Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ahhh, Salary Cap Room

Default Ahhh, Salary Cap Room

Go ahead and assemble that free-agent wish list, Chiefs fans. Dream big, because salary-cap room won’t be a problem.
    And with new coach Todd Haley finally in the fold, he and general manager Scott Pioli can go to town.
    A quarterback like New England’s Matt Cassel? Pioli knows about him firsthand.
    A linebacker like Arizona’s Karlos Dansby? Haley watched him in practice every day of the season.
    The Chiefs would be able to sign both those players and then some like Carolina’s pass-rusher Julius Peppers. Research by The Kansas City Star shows the Chiefs have salary-cap commitments of about $85.6 million, or about $37 million less than the projected NFL limit of $123 million.
    The Chiefs could clear plenty more cap room without much pain. Patrick Surtain, the fourth cornerback, has the team’s highest salary-cap figure at almost $9.8 million. A player’s cost against the salary cap includes a player’s base salary plus various bonuses.
    Releasing Surtain, who is due a $7 million salary, would save the Chiefs an additional $3.8 million against their cap.
    Two other aging veterans who also may not figure in to Kansas City’s plans, linebacker Donnie Edwards and quarterback Damon Huard, are also among the Chiefs’ highest-paid players.
    The Chiefs don’t have many prospective free agents of their own. Nine of their players don’t have a 2009 contract, and the only one the Chiefs would probably view as urgent to retain is safety Jarrad Page.
    Page would be a restricted free agent, giving the Chiefs the right to match any offer he would receive as long as they offer him a one-year contract.
    The Chiefs might also view backup safety Jon McGraw, a potential unrestricted free agent, as a valuable player because of his special-teams skills. McGraw in 2008 concluded a two-year contract that paid him $645,000 last season.

Quote Originally Posted by prough91 View Post
    I was thinkin' about that the other day. How bad would it be if he went to the Raiders or Broncos and came in and rolled up 250 yards on us?
    I don't think its physically possible to turn the human body back 5 years.
    LJ is cooked. :armee_smilies132:
    SHUT IT

He ran 200 against the Broncos last year. I don't think one year will make that big a difference.
    "If you need braggin' on, let someone else do it"-my dad

He ran 200 against the Broncos last year. I don't think one year will make that big a difference.
    I do. Sorry I must disagree with you on this one...
    The body slows as it ages. Just the way it is. LJ is now 30 years old. Couple that with a sh!t attitude and a rap sheet and you got nothing but a flaming bag-o-sh!t.:firedevil:
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    I do. Sorry I must disagree with you on this one...
    The body slows as it ages. Just the way it is. LJ is now 30 years old. Couple that with a sh!t attitude and a rap sheet and you got nothing but a flaming bag-o-sh!t.:firedevil:
    I still think LJ has a little left in the tank; he just don't want to use it for the Chiefs. Plus, he runs very well when he's pissed off and coming back to play the Chiefs would give him every reason to run like the LJ of old.

I still think LJ has a little left in the tank; he just don't want to use it for the Chiefs. Plus, he runs very well when he's pissed off and coming back to play the Chiefs would give him every reason to run like the LJ of old.
    OK dude. We shall see.
    SHUT IT

To me, it would just be one of the most embarrassing thing ever.

To me, it would just be one of the most embarrassing thing ever.
    I don't think so. He burned his bridges here. If he can go somewhere else and do well, so be it.
    And if he runs well against us, it wouldn't be surprising against our current D...
    That being said, I really don't wish him well.
    LJ hates the Chiefs and he hates KC. Good riddance.
    JMHO.
    SHUT IT

I don't think so. He burned his bridges here. If he can go somewhere else and do well, so be it.
    And if he runs well against us, it wouldn't be surprising against our current D...
    That being said, I really don't wish him well.
    LJ hates the Chiefs and he hates KC. Good riddance.
    JMHO.
    I think you misunderstood me a little. I want him gone. I've wanted him gone every since he held out. It's just that, damn, it'd make me so sick to my stomach for him to come back to Arrowhead with a division rival and just tear us apart.

I think you misunderstood me a little. I want him gone. I've wanted him gone every since he held out. It's just that, damn, it'd make me so sick to my stomach for him to come back to Arrowhead with a division rival and just tear us apart.
    I understand. I've consumed a couple adult beverages this evening. Please pardon my boneheadedness...
    SHUT IT

I understand. I've consumed a couple adult beverages this evening. Please pardon my boneheadedness...
    Been there. All is forgiven. I hate when any ex-Chief comes back and burns us.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast