for everything TG has done for the KC organization, we owe it to him to honor his wishes to try for a super bowl ring on another team before his first-ballot hall of fame career ends.

    Maybe the people whining about him whining should reevaluate what gets under thier skin. Becuase if you are crying over a stand up, great player, who has sacrificed his life for the sport and team you love, wanting to reach the pinnacle of that sport, you are way out of line.

    P.S. If you think its about money, do me a favor and kick yourself in the forehead.
    Everybody here would give a standing ovation to Tony if he were to come to Arrowhead playing for another team. I doubt a single person here doesn't appreciate the fact that he's pretty much the best TE in NFL history and has done it in the red, gold, and white his whole career.

    It's not about that.

    This is starting to turn into a Brett Favre situation. Will he be back next year? Do we gameplan with him or without him? Do we need to sign/draft a tight end to fill his spot? Do we need to start making significant changes to the playbook since we might not have a great pass catching TE next year?

    This is where I have a problem. As much as TG has done for KC, we have to do what's best for KC, not TG, whether that means trading him or keeping him around. He signed a contract agreeing to play for us. If he didn't want to play here, then he shouldn't have signed his name on the dotted line.

  3. #12
    Member Since
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Read the name dumbass!!
    Posts
    13,339
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 27

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    So why should we have to suffer as fans so that Tony (who is under contact) can go play somewhere else. True loyalty is sticking with your team when it is most diffcult. Ask Tiki Barber how it feels to abandon your team because they won't win. If Tony leaves then this team is worse off and that is not fair to any person who supports the Red and Gold. I have been wanting a KC SuperBowl longer than Tony. What is the great Tony G doing to make that happen? I am not questioning the fact that Tony is arguably one of the best to walk the field in Arrowhead but if he does not want to be here anymore then he should not have signed the contract.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

  4. #13
    Member Since
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Read the name dumbass!!
    Posts
    13,339
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 27

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    Everybody here would give a standing ovation to Tony if he were to come to Arrowhead playing for another team. I doubt a single person here doesn't appreciate the fact that he's pretty much the best TE in NFL history and has done it in the red, gold, and white his whole career.

    It's not about that.

    This is starting to turn into a Brett Favre situation. Will he be back next year? Do we gameplan with him or without him? Do we need to sign/draft a tight end to fill his spot? Do we need to start making significant changes to the playbook since we might not have a great pass catching TE next year?

    This is where I have a problem. As much as TG has done for KC, we have to do what's best for KC, not TG, whether that means trading him or keeping him around. He signed a contract agreeing to play for us. If he didn't want to play here, then he shouldn't have signed his name on the dotted line.
    Heh, i posted at the same time!! Great minds and all...
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

  5. #14
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Jefferson City, Mo
    Posts
    979
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I agree. Let him go. But not with contempt. Let him go as a Chief. Let him go as a HUMAN, not as a contract and stat sheet.

    TG isnt doing this for fame or money, he is doing it becuase he is a competitor, and he has the drive to be the best.

    Of course you didnt hear him complaining with Vermeil in thier, they had a chance to go to the bowl every year! That is his goal, to be the best, to reach the top! NOT fame or money!

  6. #15
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Jefferson City, Mo
    Posts
    979
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    There is no Brett Favre situation here, he is going to be there unless they trade him, and he has not said otherwise. As for being under contract, do you think that if they dont trade him he will do anything but try his hardest? He will continue to be the stand up player he has always been, and play his heart out.


    As for loyalty, can it even be questioned? He has devoted his LIFE to the Chiefs, and the KC fans. What has he done to bring KC superbowl? Hmm lets think about that.. oh, just more than anyone? Should he relegate himself to losing just becuase it would mean the fans wouldn't ever see him in another uniform? Don't confuse loyalty with insanity.
    Last edited by hometeam; 02-04-2009 at 09:59 AM.

  7. #16
    Member Since
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Read the name dumbass!!
    Posts
    13,339
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 27

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by hometeam View Post
    There is no Brett Favre situation here, he is going to be there unless they trade him, and he has not said otherwise. As for being under contract, do you think that if they dont trade him he will do anything but try his hardest? He will continue to be the stand up player he has always been, and play his heart out.


    As for loyalty, can it even be questioned? He has devoted his LIFE to the Chiefs, and the KC fans. What has he done to bring KC superbowl? Hmm lets think about that.. oh, just more than anyone? Should he relegate himself to losing just becuase it would mean the fans wouldn't ever see him in another uniform? Don't confuse loyalty with insanity.
    This is what I love about Chiefs fans. He can not win here. Great attitude!! How about voicing his opinion on how to win in KC instead of how he wants to leave. I tell you what, if you can tell me right now who is gonna win the SB next season then I will agree that Tony should have a chance to play there. If not, how about trying to win for the fans you are so loyal to.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

  8. #17
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Jefferson City, Mo
    Posts
    979
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Canada. I am chiefs fan through and through. I am also very objective.

    We are not going to win a super bowl next year. Will we improve? yes! will we win a super bowl? no!

    Fact of the matter is, I am arguing the same point that you guys are, and that is to let him go.

    The difference is; I am arguing to let him go with honor and recognize that he is a person. You guys are arguing to let him go in a state of contempt like we did with JA, becuase he is nothing more than a piece of meat with a trade value.

    Come on man! We are on the same team here, I just factor humanity into my contemplations~

  9. #18
    Member Since
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Read the name dumbass!!
    Posts
    13,339
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 27

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by hometeam View Post
    Canada. I am chiefs fan through and through. I am also very objective.

    We are not going to win a super bowl next year. Will we improve? yes! will we win a super bowl? no!

    Fact of the matter is, I am arguing the same point that you guys are, and that is to let him go.

    The difference is; I am arguing to let him go with honor and recognize that he is a person. You guys are arguing to let him go in a state of contempt like we did with JA, becuase he is nothing more than a piece of meat with a trade value.

    Come on man! We are on the same team here, I just factor humanity into my contemplations~
    Did u predict Arizona to be anywhere near it this year? Can we win a SB by 2010? Why not. We have the most cap space in the league with a young team and a lot of talent. We have the most sought after GM in the league and are about to et a new HC and DC. Considering the parity in the NFL and the fact that 2010 is an uncapped year I think we have a pretty legitimate shot at putting together a contender. I am not in any way arguing that we should let TG go. I think he should stay in KC and try and win here. When Tony G leaves the Chiefs it will be with honour. I would prefer it was wearing the Red and Gold and hoisting the Lombardi trophy. Even if Tony has 3 years left in him then we have just as good a chance at a championship than any other team. It drivesme nuts to listen to people talk about loving the Chiefs but continue to call them losers. Cant win in KC. Such a load of crap
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

  10. #19
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Jefferson City, Mo
    Posts
    979
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Actually, I have picked AZ to win thier division and have a super bowl shot four years running. So yes, I have been giving AZ a chance, and it took them four years to realize that dream, all while setting all kinds of records on being the "worst" team to ever make it to the bowl.

    As I said, I am a fan, but I am objective. Being a blind supporter with no critiques does not serve your team well.

    My purpose was not to hijack this thread, lets not make this about me or you and our differences in opinion on what kind of fans we should be/are.

    You are absolutely right, we do have a chance in the next THREE years, but maybe Tony feels like he may not have that long, maybe he does not. As I said, I am saying let him go becuase he wants out, and he has done enough for us to respect his wishes, and move on without him.

  11. #20
    Member Since
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Read the name dumbass!!
    Posts
    13,339
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 27

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Why is it when you support the Chiefs people always say I am a blind supporter? I guess you have your opinion and I have my "blind support" I didn't even know that our 2-14 team had any problems. You say you are objective but you have already counted out the Chiefs and you don't even know who are Coach is yet. How is that objective in any way?
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •