Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Why is everyone writing Dorsey off ?

Default Why is everyone writing Dorsey off ?

I dont understand why people are writing Dorsey and Tank out Tank is a strong beast and showed great improvement last year and Dorsey was a rookie who was used to dominating and had to hit a brick wall BUT if the cheifs can get someone to rush on the outside i can promise you that Tank and Dorsey will begin to show why Dorsey was a first rounder and talked as the best player in last years draft. I have always believed in Tank and I also think McBride will become a decent player. Dont get me wrong I am not saying that any of these players are going to become legends BUT i do think that these three can be decent players they just need a BEAST on the outside to rush. Just my opinion but don't give up on these kids yet.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    I don't fault Dorsey or Tank for not getting more sacks. I do fault them for being an absolute sieve against the run.
    This is where I have strong feelings that coaching is to blame. Dorsey was consistently told to "read and react". Like you said, he's not a run stuffer. He needs to be making quick moves off the line to get into the gaps. His advantage over a G is his quickness, so if he can't use it then he's basically useless.

Same thing against the run, basically. If he's heads up with a G every play, he's going to get pushed backwards. If he's able to jump through the gap, he can get some tackles for a loss.

Well, I was just pissed at the fact that it looked like Dorsey might be another Ryan Sims. Looking back, I have seen you can't base your thoughts when you have Herm and Gunther in command.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

The entire front 7 needs to be re-evaluated.
    This defense was the laughing stock of the league.
    Turk, Thomas, Boone, Edwards need to go now.
    Hali and Dorsey need to vastly improve this year or go.
    DJ should be getting more than 2 sacks a year by now.
    Babin and Boiman?
    Its really hard to argue the fact that we fielded the leagues 31st ranked defense. Nobodys job should be safe.
    SHUT IT

This is why I hope to friggin god we go to a 3-4(or even 2-5 or a 2-4 like what the Steelers do). With all the different schemes you can do on which LB (or DB) you want do rush, Dorsey will have a hayday.

Dorsey isnt an earthmover type of guy like Haynesworth or Jenkins. Some say hes not even over 6'. But he can move fast and is agressive.

Tank to me is good, but a backup. He takes up space and does not get pushed back.

And McBride as far as Im concerned is our best DT as of now. I dont know why anybody would want him gone. Our Hole LB core is dissappointing as far as im concerned. Even Johnson isnt impressing me.

All in all, Im not sure if Haynes or a Jenkins could do anything with the blain vanilla D Hermaroid ran..but then again (even tho it was DE) Allen tore it up here.

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    The entire front 7 needs to be re-evaluated.
    This defense was the laughing stock of the league.
    Turk, Thomas, Boone, Edwards need to go now.
    Hali and Dorsey need to vastly improve this year or go.
    DJ should be getting more than 2 sacks a year by now.
    Babin and Boiman?
    Its really hard to argue the fact that we fielded the leagues 31st ranked defense. Nobodys job should be safe.
    I agree with with everything cept Turk.

And I think Babin can really contribute next year.

I wouldnt be surprise if Hali lost his starting pos. to Babin.

I personally dont have any worries about dorsey untill his third year is done. if he hasnt got it by then, then he wont. tank will be fine as well IMO.

I don't see why we don't use DJ in the same format we used DT. He is lightning quick and could cause some havoc off the edge. That would shore up some of the woes on d-line and then pick up some quality LB's this offseason.

I agree that much of our defensive ineffectiveness came from a substandard defensive scheme and coaching.

Quote Originally Posted by stevo1020 View Post
    I don't see why we don't use DJ in the same format we used DT. He is lightning quick and could cause some havoc off the edge. That would shore up some of the woes on d-line and then pick up some quality LB's this offseason.
    Exactly, Shotty ran the 3-4. Which is another reason why i wish wed use it.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    Very true about a DT needing time to develop. My point wasn't ever whether Dorsey or Tank will do well 2009+. My point was that they did lousy in 2008. That we're going to need improvement at the DT spot before we ever can boast a decent DL.

I can't believe that's a controversial position.
    We don't need improvement there. We are fine at DT. DE and LB is all we need on Defense then we are fine. You want to make too many radical changes at the DT spot when the personnel we have there are fine. Maybe take Ziggy Hood in the later rounds to finish it up but its not as big a deal as your making it sound.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast