Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tony Gonzalez

Hybrid View

Cool Tony Gonzalez

I am so tired of hearing how TGon wants out of KC. His complaints seem pretty ridiculous. WAH I want a Super Bowl ring. Im sure he is the only one on the team that does. As I recall he complained and moaned until he got a new contract. He got it , and now wants out. The other complaint is we traded Jared Allen. Ill have to admit I was pretty mad when this happened as well, but the fact of the matter is Jared might have raised our poor sack total for the year, and possibly helped us win 1 or 2 more games. But we were deffinately more than 1 player away from making the playoffs. I love Tony he has done so much for our organization, but he needs to quit his *****in. I feel we are on the right track to becoming a playoff team. If Tony keeps complaining I say send him to Detroit, hes not the only 1 wanting a ring all the other players, coaches, and fans do too.

I haven't heard of any new grumblings by Tony, not since the trade deadline came and went last season. Has there been new info, or are you just going on that?
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?u=2574&type=sigpic&dateline=1233413652

I agree...HE needs to know right now that a SB is not on the horizon for at least 2-3 years.So, he either stays and zips it or demands to leave now. I think Pioli will np it in the bud.

Gonzo to New Orleans! LOL!

Did you guys hear about his interview after Herm was hired? I think you should read what he said before you start throwing him under the bus. He did not sound at all like he wanted out as bad as people make it sound.

Yahoo Sports' Jason Cole reports that Tony Gonzalez still wants the Chiefs to trade him, "barring a serious change in direction."
    Gonzalez is worried GM Scott Pioli will hire Iowa's Kirk Ferentz as head coach. "Yeah, I hear they’re talking to Todd Haley," Gonzo said. "But then there’s this coach from Iowa State, some (expletive) like that and I don’t want to deal with that." Gonzalez believes the Chiefs will have a new coach by Thursday. If the choice isn't to his liking, he might ask to be traded to a contender. Three teams pursued Gonzalez at last October's trade deadline: the Bills, Giants, and Packers. Green Bay had a third-round pick on the table.
    Source: Yahoo Sports

Lets trade Tony and LJ to the Packers for Brohm and there 2nd :)

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    Did you guys hear about his interview after Herm was hired? I think you should read what he said before you start throwing him under the bus. He did not sound at all like he wanted out as bad as people make it sound.
    I heard it. He said he wanted to win because his chance to win a SB was closing fast and if it meant going somewhere else he wanted to go. BUT, he did say he wanted to be a Chief all of his life and would like to "see" what the new mgmt is gonna do, so sounds to me like he picked up some communication skills from Herm.

He ain't gonna get to a SB this year or next year. So, he should choose now, IMO.

Maybe our fans should quit treating Gonzalez as if he wasnt the best tight end ever. Maybe they should recognize the fact that he has done more for the Chiefs than any other player, EVER. Maybe be objective and think of the man like a human rather than a stat sheet. Maybe they should recognize that for everything TG has done for the KC organization, we owe it to him to honor his wishes to try for a super bowl ring on another team before his first-ballot hall of fame career ends.

Maybe the people whining about him whining should reevaluate what gets under thier skin. Becuase if you are crying over a stand up, great player, who has sacrificed his life for the sport and team you love, wanting to reach the pinnacle of that sport, you are way out of line.

P.S. If you think its about money, do me a favor and kick yourself in the forehead.

Quote Originally Posted by hometeam View Post
    Maybe our fans should quit treating Gonzalez as if he wasnt the best tight end ever. Maybe they should recognize the fact that he has done more for the Chiefs than any other player, EVER. Maybe be objective and think of the man like a human rather than a stat sheet. Maybe they should recognize that for everything TG has done for the KC organization, we owe it to him to honor his wishes to try for a super bowl ring on another team before his first-ballot hall of fame career ends.

Maybe the people whining about him whining should reevaluate what gets under thier skin. Becuase if you are crying over a stand up, great player, who has sacrificed his life for the sport and team you love, wanting to reach the pinnacle of that sport, you are way out of line.

P.S. If you think its about money, do me a favor and kick yourself in the forehead.
    It is about money and FAME. Favor denied. TG should have spoken up much sooner than this. He, above all knows how much was left in his tank over the past 5 years and when Dick Vermeil was there and they were producting some serious offensive numbers, no gripes from Gonzo.

For Christ's Sake....What team doesn't want to get to a Superbowl?? Can't Gonzo make decisions for himself without trying to sucker punch the Chiefs organization?

He has done his fair share of whining over the years as well...Wanting the ball more, etc etc.

Has he been a great player for the Chiefs. Yes. Did he make the decision to stay there for the charities he participates in and for the BBQ and for the cold weather? Yes, but it was all about the money and fame.

So, I say let him go. He and Opra seem to have thing, so I am sure it will only be a matter of time before he hits daytime TV! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by hometeam View Post

Everybody here would give a standing ovation to Tony if he were to come to Arrowhead playing for another team. I doubt a single person here doesn't appreciate the fact that he's pretty much the best TE in NFL history and has done it in the red, gold, and white his whole career.

It's not about that.

This is starting to turn into a Brett Favre situation. Will he be back next year? Do we gameplan with him or without him? Do we need to sign/draft a tight end to fill his spot? Do we need to start making significant changes to the playbook since we might not have a great pass catching TE next year?

This is where I have a problem. As much as TG has done for KC, we have to do what's best for KC, not TG, whether that means trading him or keeping him around. He signed a contract agreeing to play for us. If he didn't want to play here, then he shouldn't have signed his name on the dotted line.

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    Everybody here would give a standing ovation to Tony if he were to come to Arrowhead playing for another team. I doubt a single person here doesn't appreciate the fact that he's pretty much the best TE in NFL history and has done it in the red, gold, and white his whole career.

It's not about that.

This is starting to turn into a Brett Favre situation. Will he be back next year? Do we gameplan with him or without him? Do we need to sign/draft a tight end to fill his spot? Do we need to start making significant changes to the playbook since we might not have a great pass catching TE next year?

This is where I have a problem. As much as TG has done for KC, we have to do what's best for KC, not TG, whether that means trading him or keeping him around. He signed a contract agreeing to play for us. If he didn't want to play here, then he shouldn't have signed his name on the dotted line.
    Heh, i posted at the same time!! Great minds and all...
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast