Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: suggs does not & probably will not leave ravens

Default suggs does not & probably will not leave ravens

Suggs aims to stay in Baltimore
    Posted: News | NFL.com Staff | Tags: Baltimore Ravens, Terrell Suggs
    new nfl.widgets.VideoPlayer({ contentId: "09000d5d80eb314b", related: "home", adSetting: "1", playerName: "blog_embedded", size: "inline", uniqid: "09000d5d80eb314b"})

The Baltimore Ravens have plenty of offseason questions to answer, none more important than at linebacker, where three stars — Terrell Suggs, Ray Lewis and Bart Scott — are due to become free agents this offseason.
    Suggs, who visited the NFL Network on Wednesday, was designated the Ravens’ franchise player last offseason, earning a one-year tender amount of $8.065 million. The two sides were unable to reach a long-term agreement, leaving Suggs in a similar position this offseason. The Ravens, who have publically said they will not use the franchise tag on Lewis, have until Feb. 19 to designate a franchise player.
    Suggs, a first-round pick of the Ravens in 2003 who recently played in his third Pro Bowl, could potentially become a free agent when the period starts on Feb. 27.
    “I really have faith in the Ravens and in my agent that we’ll get something done,” Suggs told Fran Charles and Rod Woodson. ”I know we’ll get something done. I showed them just by the things that I did last year that I really love the city of Baltimore. I love the people there … I’m hopeful.”
    When asked about joining former defensive coordinator Rex Ryan — hired as the Jets’ head coach during January — in New York, Suggs didn’t discount the idea. He said it would be an “honor” to play for Ryan again. He also made it clear where his first choice is.
    “I’ve always said it from the jump,” Suggs said. “Baltimore has first dibs
    bad news for chiefs fans

Could of told you that without an article. None of the Ravens will probably leave that team, especially the defensive players.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    Could of told you that without an article. None of the Ravens will probably leave that team, especially the defensive players.
    Ray Lewis said he would leave and would play for another team, not that the Ravens won't try hard as hell to sign him.

Quote Originally Posted by DT14PRIEST View Post
    Ray Lewis said he would leave and would play for another team, not that the Ravens won't try hard as hell to sign him.
    What? :| He said he would like to return to the Ravens. They might tag him and make it hard for a team to pick him up without a hefty contract.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

I think they are gonna tag him~

What? :| He said he would like to return to the Ravens. They might tag him and make it hard for a team to pick him up without a hefty contract.
    Not saying that he doesnt want to play for the Ravens, just a report I heard from ESPN from Ray himself saying that he would play for a different team if the money was right (this was all in reference to Suggs suggestion of the Baltimore trio taking a home team pay cut).

But I doubt Baltimore wouldn't come up with the money to sign him even if it did cost them the ability to sign Bart Scott or Suggs.

Look for at least one of their 3 LBs to sign a huge contract somewhere else and I wouldnt be suprised if its Lewis.

Football is like life - it requires perseverance, self-denial, hard work, sacrifice, dedication and respect for authority.
    Vince Lombardi

My money is on scott going somewhere else

so you are saying they are going to keep all three lb's in this free agency what else can you tell me for the future darth lol

Quote Originally Posted by slc chief View Post
    so you are saying they are going to keep all three lb's in this free agency what else can you tell me for the future darth lol
    What?

What I mean is the top free agents wont go any, especially defensive players. Backups are a different story tho.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast