Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trade Idea!

Default Trade Idea!

How about the Chiefs swap their 1st round pick (3rd overall) to the Cardinals for their 1st round pick (31st overall) and Boldin.

The Chiefs get a legitimate #1WR to pair with Bowe and TG, and the Cardinals get to draft their LT of the future.

The Chiefs can then use their late 1st rounder on Duke Robinson or Alex Mack to solidify the line, and the 2nd on Loadholt for the RT position.

Quote Originally Posted by balto View Post
    I would rather see us trade our 3rd overall to the Eagles for BOTH of there 1st.... ALL reports are that the Eagles want a stud LT and they think they will be able to make it to the Super Bowl if they can get one.

Ya we would be getting kinda hosed on that deal, but tell me which you would rather have:

Cards trade:
    Boldin-(Gonna have to pay him 10mil)
    1)31st:

Eagles trade:
    1)21st:
    1)28th:

The trade with the cards will cost us a ton to keep boldin. Also, Duke and Mack might not even be on the board still at 31.

With the 21st we could have a shot at getting Maclin, who I think would be better paired with Bowe then Boldin OR Crabtree (If we MUST get another WR)
    Then with the 28th we coudl probably get Duke or Mack.
    Philly would never make that deal. They would need to pay $30-$40 million in guaranteed money to the #3 pick. They can sign a FA tackle for much less and keep their picks.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Eagles traded one of those 1st rd picks to Arizona to acquire Anquon Boldin. I have also read that they are very interested in Alex Mack. They could probably snag him with their other 1st rd'er.

So if you are the Eagles would you rather have:

Boldin - $10mm/yr
    Alex Mack - $5mm/yr

or

#3 LT for about $30-40/mm in guaranteed money?

Very True

trade lj for boldin..hahah i wish

Quote Originally Posted by Cardinalmaniac View Post
    You guys have to realize that we're the Cardinals. We're used to picking in the top 10. Early round draft picks don't mean a whole lot to us since we tend to get them every year and all we end up with are over priced players.

Some of our best depth came from picks after the 1st round.
    Yo dude... congrats on 08/09. It was an exciting run.

Quote Originally Posted by balto View Post
    I would rather see us trade our 3rd overall to the Eagles for BOTH of there 1st.... ALL reports are that the Eagles want a stud LT and they think they will be able to make it to the Super Bowl if they can get one.

Ya we would be getting kinda hosed on that deal, but tell me which you would rather have:

Cards trade:
    Boldin-(Gonna have to pay him 10mil)
    1)31st:

Eagles trade:
    1)21st:
    1)28th:

The trade with the cards will cost us a ton to keep boldin. Also, Duke and Mack might not even be on the board still at 31.

With the 21st we could have a shot at getting Maclin, who I think would be better paired with Bowe then Boldin OR Crabtree (If we MUST get another WR)
    Then with the 28th we coudl probably get Duke or Mack.
    Or how about Duke with #21 and Mack with #28. Or Brian Cushing with 21 and Duke or Mack with 28.

I would love this trade. But unfortunately I dont think the Eagles will make that happen. Especially with Housh saying he wants to play with McNabb.

However, Coach, I think you are a little misleading with your numbers. A number 3 LT would get 30-40 mil guaranteed over like 4-5 years. Which is more like 10 mil/year. So it would really be either Boldin and Mack for a total of around 10-15 mil/year or 30-40 mil over 4 years. Or a LT for 30-40 mil over 4 years. I think it would come out to the same cost, but they will get one less player.

Minor detail, because I agree that I dont think there is enough in that deal to make it worthwhile for Philly to pay that much.

Then again, they are 25 mil under the cap this year ...

The only way that could happen is if this happened: we trade our 3rd with Oakland for their 3rd round pick. Then Philly trades for our 7th (fr. Oakland) and we get the 21st, and 28th. That is a little more feasible, except I dont think Oakland will ever trade with us, even if we get shafted in the draft points.
    Last edited by jap1; 02-07-2009 at 04:12 PM.

A trade for Boldin is not going to happen. Chiefs have to fill 2 LB positions and a DE position and 3 OL positions before even thinking about taking another WR, at least as long as they keep TG.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12