Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: boldin wants out of arizona

Default boldin wants out of arizona

boldin says he wants out of arizona for the next year could he be in a kc uniform next season? i personally think we need to build this team from the offense and defensive line first.but i can already hear the bowe boldin rumors coming

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    If it's my money? I keep our stud 24-year-old WR by paying him market value. I don't offer him a 4 year/$14M contract or any such nonsense.

Bowe's had four QBs (Thigpen, Gray, Huard, and Croyle) over his two years on the job. In 2007, he was stuck playing Herm-ball with Mike Solari. None of those are exactly NFL MVPs. And yet he ekes out 1,000 yards a year.

Something that should have become blindingly obvious to people, but apparently has not, over the Herm/CP era is that good players are not easy to replace with rookie draft picks. You can't replace Kawika Mitchell or Nap Harris with Pat Thomas. You can't replace Jared Allen with Glenn Dorsey. You can't replace Jimmy Wilkerson with Turk McBride. You can't replace Casey Weigmann with Rudy Niswanger. You can't replace Dwayne Bowe with some 6th round draft pick.

Good franchises don't let good players walk away when they can pay market value to retain them. If we don't pay Bowe, some other team will look at his age, his stats, his QBs, and his toughness, and snap him up. If you don't think that, then you vastly overestimate your knowledge of the NFL.

And the comparison between LJ and Bowe is asinine. Look at longevity figures for RB v. WR, and figure out why its good to sign one position long term and bad to sign the other.
    What is fair market value for him, then?? How is that calculated?

What teams are looking at him?

Longevity? Yes...he can play longer so he should get less than an RB...I agree with that! LOL!

What do you suggest his salary should be? Man up and put a number on it, then maybe we can come to an agreement or agree to disagree!!

As far as knowledge of the NFL....I have seen MANY get a lot of cash and never succeed past that. I have seen MANY STAR recievers take a pay cut to get a SB ring, alas Owens and Moss and even Fitzgerald offered to restructure to keep Boldin.

Remember, I never said "do not pay him more", I said, don't go crazy with the figure.

Quote Originally Posted by dbolan View Post

Longevity? Yes...he can play longer so he should get less than an RB...I agree with that! LOL!

What do you suggest his salary should be? Man up and put a number on it, then maybe we can come to an agreement or agree to disagree!!

As far as knowledge of the NFL....I have seen MANY get a lot of cash and never succeed past that. I have seen MANY STAR recievers take a pay cut to get a SB ring, alas Owens and Moss and even Fitzgerald offered to restructure to keep Boldin.

Remember, I never said "do not pay him more", I said, don't go crazy with the figure.
    He's not a free agent, so no one is looking at him right now. If he were a FA, very few teams wouldn't be.

Bowe should get a salary equal to Wes Welker's, at least. $35M over 5 years seems a pretty good value.

Owens took a pay cut to win a ring? You sure about that?

A WR can play longer so he should make less?

I just thank goodness that you are not even remotely in charge of this team. I wish you would go GM the Broncos or Chargers, and drive those teams into the ground by replacing their star players with low round draft picks.

Well lets see. He was 9th in the NFL in catches, 17th in yards, and 12th in TDs. So he's roughly the 12th or 13th most productive receiver in the league, right? Forgive my reasoning if it's wrong, but doesn't that mean he should easily be one of the 15 or so highest paid WRs? Numbers are irrelevant right now, it comes down to what that amounts to when he signs an extension.

Let me know if this is flawed reasoning.
    Last edited by yashi; 02-11-2009 at 11:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    Well lets see. He was 9th in the NFL in catches, 17th in yards, and 12th in TDs. So he's roughly the 12th or 13th most productive receiver in the league, right? Forgive my reasoning if it's wrong, but doesn't that mean he should easily be one of the 15 or so highest paid WRs? Numbers are irrelevant right now, it comes down to what that amounts to when he signs an extension.

Let me know if this is flawed reasoning.
    Don't you get it? Becuase Bowe can be a long-term contributor to this team, we should offer him less than half of his market value! And he'll obviosuly resign with us because . . . . . . . ?

But don't worry, if he doesn't resign, we'll plug some 6th round draft pick in there. It worked for the front seven on our defense, right?

Don't you get it? Becuase Bowe can be a long-term contributor to this team, we should offer him less than half of his market value! And he'll obviosuly resign with us because . . . . . . . ?

But don't worry, if he doesn't resign, we'll plug some 6th round draft pick in there. It worked for the front seven on our defense, right?
    Maybe we should fill the whole team with guys who make minimum salaries. We could be the Florida Marlins of the NFL!

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    Maybe we should fill the whole team with guys who make minimum salaries. We could be the Florida Marlins of the NFL!
    Well, don't forget we'd also have the large salary of the number one pick in the draft every year.

He's not a free agent, so no one is looking at him right now. If he were a FA, very few teams wouldn't be.

Bowe should get a salary equal to Wes Welker's, at least. $35M over 5 years seems a pretty good value.

Owens took a pay cut to win a ring? You sure about that?

A WR can play longer so he should make less?

I just thank goodness that you are not even remotely in charge of this team. I wish you would go GM the Broncos or Chargers, and drive those teams into the ground by replacing their star players with low round draft picks.
    Well, it is not a contract year anyways so what's the problem?

Lots of low round draft picks make it very well in the league. Do you think evryone playing is/was a first rounder?

Jeeezz...Either you get it or you don't.

There is NO reason at this time to offer the money. NOW, IF he does even better next year I wuld not have a problem with it.

So, there. Whether you like it or not, it is the way I would handle it and regardless of my preference or yours, it does not matter. They are merely opinions.

I would like to work for you....I'd be a fackin multi-millionaire in 6 months.

Well, it is not a contract year anyways so what's the problem?

Lots of low round draft picks make it very well in the league. Do you think evryone playing is/was a first rounder?

Jeeezz...Either you get it or you don't.

There is NO reason at this time to offer the money. NOW, IF he does even better next year I wuld not have a problem with it.

So, there. Whether you like it or not, it is the way I would handle it and regardless of my preference or yours, it does not matter. They are merely opinions.

I would like to work for you....I'd be a fackin multi-millionaire in 6 months.
    Yeah, a lot of lower round guys work out. 90% don't.

What can I write other than that your attitude was CP's attitude? That getting rid of good players is what landed us at 2-14.

I'd love for you to work for me too. You can sign a 10-year contract for minimum wage. It's worth it to be part of the team!

Yeah, a lot of lower round guys work out. 90% don't.

What can I write other than that your attitude was CP's attitude? That getting rid of good players is what landed us at 2-14.

I'd love for you to work for me too. You can sign a 10-year contract for minimum wage. It's worth it to be part of the team!
    What a stroke. I never said let him go and I see no need to offer 7mil a year for 5 years after a 1000 yd season. Go ahead and GIVE it to him, then IF he has a phenom year in the next couple of years, he will damn sure want OUT or another contract just like Boldin and many others.

Whats with the minimum wage comment? You are on a great tyrade and connot even debate with any reason or compromise.

His base salary for 2008 was about $400K,right? After bonuses, etc, he ended up with 2.1 mil? For Christ's sake dude, I even said to give him 3.5mil a year which would and could be a base salary. WTF is so bad about giving him and additional 3mil in GUARANTEED money?

Great God in Heaven.....

I tell ya...If I could do it, I would love to be able to give the 5 year 35mil contract to him just so I could prove to you that 1 of 2 things would happen:

A) He duds out and has the cash in hand for under performing.

b) He studs out within 3 years after the contract and starts crying for more, or wants traded, etc etc.

I want the team to succeed. I have sat in the facking stands in the cold and the rain when NO ONE was there and I have been there when it was packed and rocking.

There have been a LOT of mistakes and that is WHY we have not been able to get passed the 1rst rd of the play-offs in a hundred freakin years!

I never said let him go and I never said DON'T keep him. When the times comes.....Evaluate it then.

Bowe is not worthy of a high dollar contract resigning. He needs more improvement to live up to his hype or he will end-up being nothing more than a 2 or 3 WR anywhere he goes. Another Sylvester Morris bust.
    No, this is what you wrote.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast