Thread: A little sting medicine

Default A little sting medicine

It was OBVIOUS that the Chiefs needed to draft a kicker in the 2007 draft. The Chiefs then, took the first kicker off the board. NOT the highest rated kicker mind you, but Justin Medlock, another UCLA Bruin from the University that Carl Peterson was infatuated with. Mason Crosby from the University of Colorado was the "no-brainer" choice as the first kicker that should've been taken. Instead, he falls to the Green Bay Packers and has a relatively good rookie season while Medlock doesn't get to the regular season as the Chiefs kicker before he was released.

Well, after a sophomore season for Crosby that saw him rank 28th in the league in FG accuracy, the Green Bay Packers are looking at their kicking game and will probably bring in some competition for Crosby. So, while the Chiefs did blow their draft pick on Medlock, it looks like they would've blown their pick with Crosby as well. As it is now, the Chiefs are better off with Connor Barth's 84% accuracy rate as opposed to Crosby's 78%.

This news, at the VERY LEAST takes away some of that sting Chiefs fans have been feeling since the epic fail of Justin Medlock.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/38908169.html

Couple of things....

There where THREE kickers taken in 2007

First: Justin Medlock--Chiefs
    Second: Nick Folk----Cowboys
    Third: Mason Crosby---Packers

I see your point on Medlock AND Crosby, but what you forgot to mention is how the 2nd kicker taken "Nick Folk" is a PRO BOWLER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So ya the Peterson screwed us over yet again with Medlock when he could of took Folk and had a PRO BOWLER Kicker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL MEDLOCK!

But yea, the chiefs kicking game has been poor to say the least for the past couple years. you would think it would be an easy position to fill~

oh right... I remember being really angry there because I wanted Troy Smith, who went later that round.

Medlock, what a diaster that guy was.

Bring back Nick Lowery...I liked him but always sherked when he done the "nostril touching" thing with his thumbs when getting set to kick! LMAO