Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: LJ Can Now Be Cut Without Penalty

Default LJ Can Now Be Cut Without Penalty

Burress gets bonus; Johnson's pay not guaranteed - Kansas City Star

Receiver Plaxico Burress can keep his $1 million bonus, but the Chiefs aren't obligated to pay running back Larry Johnson his guaranteed salary and bonuses over the next two seasons.

That was the ruling NFL Players Association general counsel Richard Berthelsen said Special Master Stephen Burbank issued Monday after the union's grievance hearing last week.

Burbank ruled bonus money already earned cannot be forfeited by a player, meaning the Giants cannot dock Burress $1 million he earned as part of a new contract he signed in August, Berthelsen said.

As for Johnson, Burbank ruled that if the Chiefs cut him, they do not have to pay him a $3.5 million guaranteed salary next season because he breached his contract after being suspended last season, Berthelsen said.
    Honestly, I have no problem now keeping LJ knowing that we can cut him at any time if he acts up. This may even cause him to stay out of trouble since he knows that he won't get that kind of money elsewhere at his age. From what I've seen from Poili, however, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if LJ is released in the next few days.

Default Chiefs win ruling, DO NOT have to pay LJ 3.5 mil in guarantees

Posted 5 minutes ago
    1 Comment 0 Recommendations E-mail

nfl.news.SetArticleTime($('article-time'));
    Burress allowed to keep bonus; Chiefs RB Johnson's pay not guaranteed

Associated Press

Former Giants wide receiver Plaxico Burress can keep his $1 million bonus, but the Chiefs aren't obligated to pay running back Larry Johnson his guaranteed salary and bonuses over the next two seasons.
    More Burress details
    It's time to go Around the Web to learn more about the details surrounding Plaxico Burress' bonus. It was ruled Burress can keep $1 million after a union grievance hearing last week. More ...

That was the ruling NFL Players Association general counsel Richard Berthelsen said Special Master Stephen Burbank issued Monday after the union's grievance hearing last week.
    Burbank ruled that bonus money already earned can't be forfeited by a player, meaning the Giants can't dock Burress the $1 million he earned as part of a new contract he signed in August, Berthelsen said.
    As for Johnson, Burbank ruled that if the Chiefs cut him, they do not have to pay him a $3.5 million guaranteed salary next season because he breached his contract after being suspended last season, Berthelsen said.
    Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

WOW. Sorry Yashi I think that we just posted at the EXACT same time. I checked to make sure nobody had this story first and then blink, here you are with the exact same post time!

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

looks like I beat you by just 1 minute.

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    Burress gets bonus; Johnson's pay not guaranteed - Kansas City Star

Honestly, I have no problem now keeping LJ knowing that we can cut him at any time if he acts up. This may even cause him to stay out of trouble since he knows that he won't get that kind of money elsewhere at his age. From what I've seen from Poili, however, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if LJ is released in the next few days.
    I have no problem keeping him now that he must prove himself, if he can clean up his act and play with something to prove, he can be great. Its it is up to him, it always has been.

If we keep him, that big ole chip on the shoulder, I need to prove myself attitude may come back, and that is when he preforms on the field. Lets just hope he proves him self off the field also, and gets his life together.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy Tek View Post
    WOW. Sorry Yashi I think that we just posted at the EXACT same time. I checked to make sure nobody had this story first and then blink, here you are with the exact same post time!
    You and Coach, now there's three..

Who else do we have that can run the ball? I did not see anything last year that gave me a lot of confidence.

Of course we might just need someone to block for a runner whoever it is.

Quote Originally Posted by billb40 View Post
    Who else do we have that can run the ball? I did not see anything last year that gave me a lot of confidence.

Of course we might just need someone to block for a runner whoever it is.
    i read the same article on nfl.com and had to run here to put my two cents in..drum roll.....CUT HIM!

we don't need any "distractions" with the new leadership, last thing we need is "spits" johnson running around causing trouble. his issues aren't isolated, so how can we assume they won't crop up again. he's playing nice to get is 3.5 bonus due next year, once he gets it, the spits gonna fly.

who do we get to run the ball?? Charles and whoever else. either a draft pick or late pickup.

we saved 3.5 mil, show LJ the door and lets get on with the fresh start Haley want's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast