Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: **Official Thread : Haley offered KC HC job

Default **Official Thread : Haley offered KC HC job

Well, it finally comes to a close.
    http://msn.foxsports.com/other/story...offensive-boss

Just because we got Haley doesn't mean Pioli ignores the defense. I think just the opposite. Pioli and Haley will bring somebody in here that can stuff the run.
    You watch. Our D will be that much better without the HC dictating to the DC...
    SHUT IT

He's young.
    He's a motivater.
    He gets in players faces.
    He's a game planner.
    He's hungry.
    Watch out AFC!!
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Cardinalmaniac View Post
    Congrats guys. I hope he can do for Dwayne Bowe what he helped do with Fitz & Boldin. Get ready for a fun offense....however kiss your running game goodbye :)

I'll miss Haley.
    I don't think that's a fair statement. Yes your running game was the worst in the NFL. But, James was hurt and then a rookie RB was expected to carry the load. But in light of that Haley coached that offense to the Superbowl. I'm good with that. It shows an ability to adapt and that is something Herm Edwards couldn't do.

Jamaal Charles. University of Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by Nel Toille View Post
    This is exciting because it means we are going to target Crabtree. Even if you're against taking him at #3, you can at least be happy that some teams will be willing to trade a lot to get him. The two that come to mind are Seattle and Oakland, which have high first round picks, so we could trade, get a crapload of other good picks and still have high first round pick. That or we get Crabtree, who could easily be the best player to come out of this draft. This is a huge win/win situation for us. I'm really excited.
    Our best chance of trading down is with another team that also has a high draft pick. Trading #3 to Oakland so they can take Crabtree. Chiefs would swap 1st rd picks and get additional 2nd or 3rd round pick.

That would be ideal. Then the Chiefs could get good value with the #7 pick by taking the best DE or MLB on the board. They could get some OL help in the 2nd and 3rd with those picks.

Cards fan here, just wanted to say good luck with Haley. I don't know how much of our offense's success can be attributed to Todd (with players like Warner, Fitz, and Boldin I could probably put points on the board) but I know that Fitzgerald thanked Todd for always pressuring him to get better, maybe he will have a similar relationship with Bowe and maybe Bowe and Gonzalez can team up to be a deadly receiving tandem. A lot of that has to do with who's throwing the ball though, I see you going quarterback in the draft especially if Stafford is available (even though from what I saw of Thigpen in the preseason I wouldn't write him off just yet) and a lot of the burden will fall on the offensive line to keep him clean, even Peyton can't shine when he's on his back.

The thing I liked most about Haley though was the way he dealt with players who could become distractions (like in the now infamous Boldin NFC Championship "don't call me that" incident) He's not a players coach, he expects players to get up and do their jobs. That's why I'm interested to see how he deals with the Larry Johnson situation, and how he'll deal with Tony Gonzalez. Todd is a fiery guy who can lead a team and he isn't afraid to make the calls that when they work will make you stand up and proclaim him as the next Lombardi and when they don't work... well I'm sure you'll have some pretty choice words for that as well (Herm is a four letter word right?) I know I did.

(word of warning though, beware of the 'Haley Special' RB lines up next to the QB in shotgun formation with four receivers spread wide, QB hikes the ball running a draw play and gives the ball to the RB 5 yards behind the line of scrimmage with no running start and the RB usually dances in the backfield as the play is blown up and stopped for a loss. On the 3.7648% of plays when it works though you are left shaking your head convinced that you just witnessed the greatest 2 yard run in history.)

Well there's my two cents and I just wanted to say good luck again. You guys are my new AFC team to root for (nice colors by the way) so I'll be rooting for you unless you're playing the Cardinals of course. I'd stay and chat but the Cardinals boards are probably blowing up right now because we just fired our DC and Boldin wants out. So were in the same boat right now in terms of not knowing who are coordinators are going to be I don't know if any of our other coaches are going to follow Haley since they are all under contract but I thought I'd stop by and give my bit of analysis. Wow that turned out way longer than I originally planned.
    Last edited by BigRedRage; 02-07-2009 at 02:01 AM.

Default Todd Haley from a Cardinals Perspective

Cards fan here, just wanted to say good luck with Haley. I don't know how much of our offense's success can be attributed to Todd (with players like Warner, Fitz, and Boldin I could probably put points on the board) but I know that Fitzgerald thanked Todd for always pressuring him to get better, maybe he will have a similar relationship with Bowe and maybe Bowe and Gonzalez can team up to be a deadly receiving tandem. A lot of that has to do with who's throwing the ball though, I see you going quarterback in the draft especially if Stafford is available (even though from what I saw of Thigpen in the preseason I wouldn't write him off just yet) and a lot of the burden will fall on the offensive line to keep him clean, even Peyton can't shine when he's on his back.

The thing I liked most about Haley though was the way he dealt with players who could become distractions (like in the now infamous Boldin NFC Championship "don't call me that" incident) He's not a players coach, he expects players to get up and do their jobs. That's why I'm interested to see how he deals with the Larry Johnson situation, and how he'll deal with Tony Gonzalez. Todd is a fiery guy who can lead a team and he isn't afraid to make the calls that when they work will make you stand up and proclaim him as the next Lombardi and when they don't work... well I'm sure you'll have some pretty choice words for that as well (Herm is a four letter word right?) I know I did.

(word of warning though, beware of the 'Haley Special' RB lines up next to the QB in shotgun formation with four receivers spread wide, QB hikes the ball running a draw play and gives the ball to the RB 5 yards behind the line of scrimmage with no running start and the RB usually dances in the backfield as the play is blown up and stopped for a loss. On the 3.7648% of plays when it works though you are left shaking your head convinced that you just witnessed the greatest 2 yard run in history.)

Well there's my two cents and I just wanted to say good luck again. You guys are my new AFC team to root for (nice colors by the way) so I'll be rooting for you unless you're playing the Cardinals of course. This is a big get considering the uncontrollable rage I felt towards my chemistry teacher, a Chiefs fan, but why let one person ruin it for me? I'd stay and chat but the Cardinals boards are probably blowing up right now because we just fired our DC and Boldin wants out. So were in the same boat right now in terms of not knowing who are coordinators are going to be I don't know if any of our other coaches are going to follow Haley since they are all under contract but I thought I'd stop by and give my bit of analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy Tek View Post
    If Pioli says it will work, than it will work. Congrats Haley and welcome aboard!

Cant believe you beat me to this one Tex! you basterd!
    Yeah, well, some people SAY the Chiefs are their life, while others prove it... that's all I'm sayin.

Don't get all pissy with me. You know I'm great. :sign0102:

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Yeah, well, some people SAY the Chiefs are their life, while others prove it... that's all I'm sayin.

Don't get all pissy with me. You know I'm great. :sign0102:
    You were saying...

The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

First off, I wanna say...Thank God! I don't know what I would have done, had we brought Shanahan Here.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefsfreak4life View Post
    This is my thinking as well, that we go after Crabtree, and make it known that we are. That way we could trade down or if noone wants to, we just take Crabtree!!
    I agree with this, except for the last word. WHere I would insert this... "An OT".

Quote Originally Posted by Cardinalmaniac View Post
    Congrats guys. I hope he can do for Dwayne Bowe what he helped do with Fitz & Boldin. Get ready for a fun offense....however kiss your running game goodbye :)

I'll miss Haley.
    I said goodbye to our running game two seasons ago.

Canada, I'm still in aww.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast