Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Tony Gonzalez

Cool Tony Gonzalez

I am so tired of hearing how TGon wants out of KC. His complaints seem pretty ridiculous. WAH I want a Super Bowl ring. Im sure he is the only one on the team that does. As I recall he complained and moaned until he got a new contract. He got it , and now wants out. The other complaint is we traded Jared Allen. Ill have to admit I was pretty mad when this happened as well, but the fact of the matter is Jared might have raised our poor sack total for the year, and possibly helped us win 1 or 2 more games. But we were deffinately more than 1 player away from making the playoffs. I love Tony he has done so much for our organization, but he needs to quit his *****in. I feel we are on the right track to becoming a playoff team. If Tony keeps complaining I say send him to Detroit, hes not the only 1 wanting a ring all the other players, coaches, and fans do too.

[quote=Canada;116165]
    Quote Originally Posted by Chieffaninfl View Post

This is still a business. And what about the 1000s of fans who have supported the Chiefs long before Tony showed up and will continue to do so long after Tony G leaves. Don't they deserve to keep Tony if he makes the Chiefs better? He signed a contract. If he wanted to leave then he should not have taken the money. Fact is, we are closer to a SB with Tony than without.
    Mr. Canada...I could not agree more. I see that TG is now back pedalling in order to save some face. His approach on this entire deal was poor to begin with..Almost Brett Favre'ish.

I remember sitting in the stands, in the rain when we played the NE Patriots and Scott Zolak was their QB. On that day, I think there was only about 30 people in that section of Arrowhead.

WE, the fans have been complaining for YEARS about the mis-management and even the unsuccessful coaching because it has yet to net another SB crown.

Sorry...To me it is just like my kids...The patience has been repeatedly tried and tested, so either get on the boat and shut-up or nut-up and get out.

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    Tony's now refuting that he wants out of KC.

FOX Sports on MSN - NFL - Gonzalez: I'm willing to stick with Chiefs

Either way, he should be a Chief next year. No reason to trade him. LJ is a different story, because unlike TG he is average now, much less a pro bowler.
    I have a feeling this is the media looking for a story than an actual story. Tony's been pretty consistent that he want to play for a winner and not be on a team continually "rebuilding." I think he wants to see if we stay the course this offseason or if we actually keep our good players and are active in FA.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456