Thread: Yahoo News : Now the Chiefs need to trade Gonzalez, Johnson (SportingNews.com)

Default Yahoo News : Now the Chiefs need to trade Gonzalez, Johnson (SportingNews.com)

Scott Pioli has his coach in Todd Haley. Now the Chiefs must address player personnel improvements, beginning with aging veterans Tony Gonzalez and Larry Johnson.

More...

I'd hate to see TG leave. Even if the Chiefs were offered a 2nd rd'er for TG, I would say no. He brings so many intangibles to this team. Without TG last year, Thigpen would have struggled. How many times did TG bail him out? Countless.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    I'd hate to see TG leave. Even if the Chiefs were offered a 2nd rd'er for TG, I would say no. He brings so many intangibles to this team. Without TG last year, Thigpen would have struggled. How many times did TG bail him out? Countless.
    I agree; on the other hand I almost hate to see LJ stay.

LJ is worth more on this team, than he is off of it. I think you run LJ into the ground this season to shut him up and create some value. Then deal him next off-season.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    LJ is worth more on this team, than he is off of it. I think you run LJ into the ground this season to shut him up and create some value. Then deal him next off-season.
    Agreed, that is the smart thing to do; I just can't stand the guy.