Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is Going On With Gonzalez?

Default What is Going On With Gonzalez?

NM Just found some answers
    Last edited by RockRocks787; 02-04-2009 at 08:09 PM.

he is making ultimadems for the chiefs now do not get me wrong i love gonzo as a chief.but nobody is bigger than the game. he signed a contract extension he should have to honor that. i know i have to honor all of my contracts when it comes to work. but instead of releasing all of his frustrations in house. he is telling the reporters . i am not saying he should not be frustrated because i am frustrated with this past season.but i am saying he could be a little more professional and humble about it. not tell the chiefs he does not want to play for them if they hire a college coach. you have no say in the next coach gonzo leave it alone. you still are the best player to ever wear the uniform but you and larry popping off at the same time give me a break

Agreed, but at least Gonzo has earned the right to "pop off." IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Agreed, but at least Gonzo has earned the right to "pop off." IMHO
    i agree it did not even feel right after writing it but i think hearing lj"s comments then hearing what gonzo had to say seams like they are bashing the very team i love

Quote Originally Posted by slc chief View Post
    i agree it did not even feel right after writing it but i think hearing lj"s comments then hearing what gonzo had to say seams like they are bashing the very team i love
    I read ya. I just think that Gonzo wants to get what he has not yet attained but feels like he deserves, and LJ just needs to go away.

They're free to speak their mind regardless of fan opinion. We could boo them and be mad at their disparaging remarks but at the end of the day we don't sign his pay check, Clark does.

Regardless...

They can hoot and hollar all they want for I care, as long as they produce results on the feild (like Tony) and if they don't (like LJ) just kick him to the curb and get what you can for him (send LJ to Detroit and let him sulk over there).

I think the main thing to take away from both of their gripes with the current affair of things is that they both want to win yet one is willing to prove it (Gonzo) and the other isn't (LJ). I dont think Tony is a cancer but I do think that LJ's ego is a little misplaced considering is lack of productivity the past few years and his lack of professionalism off the field I fear for some of the impressionable people in the locker room and the general appeal KC can have to the public eye when a bad egg like him is stinking up the place.

Also remember they're both under contract so really its more of a temper tantrum imo...

I disagree....don't sign contracts if you don't feel like fulfilling them. Not time to whine about it and repay the organization by showing your displeasure. The Chiefs have made him a VERY wealthy man and he is the toast of the town. Not a bad existence, if you ask me. He is nothing more than a tool in a mechanics toolbox and he is bought and paid for to do just that...to keep your mouth shut and perform to your ability. As much as I love T.G., I really don't care to hear his sad sob story in the media

Nice post, Chris....
    The hypocrisy I chuckle at is when a player will hold out on his contract and miss training camp or even longer, while his "beloved" teammates try to run plays without thier superstar and the player states, "Its just business". Then, when they become disenchanted with a team, they want out because of wanting a playoff win or they aren't getting thier carries or whatnot, then it's not good enough when a GM says you are staying and HE states, "Its just business". Then they publicly roll around on the floor, whining and pouting that it's wrong....remind me why I still love this game? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by KCraised View Post
    I disagree....don't sign contracts if you don't feel like fulfilling them. Not time to whine about it and repay the organization by showing your displeasure. The Chiefs have made him a VERY wealthy man and he is the toast of the town. Not a bad existence, if you ask me. He is nothing more than a tool in a mechanics toolbox and he is bought and paid for to do just that...to keep your mouth shut and perform to your ability. As much as I love T.G., I really don't care to hear his sad sob story in the media
    That would make more sense if both sides had to abide by the contract. Management doesn't have to abide by anything - I don't blame players for doing what they have to do.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast