Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: After Gonzo.....

Default After Gonzo.....

Ok, I like Cottam but if TG leaves I don't see Cottam being our #1. I would like to get a FA but if we could draft one for our new offense I would take a chance on Beckham from Wisconson. He played like a WR but the size of a TE. He was hurt this year but I would take a chance on him. IMO...Any thoughts?

I think Cottam has skills. He just didn't get many balls thrown his way this year because TG is still in the fold.

I think he does too but I'm just wondering if Tony will stay this year. He hasn't said anything yet about Haley and he definitely wants Thigpen which is yet to be determined by Pioli and Haley if he's the answer for us. If he was gone I would draft another TE but I REALLY hope he is convinced we can contend so he doesnt ask for another trade.

Here is a thought, do we need a TE to catch the ball or block?

Quote Originally Posted by NWA Chief View Post
    I think he does too but I'm just wondering if Tony will stay this year. He hasn't said anything yet about Haley and he definitely wants Thigpen which is yet to be determined by Pioli and Haley if he's the answer for us. If he was gone I would draft another TE but I REALLY hope he is convinced we can contend so he doesnt ask for another trade.
    TG can request a trade but there is very little chance that he will pick the team that ends up winning the SuperBowl. There is just too much parity in this league. I don't think he would have picked Arizona last year. I don't think he would have picked Pittsburgh either.

If they are going to draft a TE, then they need Chase Coffman. Tho I am not sure on his blocking, but he is probably one of the best in this years draft.

I wonder how many years are left on Todd Heap's current contract?

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    I wonder how many years are left on Todd Heap's current contract?
    Why?

Ok, I like Cottam but if TG leaves I don't see Cottam being our #1. I would like to get a FA but if we could draft one for our new offense I would take a chance on Beckham from Wisconson. He played like a WR but the size of a TE. He was hurt this year but I would take a chance on him. IMO...Any thoughts?
    Yeah, Gonzales isn't leaving. I think he has to be pretty excited to see an explosive offense coming his way again. He's frustrated, no doubt. I think once he's been able to digest everything and thinks it through, he's not going to leave.

Jamaal Charles. University of Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Why?
    In case TG goes bye bye I guess. I was thinking that Heap was a decent TE.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast