Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TG at the Pro Bowl

Default TG at the Pro Bowl

TG gave a quick interview at the end of the Pro Bowl. He basically said some of the things he said earlier this week was out of context. He wants to stay on the Chiefs, but he wants to see that we are making some efforts in FA/trades to show that we expect to be competitive in the next week or two.

Speaking of Tony, he looked great yesterday. Hard to believe he's nearing the end of his career.

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    Thats what I thought, the freaking media makes it sound like he wants nothing to do with the Chiefs.

I guarantee they will be attempting quite a bit with free agency. 32 Million cap, they can afford 5 or 6 free agents.
    Hold on a second...TG did say that he did not want to be around a college coach and he did say he wanted to be where he had a much better chance to go to a SB.

THAT pretty much says, "I don't wanna be here, if you don't do what I want you to do."

Now, all of the sudden it is the media's fault because he said what he meant. Now that we got Haley (and he knew it before we did), his tone has changed.

Sorry....I just have a hard time saying all is well after the things he DID say.

Quote Originally Posted by windwalker View Post
    I thought it was strange that the QB's seemed to 'lock on' Tony.. hmmmm where have we heard that before???
    I was waiting for the Tony G to Indy talk!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by dbolan View Post
    Hold on a second...TG did say that he did not want to be around a college coach and he did say he wanted to be where he had a much better chance to go to a SB.

THAT pretty much says, "I don't wanna be here, if you don't do what I want you to do."

Now, all of the sudden it is the media's fault because he said what he meant. Now that we got Haley (and he knew it before we did), his tone has changed.

Sorry....I just have a hard time saying all is well after the things he DID say.
    Haley is a college coach. Haley has had experience in the SB. Some of the things said where taken in a different way. The media changed how his attitude sound. And they also probably key details.

Bottom line, the Chiefs better make HUGE changes or kiss Tony goodbye. He's one of my favorite players and I don't blame the guy. He's accomplished more than he ever imagined in the NFL except one thing, getting a ring. I just like the fact that he's a TRUE NFL player is about wanting to win a Super Bowl and not in it for the money.

So if he leaves KC, best of luck to him and I hope he gets a ring where ever he ends up cuz he deserves it.
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

Haley is not a college coach~

He started in the NFL after being a golf coach. His dad has an NFL front office pedigree~

I think TG by saying what he said before the hiring was hinting that he wanted Haley over Ferentz

Quote Originally Posted by hometeam View Post
    Haley is not a college coach~

He started in the NFL after being a golf coach. His dad has an NFL front office pedigree~

I think TG by saying what he said before the hiring was hinting that he wanted Haley over Ferentz
    Uh, yea, my bad...that was a typo, I meant to put isn't

:owws:
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12