Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 90

Thread: boldin wants out of arizona

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,471
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 13

    Default boldin wants out of arizona


    0 Not allowed!
    boldin says he wants out of arizona for the next year could he be in a kc uniform next season? i personally think we need to build this team from the offense and defensive line first.but i can already hear the bowe boldin rumors coming

  2. #41
    Member Since
    Oct 2008
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    2,205
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by hometeam View Post
    D bowe has been the best reciever out of his class, drops or not.

    All he needs is to bump his hands thru offseason catch drill and madden pre-season and he CAN be a solid #1

    (madden joke :()
    Outside of Calvin Johnson of course :)

    1300 yards 12 TDs with the likes of Culpepper and Dan Orlovsky throwing to him.

    Bowe is far and away the 2nd best though.

  3. #42
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Drunken State
    Posts
    4,094
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 64
    Given: 58

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Boldin would be a good aquisition for the Chiefs. But not in our current state. The only FA additions we should be looking at are DT, DE, and LB. These positions benefit with more experienced and seasoned players than others IMO. We need to fix this defense NOW!!
    SHUT IT

  4. #43
    Member Since
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    5
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    A little insight on the Boldin situation:

    A little before the 2007 season started, Anquan Boldin was promised a new contract and was told it would be first priority. He didn't get that new contract in 2007, but when 2008 rolled around Fitzgerald got his new contract and Dansby was franchise tagged, leaving only $3.5mil left in cap space. Boldin thought he was lied to about getting a new contract and have it be top priority. He was given contract offers but he called them jokes and said he deserved a contract similar to Fitzgerald's, but there simply wasn't enough money. Now the Cardinals have $42mil in cap space (Edge's walking papers aren't filed yet but they will be soon, making it $47mil). He has been offered a new contract, but he has instructed his agent to not look at any new contract and he simply wants out.

    If you ask me, the Front Office is going to want a lot in a trade for Boldin. A Johnson-Boldin trade is out of the question, he lost his value (and my freaking fantasy football games). A Gonzo-Boldin trade wouldn't work either since the TEs are almost never a part of the Cardinals passing game, not to mention Gonzo is near the end of his career, so not much value there. A Bowe-Boldin trade would be a bit more equal, but I highly doubt the Chiefs front office would part with Bowe.

    Also keep in mind that Boldin has absolutely no leverage in the situation. He still has two years left, and the Cardinals are easily the deepest team in the WR position in the league.

  5. #44
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    7,413
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 63
    Given: 66

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    If we all think we need a WR, there will be plenty to chose from in the latter Rd's of the draft, or as undrafted free agents! Nate Swift from Nebraska will be a choice.

  6. #45
    Member Since
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    994
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    I don't see what this has to do with the price of tea in China. Every position has players that are unerpaid and overpaid.



    Wow. When people look at the Chiefs roster now and wonder where the talent went, it's because of attitudes like these.
    It has to do with the price, for sure and you jsut said that every position has under and over paid talent, so that is the exact point. Why OVER pay him? What has he seriously proved to deserve more than 3.5 mil?? Based on the numbers I looked at, from a financial aspect, I think that is a very fair number for an annual salary.

    You are right about people leaving due to salary..I have seen many leave because of it...And many have left other teams as well. The fact of the matter is, Bowe is not a hot commodity to any other NFL team right now for the BIG HUGE bucks based on his production. Other teams are getting 1,000 yards out of their #1's.


    So, JM, what is the big deal with averaging 65 yds per game over 16 games? It is just like the running backs...Everyone gauges them on 1,000 yd seasons and there have been plenty of debates on why that benchmark is STILL so low due to the amount of games played in a season.

    Again, I never said ditch him. Although I will reiterate that I think ALL positions should be paid on performance laiden contracts, at the end of each year. Afterall, that is how the rest of us get paid and attain increases, right?

    Yeah...Go ahead and give Bowe 10mil per year for 5 years and when he facks the rooster over, like many have, then there will be complaints to ditch him.

    For crying out loud...Look at LJ...He had a hell of A great year, cried and publicized his RIGHT to GET PAID, then the facker lays eggs for 2 years in a row...Not to mention his problems off the field.

    If it was YOUR money, what would you do?

  7. #46
    Member Since
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    994
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    I don't see what this has to do with the price of tea in China. Every position has players that are unerpaid and overpaid.



    Wow. When people look at the Chiefs roster now and wonder where the talent went, it's because of attitudes like these.
    Let's look at numbers and see where he falls with some others:

    Here is a list of #2's (for the most part) that went over the 1000 yd mark:

    Greg Jennings (caught 80)
    Wes Welker (caught 111)
    Reggie Wayne
    Vincent Jackson
    TONY GONZALES- Tight end
    Santana Moss
    ANQUAN BOLDIN (12 games caught 89)
    Derrick Mason (He still plays in the league?? LMAO)

    Here are a some other that got just over 1K and just UNDER 1K:

    Lee Evans
    STEVE BREASTON (caught 77)
    DeSean Jackson (caught 62 balls)

    The top 5 WR's averaged 1428 yds in 2008 for and avg of 16 yds per catch. Bowe had 1022 for 11.9 per catch.

    In the top 5 were Calvin Johnson, Andre Johnson, Fitzgerald, Steve Smith and Roddy White. One had a rookie QB, one had a shatty QB and the other had a QB that came off of TJ surgery.

    Add it up and tell me why Bowe deserves to get more than the 1.5mil increase I suggested.


  8. #47
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Jefferson City, Mo
    Posts
    979
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    Outside of Calvin Johnson of course :)

    1300 yards 12 TDs with the likes of Culpepper and Dan Orlovsky throwing to him.

    Bowe is far and away the 2nd best though.

    If you put rookie + this season together for both Bowe and Johnson, Bowe still comes out on top~

    In a fantasy world, a Bowe / Boldin combo would be perfect.

  9. #48
    Member Since
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Waxahachie, TX via Broken Arrow, OK via McLouth, KS
    Posts
    756
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I disagree with going after Peppers and Lewis and such! I would agree with anything "almost" to going after Boldin! I would love to see Bowe and Boldin as a tag team with TG taking care of the rest!

  10. #49
    Member Since
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,915
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by dbolan View Post
    It has to do with the price, for sure and you jsut said that every position has under and over paid talent, so that is the exact point. Why OVER pay him? What has he seriously proved to deserve more than 3.5 mil?? Based on the numbers I looked at, from a financial aspect, I think that is a very fair number for an annual salary.

    You are right about people leaving due to salary..I have seen many leave because of it...And many have left other teams as well. The fact of the matter is, Bowe is not a hot commodity to any other NFL team right now for the BIG HUGE bucks based on his production. Other teams are getting 1,000 yards out of their #1's.


    So, JM, what is the big deal with averaging 65 yds per game over 16 games? It is just like the running backs...Everyone gauges them on 1,000 yd seasons and there have been plenty of debates on why that benchmark is STILL so low due to the amount of games played in a season.

    Again, I never said ditch him. Although I will reiterate that I think ALL positions should be paid on performance laiden contracts, at the end of each year. Afterall, that is how the rest of us get paid and attain increases, right?

    Yeah...Go ahead and give Bowe 10mil per year for 5 years and when he facks the rooster over, like many have, then there will be complaints to ditch him.

    For crying out loud...Look at LJ...He had a hell of A great year, cried and publicized his RIGHT to GET PAID, then the facker lays eggs for 2 years in a row...Not to mention his problems off the field.

    If it was YOUR money, what would you do?
    If it's my money? I keep our stud 24-year-old WR by paying him market value. I don't offer him a 4 year/$14M contract or any such nonsense.

    Bowe's had four QBs (Thigpen, Gray, Huard, and Croyle) over his two years on the job. In 2007, he was stuck playing Herm-ball with Mike Solari. None of those are exactly NFL MVPs. And yet he ekes out 1,000 yards a year.

    Something that should have become blindingly obvious to people, but apparently has not, over the Herm/CP era is that good players are not easy to replace with rookie draft picks. You can't replace Kawika Mitchell or Nap Harris with Pat Thomas. You can't replace Jared Allen with Glenn Dorsey. You can't replace Jimmy Wilkerson with Turk McBride. You can't replace Casey Weigmann with Rudy Niswanger. You can't replace Dwayne Bowe with some 6th round draft pick.

    Good franchises don't let good players walk away when they can pay market value to retain them. If we don't pay Bowe, some other team will look at his age, his stats, his QBs, and his toughness, and snap him up. If you don't think that, then you vastly overestimate your knowledge of the NFL.

    And the comparison between LJ and Bowe is asinine. Look at longevity figures for RB v. WR, and figure out why its good to sign one position long term and bad to sign the other.

  11. #50
    Member Since
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,915
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by dbolan View Post
    Let's look at numbers and see where he falls with some others:

    Here is a list of #2's (for the most part) that went over the 1000 yd mark:

    Greg Jennings (caught 80)
    Wes Welker (caught 111)
    Reggie Wayne
    Vincent Jackson
    TONY GONZALES- Tight end
    Santana Moss
    ANQUAN BOLDIN (12 games caught 89)
    Derrick Mason (He still plays in the league?? LMAO)

    Here are a some other that got just over 1K and just UNDER 1K:

    Lee Evans
    STEVE BREASTON (caught 77)
    DeSean Jackson (caught 62 balls)

    The top 5 WR's averaged 1428 yds in 2008 for and avg of 16 yds per catch. Bowe had 1022 for 11.9 per catch.

    In the top 5 were Calvin Johnson, Andre Johnson, Fitzgerald, Steve Smith and Roddy White. One had a rookie QB, one had a shatty QB and the other had a QB that came off of TJ surgery.

    Add it up and tell me why Bowe deserves to get more than the 1.5mil increase I suggested.

    *sigh*

    1. Reggie Wayne, Lee Evans, and Santana Moss were the #1 WRs for their teams, not the #2s.

    2. Fitzgerald, Breaston, and Boldin were in the most pass happy, prolific offense in the league run by a two-time NFL MVP.

    Bowe had a retread, never-was, and 7th round waiver wire QBs (Huard, Croyle, and Thigpen) throwing to him in double coverage 2007 and 2008.

    Dropping young stud players because you won't pay them market value is what bad teams do. You either get this or you don't.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •