Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Tony Gonzalez

Cool Tony Gonzalez

I am so tired of hearing how TGon wants out of KC. His complaints seem pretty ridiculous. WAH I want a Super Bowl ring. Im sure he is the only one on the team that does. As I recall he complained and moaned until he got a new contract. He got it , and now wants out. The other complaint is we traded Jared Allen. Ill have to admit I was pretty mad when this happened as well, but the fact of the matter is Jared might have raised our poor sack total for the year, and possibly helped us win 1 or 2 more games. But we were deffinately more than 1 player away from making the playoffs. I love Tony he has done so much for our organization, but he needs to quit his *****in. I feel we are on the right track to becoming a playoff team. If Tony keeps complaining I say send him to Detroit, hes not the only 1 wanting a ring all the other players, coaches, and fans do too.

Quote Originally Posted by hometeam View Post
    Actually, I have picked AZ to win thier division and have a super bowl shot four years running. So yes, I have been giving AZ a chance, and it took them four years to realize that dream, all while setting all kinds of records on being the "worst" team to ever make it to the bowl.

As I said, I am a fan, but I am objective. Being a blind supporter with no critiques does not serve your team well.

My purpose was not to hijack this thread, lets not make this about me or you and our differences in opinion on what kind of fans we should be/are.

You are absolutely right, we do have a chance in the next THREE years, but maybe Tony feels like he may not have that long, maybe he does not. As I said, I am saying let him go becuase he wants out, and he has done enough for us to respect his wishes, and move on without him.
    If TG leaves now and decides to go to a 'prebuilt' contender, then shame on him. He becomes nothing but another Carlos Beltran. I don't see TG as a so-called rent-a-player. Hell, he could go to Pittsburg or NE and not see a superbowl in the next 3 years. Who knows?
    Well, I think Tony knows and he stays right here to get his ring...Pioli and Hunt will make sure of it.
    SHUT IT

Canada,

Dont get so worked up, I said nothing about you being a blind supporter, I said I am not, which is why I am objective enough to not give us a super bowl next year, when as you said, we dont even know who the coach is.

Quote Originally Posted by hometeam View Post
    Canada,

Dont get so worked up, I said nothing about you being a blind supporter, I said I am not, which is why I am objective enough to not give us a super bowl next year, when as you said, we dont even know who the coach is.
    I am not getting worked up, I have been listening to the same comments on this board for a couple of years now. there is a reason my sig is a Homer flipping the bird. Just because I support them does not make it blind support.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

The sudden outbursts from TG and LJ (on the radio today) only affirms a possible hiring of Ferentz. TG says he expects a decision in two days. That makes me think he has already been informed of which way the Chiefs are leaning. If he's already coming out and repeating his trade demands, Ferentz is probably the guy. You've gotta think if it was Haley or Gailey, he wouldn't be saying all this crap again.

Man I hope not Ferentz. I don't see what he has done to warrant a HC job in the NFL - other than being buds with Pioli.
    If Ferentz comes here, I'm gonna stick my head in the toilet and flush 3 times, then go outside and take a pipe wrench to my truck.
    SHUT IT

I agree, Ferentz please dont be our guy. Then again, if we do get him, maybe LJ will take a paycut with another team just to get out of KC, and TG wont be so demanding on what team he goes to or not (see Bills from last year)

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    Man I hope not Ferentz. I don't see what he has done to warrant a HC job in the NFL - other than being buds with Pioli.
    If Ferentz comes here, I'm gonna stick my head in the toilet and flush 3 times, then go outside and take a pipe wrench to my truck.
    Ferentz would turn what has been a good off season thus far, into a disastrous one.

TG's Quote on Yahoo Sports:

“I love Kansas City. I really do. If I could stay there, I would. That’s why this is going to be a tough decision,” Gonzalez said.

If I could stay there I would??? First of all..HE CAN stay there. Second of all, he needs to remember that it is NOT just HIS decision either.

I will bet ANYONE on this board a $1000 that if TG stays in KC for the rest of his career, that when he does retire, his arse will move out of state.

He also said:

"I want to win a Super Bowl.”

Well...Who doesn't TG?? All of the sudden, since he got his props from Oprah Winfrey, his attitude has developed a stinchy swagger.

Trade him, cut him...Whatever. He has been hanging with LJ too much.

I would be shocked and really disapointed if it was Ferentz. College coaches NEVER make it as Head Coaches in the NFL. This is more true than anything else. It's a different world, different mindset. I'm okay with hiring coordinators and assistants from the college ranks, but head coaches need to be in the league a few years before they make that jump.
    As for Tony G, I'm starting to get a little sick of this guy. If he wants to be traded, fine. He deserves that. Just talk with Scott. He's not Peterson and I'm sure he'd be willing to let Tony go if he that's what he wanted. There's no reason to create a stir with the media. It makes him look childish and him and LJ should just be traded together if they're both going to act like this. I love Tony G because he's a stand up guy but his behavior lately is making me question whether or not he's just another prima donna. I'd love to see the both of them get traded to a division rival only to be knocked out of the playoffs by US.
    "We're not good enough. That's what I keep telling our guys." - Herm Edwards

Don't trade him. We probably wouldn't get any value for him whatsoever, so I'd rather have him honor his contract by playing here and catching 100 balls than getting a 4th round pick who likely ends up playing special teams.

The Chiefs are better with TG than without him, and that's ultimately what matters to me.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast