Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lmfao... I Wonder Why!!!!

Default Lmfao... I Wonder Why!!!!

Gee... I wonder why the city of Kansas City doesn't like this guy.

Per PFT:
    Chiefs running back Larry Johnson, whose status has gotten lost in the shuffle of a G.M. search, an evaluation of former head coach Herm Edwards, and an effort to find a new head coach, has reiterated his desire to get out of town.

In an interview on 610 Sports in Kansas City, Johnson made his case for a “clean break.”

He said that Kansas isn’t “a fit for me anymore,” pointing generally to the “environment and things that went on.”

“No sense of delaying the inevitable . . . I think it’s time for us to break ties,” Johnson said.

The interview began with a quote from the film Scarface, which Johnson specifically requested.

“You’re all a bunch of f–king *******s,” Al Pacino as Tony Montana said in the quote. “You know why? You don’t have the guts to be what you wanna be. You need people like me. You need people like me so you can point your f–king fingers and say, ‘That’s the bad guy.’

“So, what [does] that make you, good? You’re not good. You just know how to hide, how to lie. Me, I don’t have that card. Me, I always tell the truth, even when I lie.”

So how did Johnson explain the reason for requesting that quote? “That’s sometimes how I feel when I go in and out of Kansas City,” Johnson said.

Ugh.

“They can easily release me. They can easily trade me,” Johnson explained as to a question regarding the team’s ability under the cap to clear out his big-money deal, signed less than two years ago.

Johnson’s venom was vaguely directed at the “organization,” but not at the players or the coaches. He complained that, when Dick Vermeil was head coach, the team tried to trade him to Tampa.

Johnson also complained about the fact that the team tried to trade him last season.

Citing a “code of ethics,” he objected to his perception that “they’ve been trying to trade me ever since I got there.” (Except, of course, when they gave him that huge contract that he’d now like to ignore.)

As to Kansas City itself, he said that he heard boos when he went to a local basketball game, and boos and “snickering” when he went out in the Kansas City area.

“At a point I didn’t even want to leave my house,” Johnson said.

He insisted that he’s not “misunderstood,” claiming that the team has made no effort to understand him.

Johnson said that one of the “suits” in the organization once told Johnson’s father that the running back “walk[s] around like a rapper.” Johnson complained that the organization has been worried about things other than football.

He made the case for not being a “cancer in the locker room” based on his contention that his music always plays before games, and that teammates ask him about clothing, lifestyle, and where to go on vacation.

“That’s not being a cancer,” Johnson said. “You get that information from guys who don’t want me here.”

Johnson said that he hasn’t spoken to new G.M. Scott Pioli, and that Johnson doesn’t plan to. Johnson also said he hasn’t spoken with any of his teammates.

He said that he prefers playing for an East Coast team, even though his mom apparently would like to see him be a member of the Dallas Cowboys.

Despite the fact that his comments are coming more than three weeks before the launch of free agency, when the big money tends to flow, Johnson doesn’t seem to be insisting on a trade or a release before February 27. And he never said that he won’t show up for mandatory offeseason activities or training camp.

It’s a smart move on his part, given that he is signed for four more seasons. Like the Bengals proved a year ago to another player previously named Johnson, the player doesn’t have the right to fire the team.

Still, we think that Johnson should be a bit more open-minded regarding his position on this. Calling the Chiefs a “rebuilding” operation, Johnson said: “I’ve done what I’ve done for Kansas City, and I’m not getting no younger and the team is getting a lot younger.”

Former Dolphins defensive end Jason Taylor felt the same way a year ago as a new regime took over in Miami, led by the father-in-law of the guy who’s now running the show in Kansas City. Nearly a year later, we’ve got a feeling that Taylor would have preferred staying put in the town that Tony Montana once ruled.

Uh, here's a hint LJ. Don't go around spitting drinks in women's faces and assaulting them on a regular basis and people won't boo you or whisper about you. You've had two good seasons with the Chiefs. You pouted for a few seasons when you first got here, played well for two seasons, then got hurt, then suspended and STILL almost put up a 1000 yards for a team who "doesn't use you or want you." Get a clue jackass.

You're supposed to be this football historian. Tell me, how many of your childhood idols acted the way you did? OJ Simpson doesn't count. He was already retired before he kill..err drove for a long period of time while being pursued by the entire LA police force for doing nothing wrong. He was also retired before stealing all that crap from Vegas. So, you can't use him.

What have you done to earn the respect of this community? Carried the ball over 400 times in a season? Really? That's supposed to offset all the other bullsh!t you've brought to this team? You said it yourself. You're not getting any younger. You didn't get a quick start to your career. Your chances of going down in history as one of the greatest RBs of all time are slim to none and slim is trying to distance himself from you because you're such an A-HOLE!! I've got an idea, how bout you shut the EFF up, be happy with that huge *** bullsh!t contract of yours and quit assaulting women who hurt your feelings.

It's becoming more and more apparent every year that this guy never "took the diapers off." He whines more than my 9 week old puppy. The two or so seasons that LJ was able not to NOT take a dump on the city seems to have been a fluke. Somebody go get the pampers and the pacifier... you know what, forget the pacifier, I've got something else this jackass can suck on.

Good riddance!

Maybe we can send him to Detroit.

Or to the Cincinatti Criminals.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    Or to the Cincinatti Criminals.
    There's always arena ball.

Dallas will take him, they take all the second hand trash...

No, he's not a cancer in the locker room. All this whining about not wanting to be on the team has a great and positive attitude in the locker room. His running up to the line and falling down, yeah those are the things teams are made out of. His constant getting on the air and telling how much he hates Kansas City and would rather go somewhere else, yeah all of those things are great team building techniques and go a long way in showing all these younger players what it means to be a pro football player!

Johnson, you are not misunderstood, we understand your type perfectly well. You are a whiner that did not get you A$$ beat enough as a child and never learned about work ethic and what it means to be a team player!

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

I have a killer plaque with him(LJ) holding up the diamond and autographed. I paid $100 for it, back when he bothered trying to run (Pre-fat contract).. I cringe when I think of what it's worth now. Bet it isn't worth crap now.....thanks LJ

At one point, I liked LJ as much or more than any other of my Chief heroes. Priest, Christian, Derrick, Neil, Dale, Tony, any of em'. Well, enough is enough. You want out so bad, then get the F*^# out of here! I still do not agree at all with the talk that he doesnt run hard, but thats all irrellevant WHEN YOU ARE AN A$$HOLE LIKE HIM
    Last edited by Chiefster; 02-04-2009 at 09:10 PM.

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy Tek View Post
    At one point, I liked LJ as much or more than any other of my Chief heroes. Priest, Christian, Derrick, Neil, Dale, Tony, any of em'. Well, enough is enough. You want out so bad, then get the F*^# out of here! I still do not agree at all with the talk that he doesnt run hard, but thats all irrellevant WHEN YOU ARE AN A$$HOLE LIKE HIM
    You got that right.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    No, he's not a cancer in the locker room. All this whining about not wanting to be on the team has a great and positive attitude in the locker room. His running up to the line and falling down, yeah those are the things teams are made out of. His constant getting on the air and telling how much he hates Kansas City and would rather go somewhere else, yeah all of those things are great team building techniques and go a long way in showing all these younger players what it means to be a pro football player!

Johnson, you are not misunderstood, we understand your type perfectly well. You are a whiner that did not get you A$$ beat enough as a child and never learned about work ethic and what it means to be a team player!
    Oh man! REP!!!

I just listened to his interview..here is a quote from LJ..."no sense in me trying to fight an uphill battle". Welcome to life 101 LJ!! Things get a little tough and he wants to turn tail and run! unbelievable! He does not blame any players or coaches, just the organization! ????? This guy needs to take a long soul searching look in the mirror. Can we get rid of this "mefirst" without too much cap damage?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast