Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: So what does this mean for Chan Gailey?

Default So what does this mean for Chan Gailey?

Everyone is reporting that Haley is our new HC. I wonder what this means for Chan Gailey. He is known for running a more traditional/power running offense. This year he changed on the fly to the spread. Haley seems to be a bit of an innovator.

I wonder what this means for Gailey. Personally, I think he is a good OC. I guess we will wait and see ...

Chiefs | Gailey could be candidate for college job
    Sat, 07 Feb 2009 14:09:55 -0800
    Kevin Gorman, of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, reports Kansas City Chiefs offensive coordinator Chan Gailey may be a candidate for the offensive coordinator position at the University of Pittsburgh.
    Last edited by YZILLA; 02-08-2009 at 01:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by YZILLA View Post
    Chiefs | Gailey could be candidate for college job
    Sat, 07 Feb 2009 14:09:55 -0800
    Kevin Gorman, of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, reports Kansas City Chiefs offensive coordinator Chan Gailey may be a candidate for the offensive coordinator position at the University of Pittsburgh.
    After that pitiful 3-0 loss to Oregon State I can see why Wannstedt and the University of Pittsburgh are looking for an overall on the offensive side of things

Well, if Haley calls the plays next season it makes sense that Gailey wouldn't be back. A lot of coaches around the league do this. Andy Reid, Kubiak, Josh McDaniels is going to call the plays next year for the Broncos too.

I think Gailey will be gone. He was kept as insurance should the crop of potential coaches dwindled too low. OC is a pivotal position and I bet Haley has his choice. Anytime you have major changes like we've had, typically none of the main coaching personnel are kept.

Jamaal Charles. University of Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by N TX Dave View Post

You are 100% correct there, he is the HC not HC/OC. He should let Chan stay this year at least to see if they can work together I mean Chan has been where Haley is at now and he may be a great help to him.

I too think Herm's big problem was he tried to force his coordinators to play his way instead of their way and it obsessively did not work.

OMG mark this down in history of Chiefscrowd.com someone agrees with me..tytyty Oh ty so much.....

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    at least their names go together well " the Haley Gailey Boys"
    I'm imagining someone writing a '60's jingle about them - There is Haley and that is Gailey! They are making winners nowwwwwww...
    Last edited by hardcorechiefsfan; 02-08-2009 at 11:38 PM.
    <a href=http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif target=_blank>http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif</a>

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123