Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A legitimate free-agent: Jordan Gross

Default A legitimate free-agent: Jordan Gross

Jordan Gross, in my opinion, would be a HUGE pickup for this team if we were able to get him this offseason(regarding whether they franchise him or Julius Peppers is up for debate right now). Yes, I have heard that the Panthers are going to pursue resigning the free agent LT, but that's not set in stone just yet. He's 29, and I think he could fit in great with this team. He's got experience, and he seems to be the premier tackle of this years free agent class. Go for him Pioli, we have plenty of cap and a tackle is a dire necessity for this team at this point.
    2009 Chiefs - The start of a dynasty.

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefsFanFromNY View Post
    Fair enough. I just don't think moving Albert is needed. He was probably the second best rookie tackle this year behind Clady. He proved this year he can be a franchise LT. We desperately need help on the right side, but I think we can find that through the draft in rounds 2-4 and free agency. Not signing Gross who will be paid a HUGE contract. Overpaying a right tackle just does not make sense when we have so many other needs on this football team.
    I disagree that Albert proved he can be a franchise LT.

He proved that he can be a franchise LT in a spread offense. Quarterbacks naturally get sacked less when they're constantly in a shotgun, not to mention when they can scramble as well as Tyler Thigpen. But watching Albert before the Jets game I wasn't at all sold on him as our LT of the future. Maybe it was rust from missing training camp, or maybe it wasn't, who knows. All I know is that Jordan Gross is a pro bowl LT in an NFL offense, and I still strongly feel that Albert is a pro bowl G or an average to good NFL LT, take your pick.

Overspending on your offensive line is a good thing, in my opinion. It helps keep teams from wasting valuable money on positions like RB.

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    I disagree that Albert proved he can be a franchise LT.

He proved that he can be a franchise LT in a spread offense. Quarterbacks naturally get sacked less when they're constantly in a shotgun, not to mention when they can scramble as well as Tyler Thigpen. But watching Albert before the Jets game I wasn't at all sold on him as our LT of the future. Maybe it was rust from missing training camp, or maybe it wasn't, who knows. All I know is that Jordan Gross is a pro bowl LT in an NFL offense, and I still strongly feel that Albert is a pro bowl G or an average to good NFL LT, take your pick.

Overspending on your offensive line is a good thing, in my opinion. It helps keep teams from wasting valuable money on positions like RB.
    Excellent point!!!
    But bear in mind Pioli aint Peterson. No more huge contracts for washed up RB's!
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    Excellent point!!!
    But bear in mind Pioli aint Peterson. No more huge contracts for washed up RB's!
    But Pioli does put emphasis on linemen. I see him improving the O-line through the draft and the D-line through free agency (because there are little to none FA O-linemen worth grabbing). If we improve those two areas, the rest of the team will look better. If Gross does become a FA, which at this point it looks like he'll be hit with the franchise tag, the Chiefs have to make a run for him. Albert was drafted for his versatility on the line, so they can move him while using Gross to protect the blindside. Big contracts are not a bad thing if they are spend on the right players. Gross has been consistently good over the years and would be a great addition to the Chiefs.

ON the topic of Gross I belive Carolina is gonna put the franchise tag on him and release JP. Gross could of been a staple on the rightside of the line but I doubt he'll be avalible seeing as how the Franchise tag for him is something like only ~9 million.

Quote Originally Posted by DT14PRIEST View Post
    ON the topic of Gross I belive Carolina is gonna put the franchise tag on him and release JP. Gross could of been a staple on the rightside of the line but I doubt he'll be avalible seeing as how the Franchise tag for him is something like only ~9 million.
    Anyone know who is getting the franchise tag in Carolina yet?
    Either would be a good pick up, but I would rather have Peppers.
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?u=2574&type=sigpic&dateline=1233413652

Quote Originally Posted by theaxeeffect4311 View Post
    But Pioli does put emphasis on linemen. I see him improving the O-line through the draft and the D-line through free agency
    That would work!

Quote Originally Posted by theaxeeffect4311 View Post
    If we improve those two areas, the rest of the team will look better...
    EXACTLY!

I'd love it. I guess I don't understand the reason why it's a big deal if he's a RT. It's a bad thing to have a good RT? only the left side of the line is important?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123