Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: UFA and FA Market

Default UFA and FA Market

I was just reviewing the market and by all means, we should be able to make a nice splash at any position, or more one position with what is available.

If we use our picks wisely, and scout well, along with the FA market, on a very serious note, we could do some serious damage this year.

2009 NFL Free Agents

I like that Vilma cat- sounds like he would be a solid tackler to pick up. I don't really think Baltimore is going to let Suggs or Lewis walk out of town.

But if we could pick up Peppers and Vilma, that would be nice.

I think our splash will have to be the 2010-11 season... have you seen the 09-10 schedule??? It's about as rough as they come..

That being said, we definitely need to splurge in the Free agent market for impact players.

I'd take Devery Henderson, we need another vet WR too scare teams with our pass attack, also Sproles, Peppers, and Mike Peterson.

I don't think any of the Baltimore crew will be leaving as they are faithful to the Ravens. Yea, imagine Bart Scott on the Chiefs :)

OH, Jeff Saturday FA?!

Haha, Montey Biesl still plays??

Here's a few free agents I have my eyes on: 1.Julius Peppers 2.Jonathon Vilma 3.Albert Haynesworth 4.Jordan Gross 5.Karlos Dansby 6.Sean Jones 7.Matt Birk 8.Dunta Robinson 9.T.J. Houshmandzadeh 10.Darren Sproles 11.Antonio Bryant 12.Nnamdi Asomugha 13.Jeff Garcia 14.Byron Leftwich 15.David Carr 16.Marquis Tuiasosopo 17.Lorenzo Neal; a combo or even one of the key guys on this list would help our team significantly. I didn't include any Ravens LBs because I don't believe they are going anywhere. Maybe Scott, but in all likely-hood he will be over-paid in comparison to a better player in Vilma.

Quote Originally Posted by KristofLaw View Post
    Here's a few free agents I have my eyes on: 1.Julius Peppers 2.Jonathon Vilma 3.Albert Haynesworth 4.Jordan Gross 5.Karlos Dansby 6.Sean Jones 7.Matt Birk 8.Dunta Robinson 9.T.J. Houshmandzadeh 10.Darren Sproles 11.Antonio Bryant 12.Nnamdi Asomugha 13.Jeff Garcia 14.Byron Leftwich 15.David Carr 16.Marquis Tuiasosopo 17.Lorenzo Neal; a combo or even one of the key guys on this list would help our team significantly. I didn't include any Ravens LBs because I don't believe they are going anywhere. Maybe Scott, but in all likely-hood he will be over-paid in comparison to a better player in Vilma.
    The hard part is knowing who will be leaving their team and who won't. It looks like Peppers wants out of Carolina, but who knows if Carolina will just let him go. Gross looks to be either signed long term or franchise tagged. Vilma looks to be the only sure thing because the Saints will lose their first round pick in a trade because of Vilma. The Saints are not real good at this trading thing. I don't know about Dansby. I think that will depend if they choose to stick with Kurt Warner. He may jet if they want to put in Matt Leinart. I know I would. Haynesworth will probably be staying with the Titans since they are a playoff team now. And who knows what will happen to Housh...but I would like him here.

I would love to see Vilma on the Chiefs. You have got to remember this guy is a former defensive rookie of the year, still young, and he is a tackling machine! Hopefully it will rub off on some of the other players.

I believe I saw some where that Peppers could NOT be Franchised this year??? Some thing in his contract I think.

And it sounds like Vilma will be gone (why would they give up there first rounder)

So maybe we can make a run at Peppers AND Vilma

Then we wouldn't have to worry about reaching on a DE or MLB with our first rounder.

HMMMM BUT If we got Vilma for MLB we could still grab Curry to play OLB MUAHAHA

Quote Originally Posted by balto View Post
    HMMMM BUT If we got Vilma for MLB we could still grab Curry to play OLB MUAHAHA
    That would turn a dreadful linebacker corps into the strength of the defense with one swoosh.. I'd like that..

Then we could focus on OL and a stud DE.

Quote Originally Posted by KristofLaw View Post

1.Julius Peppers - agree entirely. Whether he's a 3-4 LB or a 4-3 DE, he'd be a perfect fit for this team.

2.Jonathon Vilma - A bit undersized, and wouldn't be a good fit if we go to a 3-4, but the best FA MLB.

3.Albert Haynesworth - My number 1 FA. We need him on this team next year.

4.Jordan Gross - agree entirely. A long shot, but possible.

5.Karlos Dansby - can't see him leaving the Cardinals after this season, either because he's franchised or because he signs long-term. But I'd love to have him.

6.Sean Jones - It would be difficult to convert him to FS from SS. And we have enough young SSs.

7.Matt Birk - I'd rather draft a C, but he'd be fine if we can get him at a reasonable price.

8.Dunta Robinson - Probably would be too expensive as an upgrade over Carr. I'd pass.

9.T.J. Houshmandzadeh - My number 3 FA. Would be a perfect fit for this team. I'd be willing to break the bank for him.

10.Darren Sproles - too small to play well on anything but astroturf. Pass.

11.Antonio Bryant - Interesting pickup. Probably will resign with the Bucs, though, and will probably be overpriced.

12.Nnamdi Asomugha - My number 2 FA. Would be an awesome, awesome pickup if the Raiders don't franchise.

13.Jeff Garcia - Pass. Big time. No better than Thigpen and would create QB controversy.

14.Byron Leftwich - See Jeff Garcia.

15.David Carr - Would be fine a 2QB, but I think the Giants hold onto him.

16.Marquis Tuiasosopo - Pass.

17.Lorenzo Neal - Would be perfect as our FB.

I would also add Mike Peterson of the Jags if we can't get Vilma, Marvel Smith (OT) of Pittsburgh, and Mark Tauscher (OT) of Green Bay on my wish list.

I also agree that it looks like Bart Scott, Ray Lewis, and Terrell Suggs are staying with the Ravens.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast