Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Tony Gonzalez

Cool Tony Gonzalez

I am so tired of hearing how TGon wants out of KC. His complaints seem pretty ridiculous. WAH I want a Super Bowl ring. Im sure he is the only one on the team that does. As I recall he complained and moaned until he got a new contract. He got it , and now wants out. The other complaint is we traded Jared Allen. Ill have to admit I was pretty mad when this happened as well, but the fact of the matter is Jared might have raised our poor sack total for the year, and possibly helped us win 1 or 2 more games. But we were deffinately more than 1 player away from making the playoffs. I love Tony he has done so much for our organization, but he needs to quit his *****in. I feel we are on the right track to becoming a playoff team. If Tony keeps complaining I say send him to Detroit, hes not the only 1 wanting a ring all the other players, coaches, and fans do too.

If the Chiefs trad Tony you can bet your *** we will draft Crabtree.
    "We're not good enough. That's what I keep telling our guys." - Herm Edwards

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    Don't trade him. We probably wouldn't get any value for him whatsoever, so I'd rather have him honor his contract by playing here and catching 100 balls than getting a 4th round pick who likely ends up playing special teams.

The Chiefs are better with TG than without him, and that's ultimately what matters to me.
    One of the reasons he has caught so many balls is due to him being a primary reciever most of these years. Our WR talent, or lack there of, has allowed him to be more prolific. Look at New Orleans...Very good recievers..Less balls to the TE. TG wanted the BALL and the money...He got it. Now he has poopy pants.

He and LJ can help change each others diapers, as far as I am concerned.

Make up your mind TG.

Quote Originally Posted by Nel Toille View Post
    I would be shocked and really disapointed if it was Ferentz. College coaches NEVER make it as Head Coaches in the NFL. This is more true than anything else. It's a different world, different mindset. I'm okay with hiring coordinators and assistants from the college ranks, but head coaches need to be in the league a few years before they make that jump.
    Well, he wasn't a good college coach, so maybe they're thinking it works the other way around as well. Maybe bad college coaches will make GREAT NFL coaches... someone find me Tyrone Willingham's number QUICK!!!

C'mon Tony, just shut your pie hole. If you have concerns, take a cue from Pioli and and deal with this behind closed doors, not by whining to the media, it makes you look bad. Tony has been one of my favorites since we drafted him, but I don't appreciate this, it's not helping anybody.

Quote Originally Posted by Nel Toille View Post
    I would be shocked and really disapointed if it was Ferentz. College coaches NEVER make it as Head Coaches in the NFL. This is more true than anything else. It's a different world, different mindset. I'm okay with hiring coordinators and assistants from the college ranks, but head coaches need to be in the league a few years before they make that jump.
    As for Tony G, I'm starting to get a little sick of this guy. If he wants to be traded, fine. He deserves that. Just talk with Scott. He's not Peterson and I'm sure he'd be willing to let Tony go if he that's what he wanted. There's no reason to create a stir with the media. It makes him look childish and him and LJ should just be traded together if they're both going to act like this. I love Tony G because he's a stand up guy but his behavior lately is making me question whether or not he's just another prima donna. I'd love to see the both of them get traded to a division rival only to be knocked out of the playoffs by US.
    Well, I wouldn't go that far. Bill Parcels, for example, coached on EIGHT college teams before going to the NFL. He's been pretty successful...
    SHUT IT

IF, thats a big "if", we trade TG then without the best TE in nfl history as a security blanket maybe we have to throw downfield more to the WR's. Maybe Tony thinks bringing in a college coach will take a couple seasons to aclimate himself to the nfl way, and he has suffered thru enuf rebuilding already. Maybe he just wants to end the greatest TE career somewhere w/a chance to win a playoff game to get a shot at the big one. Maybe he just feels frustrated that after all the good years and near misses the downhill slide was too steep and hitting the bottom too hard. maybe our reaction to the last two seasons have been even more vocal and extreme. maybe it's not that hard to understand the way he feels. thats alot of maybe's!!!

Tony should remember that he is considered the greatest TE of all time and holds the records that he does because he has been a Chief all these years...

If we had a bona fide, HOF WR thru all or most of his tenure here, Tony's numbers may not be quite so impressive. (I'm sure he still would have done quite well but maybe just not quite as good.)

However, it seems that the records and accolades are less important to Tony that winning a championship-- which is understandable. Ultimately, that is what all these guys play for every year. If Tony goes somewhere else to put the icing on his cake, I won't blame him but he should keep this behind closed doors until at least after the new HC is named and he decieds for sure wether he wants to be traded or not.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    IF, thats a big "if", we trade TG then without the best TE in nfl history as a security blanket maybe we have to throw downfield more to the WR's. Maybe Tony thinks bringing in a college coach will take a couple seasons to aclimate himself to the nfl way, and he has suffered thru enuf rebuilding already. Maybe he just wants to end the greatest TE career somewhere w/a chance to win a playoff game to get a shot at the big one. Maybe he just feels frustrated that after all the good years and near misses the downhill slide was too steep and hitting the bottom too hard. maybe our reaction to the last two seasons have been even more vocal and extreme. maybe it's not that hard to understand the way he feels. thats alot of maybe's!!!
    True. I'm sure everybody associated with the Chiefs hates losing. I'm sure everybody on this forum hates losing. I don't, for example, hear Brian Waters spouting off about being traded to a contender. Hell, everybody wants to win! New GM, new HC, new DC, new era!
    I hope TG quiets down and gets his ring right here.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    This is what I love about Chiefs fans. He can not win here. Great attitude!! How about voicing his opinion on how to win in KC instead of how he wants to leave. I tell you what, if you can tell me right now who is gonna win the SB next season then I will agree that Tony should have a chance to play there. If not, how about trying to win for the fans you are so loyal to.
    You are correct only one team will win the next SB and maybe one different team the next year, if Tony can pick them out then let him play for them if the team he goes to does not win the SB will they be willing to give us extra picks good. As you say if he can't then man up and try to make the Chiefs better the team that has made his future secure by paying him well over the last 12 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    True. I'm sure everybody associated with the Chiefs hates losing. I'm sure everybody on this forum hates losing. I don't, for example, hear Brian Waters spouting off about being traded to a contender. Hell, everybody wants to win! New GM, new HC, new DC, new era!
    I hope TG quiets down and gets his ring right here.

i never said he was right or that i condone quitting or whining, only that i can understand his frustration and reaction

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast