Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What names are out there for Def Coordinator?

Default What names are out there for Def Coordinator?

Now that Haley has been named our guy at HC, the importance of the Def Coordinator has skyrocketed because Haley is "offensive minded". So who are the possible names out there as someone who can turn around a terrible, but young, defense including the worst pass rush?

I heard Keith Butler's name come up. He is currently the LB coach for the Steelers and has been for the past 8 years. First time D-Coord. type but a solid guy given his track record and the talent he has developed along with LeBeau (Harrison, Farrior, Porter etc...) I think he'd be an awesome fit and could really be a valuable asset in looking over our limited core of LBs here in KC.

I heard Butler too, but for the Arizona opening. I would like to see someone who's been with LB's because at this point I don't see a DC moving so it would have to be a defensive assistant from somewhere else. Our LB's aren't bad, it wouldn't hurt to get on in the draft though. I think we just need a good scheme rather than a LB overhaul. It would be nice to see Frazier as DC/ asst. coach but if I was in his position, I wouldn't leave Jared Allen and both of the Williams DT's.

Quote Originally Posted by NWA Chief View Post
    I heard Butler too, but for the Arizona opening. I would like to see someone who's been with LB's because at this point I don't see a DC moving so it would have to be a defensive assistant from somewhere else. Our LB's aren't bad, it wouldn't hurt to get on in the draft though. I think we just need a good scheme rather than a LB overhaul. It would be nice to see Frazier as DC/ asst. coach but if I was in his position, I wouldn't leave Jared Allen and both of the Williams DT's.
    I don't think you watched the same team as I did. Our defense allowed almost 400 yards a game - good for 31st in the league; and allowed 28 pts/game - good for 28th in the league. Rocky Boiman? Not an NFL starter.
    Pat Thomas? Not an NFL starter. Donnie Edwards? No longer an NFL starter. Demorrio Williams? LMFAO! And Derrick Johnson has yet to live up to his potential.
    Our linebackers ARE bad. Out.
    SHUT IT

Chiefs | G. Gibbs hired
    Fri, 13 Feb 2009 1323 -0800
    Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports the Kansas City Chiefs have hired former New Orleans Saints defensive coordinator Gary Gibbs to their coaching staff. Gibbs will be either the team's defensive coordinator or their linebackers coach

www.kffl.com

Quote Originally Posted by Nel Toille View Post
    Greg Robinson!
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Quote Originally Posted by warcrychief View Post
    Chiefs | G. Gibbs hired
    Fri, 13 Feb 2009 1323 -0800
    Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports the Kansas City Chiefs have hired former New Orleans Saints defensive coordinator Gary Gibbs to their coaching staff. Gibbs will be either the team's defensive coordinator or their linebackers coach

www.kffl.com
    Nothin on the Chiefs site yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    I don't think you watched the same team as I did. Our defense allowed almost 400 yards a game - good for 31st in the league; and allowed 28 pts/game - good for 28th in the league. Rocky Boiman? Not an NFL starter.
    Pat Thomas? Not an NFL starter. Donnie Edwards? No longer an NFL starter. Demorrio Williams? LMFAO! And Derrick Johnson has yet to live up to his potential.
    Our linebackers ARE bad. Out.
    I think DJ and Demorrio Williams should stay. I personally think those stats could also be credited to the several injuries at D line too. Yea we should pick up another LB and possibly another for depth but I think Donnie Edwards can help the younger guys as a mentor. Sure hes a lil old but hes able to play just not as productive as he used to be. That coach from Miami doesn't seem bad. I think our best D is when we got an outside rush but that has been a huge hole since we traded Jared Allen.

Quote Originally Posted by hometeam View Post
    Gruden is an offensive coach.

yeah i know but he had a very good defense also in tampa every year so i said him.

Quote Originally Posted by marloweopatchiefs View Post
    yeah i know but he had a very good defense also in tampa every year so i said him.
    Gruden had nothing to do with Tampa's defense. Monty Kiffin was given free rein.

I think we have to remember that the poor performance of our defense is due in large part to the defensive scheme we were running.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast