Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So what does this mean for Chan Gailey?

Default So what does this mean for Chan Gailey?

Everyone is reporting that Haley is our new HC. I wonder what this means for Chan Gailey. He is known for running a more traditional/power running offense. This year he changed on the fly to the spread. Haley seems to be a bit of an innovator.

I wonder what this means for Gailey. Personally, I think he is a good OC. I guess we will wait and see ...

Yeah, I like Gailey, so I hope this means he stays and we have a really strong offensive game plan this year.

Sounds like the offensive we be on point.. Don't know bout the defense tho

Gaily should stay. Gaily and Haley should benefit each other. He will also take a lot of pressure of Haley in his 1st year as HC.
    Besides - Haley and Gaily rhyme. They should work good together...
    SHUT IT

I didn't get impression from the press conference that Chan's job was safe. We'll see how this plays out.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    I didn't get impression from the press conference that Chan's job was safe. We'll see how this plays out.
    Same, the vibe I got from the whole situation was that Chan was the 'backup' plan if Haley refused the HC position. But now that Haley is the guy now I'd give Gailey a 40% chance of staying on board as the current OC maybe less pending how much Haley wants to institute his own offensive scheme into the mix.

I will say this, there might be some OC descrpencies if Chan stays (I hope he does). Haley will have to learn to be a HC and let his OC do his thing. I think herm tried to mess with things too much and handcuffed coordinators.

I agree, no ones job is safe @ this point...

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    Everyone is reporting that Haley is our new HC. I wonder what this means for Chan Gailey. He is known for running a more traditional/power running offense. This year he changed on the fly to the spread. Haley seems to be a bit of an innovator.

I wonder what this means for Gailey. Personally, I think he is a good OC. I guess we will wait and see ...
    If we keep Gailey I think he will run the kind of Offense that Haley wants him too.

At this point I'm not sure that any of the asst. coaches are safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro_Angler View Post
    I will say this, there might be some OC discrepancies if Chan stays (I hope he does). Haley will have to learn to be a HC and let his OC do his thing. I think herm tried to mess with things too much and handcuffed coordinators.

You are 100% correct there, he is the HC not HC/OC. He should let Chan stay this year at least to see if they can work together I mean Chan has been where Haley is at now and he may be a great help to him.

I too think Herm's big problem was he tried to force his coordinators to play his way instead of their way and it obsessively did not work.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast