Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A legitimate free-agent: Jordan Gross

Default A legitimate free-agent: Jordan Gross

Jordan Gross, in my opinion, would be a HUGE pickup for this team if we were able to get him this offseason(regarding whether they franchise him or Julius Peppers is up for debate right now). Yes, I have heard that the Panthers are going to pursue resigning the free agent LT, but that's not set in stone just yet. He's 29, and I think he could fit in great with this team. He's got experience, and he seems to be the premier tackle of this years free agent class. Go for him Pioli, we have plenty of cap and a tackle is a dire necessity for this team at this point.
    2009 Chiefs - The start of a dynasty.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro_Angler View Post
    I would love for the chiefs to pick up some of our needed spots outa free agency, and draft crabtree at 33 and stick it to seattle.. Crabtree/bowe/thigpen/gonzo yupperss +SB
    Disagree. Defense wins championships. Crabtree would be considered a luxury pick considering the holes we need to fill...
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by HokieChief 09 View Post
    Yes it does. Why the hell not? We have the cap, we desperately need to hardware on that line, how does it not make sense?? He's a beast, any team would die to have a legit tackle like him. I don't know what Chiefs team you were watching last year, but nobody on our current Offensive Line's job should be secure.
    I want Alberts old teammate Monroe. We have glaring needs on D and would rather spend our cap there...
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    Disagree. Defense wins championships. Crabtree would be considered a luxury pick considering the holes we need to fill...
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

I read in another post that getting crabtree would be like putting lipstick on a pig.:character00264:

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefsFanFromNY View Post
    Because you don't pay RT's the kind of money that Gross is going to demand, unless you have a left-handed QB. He's going to be one of the highest, if not the highest paid offensive lineman with his new contract. He will demand LT money. If we didn't have Albert at LT, and he was available then yeah I would be for it. But just because we have cap room does not mean that we should grossly overpay players.

We obviously need help on the right side of our line, but to invest 20-30 million of dollars of guaranteed money for one player in a position that isn't LT or protecting the blindside of the QB is insane.
    Fine. Make Gross the LT and make Albert play RT. Does that fix the problem? If Gross is available, then the Chiefs have to grab him. Let's not forget that McIntosh let so many sacks by that I would not care what kind of money the Chiefs pay for a RT, so whether it is Gross or Albert playing RT, the Chiefs need an upgrade. And it is not uncommon these days to have two tackles from the first round. The Chiefs need to upgrade the O-line badly. So if that cost a lot of money, I think it's worth it especially if it means protecting the QB who is going to be our biggest investment.

How many sacks did McIntosh let by?

I dont see Carolina letting Gross go, if they do, the chiefs wont be the only team thinking about him.

if we can get gross, we can move albert to RT or RG, where he is better suited anyway, put gross at LT , keep rudy at C and we should have the makings for a pretty good line w/only one weak link.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    if we can get gross, we can move albert to RT or RG, where he is better suited anyway, put gross at LT , keep rudy at C and we should have the makings for a pretty good line w/only one weak link.
    Yeah. Or grab Monroe with 3rd pick instead of Gross. I think Gross gets franchised.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by theaxeeffect4311 View Post
    Fine. Make Gross the LT and make Albert play RT. Does that fix the problem? If Gross is available, then the Chiefs have to grab him. Let's not forget that McIntosh let so many sacks by that I would not care what kind of money the Chiefs pay for a RT, so whether it is Gross or Albert playing RT, the Chiefs need an upgrade. And it is not uncommon these days to have two tackles from the first round. The Chiefs need to upgrade the O-line badly. So if that cost a lot of money, I think it's worth it especially if it means protecting the QB who is going to be our biggest investment.
    Fair enough. I just don't think moving Albert is needed. He was probably the second best rookie tackle this year behind Clady. He proved this year he can be a franchise LT. We desperately need help on the right side, but I think we can find that through the draft in rounds 2-4 and free agency. Not signing Gross who will be paid a HUGE contract. Overpaying a right tackle just does not make sense when we have so many other needs on this football team.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast