Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: After Gonzo.....

Default After Gonzo.....

Ok, I like Cottam but if TG leaves I don't see Cottam being our #1. I would like to get a FA but if we could draft one for our new offense I would take a chance on Beckham from Wisconson. He played like a WR but the size of a TE. He was hurt this year but I would take a chance on him. IMO...Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    In case TG goes bye bye I guess. I was thinking that Heap was a decent TE.
    I'd prefer Cottam over Heap. Maybe I've got a sour taste in my mouth about Heap because he has screwed me two years in a row in fantasy football. That guy always seems to be hurt and has done nothing the last few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    I'd prefer Cottam over Heap. Maybe I've got a sour taste in my mouth about Heap because he has screwed me two years in a row in fantasy football. That guy always seems to be hurt and has done nothing the last few years.
    True, but sometimes all a player needs is another place to play.

Not the best forum to make that comment....considering TG's status. I think he'll be back but you never can tell. He really is the heart and soul of the offense and it would be weird to see him in anything but a chiefs uniform.

Quote Originally Posted by NWA Chief View Post
    He really is the heart and soul of the offense and it would be weird to see him in anything but a chiefs uniform.
    He is the heart and soul of this franchise.

The last thing I want to see is TG playing for someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by KansasCityChris View Post
    My God I am gonna throw up, I was just watching NFL Network and they keep saying we should give them TG for Matt Cassell. NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! They need to back off on that right now! It would be wrong and a total rip off to us for that trade , I can't even think about it calmly.
    Turn off the TV and take two asperine.

I love TG, But you are a Chief, or you are not! I think that Cottom has the potiental to be a great TE, for the Chiefs!

LOL Coach I'm with you on Heap.... I swore I would never draft him again HEHE

Anyways,
    I think Cottam is gonna be a BEAST. As long as he can stay healthy (unlike college) he will be MORE then enough to take over for TG.

I mean look Cottam is Bigger and Faster then Tony!!! And he shows great ability at his young age.

I think Cottam can be pretty good. He caught some impressive passes when we first went to the spread and he was split out at WR. We stopped using him after one or two games.

We hardly ever ran double tight formations, so I cannot comment on his blocking. I think he will be fine for us when he gets his chance.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    I think Cottam can be pretty good. He caught some impressive passes when we first went to the spread and he was split out at WR. We stopped using him after one or two games.

We hardly ever ran double tight formations, so I cannot comment on his blocking. I think he will be fine for us when he gets his chance.
    Did he get hurt? He had a tendency to get hurt in college and that was the knock on him for the draft.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast