Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Haley as Head Coach Negative thread.

Default Haley as Head Coach Negative thread.

For those who feel this was a bad choice, post your reasons in this thread.

Me, I will wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro_Angler View Post
    Coach Pioli yes I do agree he was the best option for the chiefs. I think we should have kept Herm for atleast one more year I'd be happier then i am right now.
    Part of me wonders if that wasn't the best option as well due to all of the big name coaches available next year. But, I think Herm would have been a lame duck coach this coming year and it would have set the team back by another year.

I would have preferred Cowher. But you can have Holmgren, Shanahan, Chuckie, and the others. There were no guarantees the Chiefs would have landed Cowher and I think Pioli knew that. Cowher doesn't need a rebuilding project. He will inherit a great team somewhere when he's ready to comeback. Very likely San Diego. I think Norv will get the axe next year. I'd be willing to bet money on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Part of me wonders if that wasn't the best option as well due to all of the big name coaches available next year. But, I think Herm would have been a lame duck coach this coming year and it would have set the team back by another year.

I would have preferred Cowher. But you can have Holmgren, Shanahan, Chuckie, and the others. There were no guarantees the Chiefs would have landed Cowher and I think Pioli knew that. Cowher doesn't need a rebuilding project. He will inherit a great team somewhere when he's ready to comeback. Very likely San Diego. I think Norv will get the axe next year. I'd be willing to bet money on it.
    Speaking as a fan I'm not sure I could have stood another season of Herm. I understand the reasoning behind keeping him one more season, but can't help feeling like he had over stayed his welcome as head coach.

Quote Originally Posted by N TX Dave View Post
    He won't say he just likes to complain, he sounds like some of those losers on the old Star forum all they did is complain about everything that the team did they were never happy. I think sometimes they complain just to hear themselves.

Dude at least we got rid of CP and Herm. It is like when CP first got here he hired a DC to be the new HC by the name of Marty and he did okay.

I do not know if Haley will be any good or not only time will tell but at least he is young and bring some fresh blood to the team. I am not happy or unhappy with the signing, but I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt until he proves otherwise.

I am sure Hunt and Pioli both know more about who would and who would not come in as coach. As I am sure they brought in the best in their minds. We do not know who turned down the job before they gave it to Haley.
    Well lets not forget some of the good things CP has done. He got Tony and Derrick, arguably some of the best Chiefs players in the entire franchise and when the Chiefs were a sucky team he brought in coaches players and whatever he needed to make Kansas City have some of the best fans around.

Saint Cowher was once unproven as a head coach, too.

While we don't know much about Haley as a head coach, he's not unproven or a "one season wonder" as an offensive coach. Some of the same things that have been mentioned, I also find worrisome (the Cards' rushing and defensive performances come to mind).

I think it will be important to see who he comes up with as a DC, and how the coaching staff looks in a week or two.

jb

Quote Originally Posted by Pro_Angler View Post
    Coach Pioli yes I do agree he was the best option for the chiefs. I think we should have kept Herm for atleast one more year I'd be happier then i am right now.
    What would be the point of keeping Herm. You said Cowher would never coach here so what would be the point? You think Herm is better than Haley?
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post
    Saint Cowher was once unproven as a head coach, too.

While we don't know much about Haley as a head coach, he's not unproven or a "one season wonder" as an offensive coach. Some of the same things that have been mentioned, I also find worrisome (the Cards' rushing and defensive performances come to mind).

I think it will be important to see who he comes up with as a DC, and how the coaching staff looks in a week or two.

jb
    I don't think you can blame him for the lack of running game entirely. When you've got two of the best receivers in the league supported by a 3rd who could easily be a two, a respectable tight end and Warner tossing them the rock, I don't blame him for throwing it as much as he did especially when you're running game consists of an average line with an aging star and a rookie who wasn't able to handle the load. As far as defense goes, hopefully the right DC will take care of that for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    What would be the point of keeping Herm. You said Cowher would never coach here so what would be the point? You think Herm is better than Haley?
    Great point Cannuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Tyler View Post
    I don't think you can blame him for the lack of running game entirely. When you've got two of the best receivers in the league supported by a 3rd who could easily be a two, a respectable tight end and Warner tossing them the rock, I don't blame him for throwing it as much as he did especially when you're running game consists of an average line with an aging star and a rookie who wasn't able to handle the load. As far as defense goes, hopefully the right DC will take care of that for the most part.
    Play to your stengths. If he had employed the run,run, pass, punt philosophy that Herm adored, I very highly doubt that Arizona would have made it to the superbowl. But I would be willing to bet that they would have finished higher in the NFL in rushing.

A more important statistic is TOTAL offense. Arizona ranked 4th this year. Can your team move the ball? Isn't that really the only thing that matters.

You give me Tom Brady, Andre Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, and Tony Gonzalez and I will show you the worst rushing statistics in the history of the NFL and a Lombardi trophy.

A portion of this hire was his ability to evaluate talent. His father Dick Haley was part of a draft for the steelers in 74 that took 4 HOF's in one draft. Not to say he is his dad, but they talked about how much time he spent around that organization-watching film, listening with scouts, etc. Who he chooses as coordinators is going to be super important especially Def. Co.

Everyone is unproven before they get their first shot to be a head Coach- but this guy has worked along some of the best to see how to build a strong team- Chuck Noll, Bill Parcells, His father

Out of all the HC hires this off-season it would be tough to say anyone of them was a hands down better hire than Haley

As far as the whole experience thing goes, how long have Wisenhunt and Tomlin been around? They both made SB appearances this year.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by N TX Dave View Post
    He won't say he just likes to complain, he sounds like some of those losers on the old Star forum all they did is complain about everything that the team did they were never happy. I think sometimes they complain just to hear themselves.

Dude at least we got rid of CP and Herm. It is like when CP first got here he hired a DC to be the new HC by the name of Marty and he did okay.

I do not know if Haley will be any good or not only time will tell but at least he is young and bring some fresh blood to the team. I am not happy or unhappy with the signing, but I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt until he proves otherwise.

I am sure Hunt and Pioli both know more about who would and who would not come in as coach. As I am sure they brought in the best in their minds. We do not know who turned down the job before they gave it to Haley.
    Hey MR been a member for 1 month post whore. ST%$Y#%^# uip.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast