Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pass to score, run to win.

Default Pass to score, run to win.

So my friend told me this little motto I guess is what you would call it, and I think it is very true.

I believe the Chiefs shouldn't abandon the run no matter who is the back. In some of the games that we were ahead in pass plays were being called. Had they called running plays they would of atleast burned time off the clock, and threw less INT's.

What do you think of the motto?
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by Pro_Angler View Post
    here is the thing to this scenerio you present. If your defense sucks then you cannot "run to win". i don't care if we are up 2 td's it's not ever enough as we found out several times this year.
    Your thinking to deep man. Pass the ball to score when you are down, but when you are ahead you keep the ball on the ground.

It has nothing to do with defense.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by Pro_Angler View Post
    here is the thing to this scenerio you present. If your defense sucks then you cannot "run to win". i don't care if we are up 2 td's it's not ever enough as we found out several times this year.
    that is because we did not run!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    I have a Honda Civic.
    THIS IS AN 82 HONDA... HOW DARE YOU!!

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    So my friend told me this little motto I guess is what you would call it, and I think it is very true.

I believe the Chiefs shouldn't abandon the run no matter who is the back. In some of the games that we were ahead in pass plays were being called. Had they called running plays they would of atleast burned time off the clock, and threw less INT's.

What do you think of the motto?
    Wow. Do you really think that Herm Edwards ( the most conservative, boring coach in football) would not want to run the ball to finish out games? Dude, this is football 101. WE COULD NOT RUN THE BALL BEHIND THAT JOKE OF AN O-LINE. Thats why ended up in the spread formation to begin with. We lost the Jets game because we TRIED to run the ball in the 4th quarter 3 times in a row. We gained 8 yards and punted. Brett Favre threw the winning touchdown inside the last minute and we lost. Running was not an option last year. Thier was not ONE SINGLE game lost because we passed when we should have run. You can argue the exact opposite.

Your friends quote is a very valid one, unfortunatly it has no bearing on anything that happened last year with the Chiefs. At all. Period.

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy Tek View Post
    Wow. Do you really think that Herm Edwards ( the most conservative, boring coach in football) would not want to run the ball to finish out games? Dude, this is football 101. WE COULD NOT RUN THE BALL BEHIND THAT JOKE OF AN O-LINE. Thats why ended up in the spread formation to begin with. We lost the Jets game because we TRIED to run the ball in the 4th quarter 3 times in a row. We gained 8 yards and punted. Brett Favre threw the winning touchdown inside the last minute and we lost. Running was not an option last year. Thier was not ONE SINGLE game lost because we passed when we should have run. You can argue the exact opposite.

Your friends quote is a very valid one, unfortunatly it has no bearing on anything that happened last year with the Chiefs. At all. Period.
    well said

You also have to outscore the other team to win. That doesn't mean you have to have a shootout, but you do have to control the line of scrimage. If you can't do that then you aren't going to run the clock down anyway because you're not going to move the chains.

MY GOD, you guys are taking this out of context. Theoretically, this is for every team, and in theory, your not behind and you don't have the worlds worst defense.

This is not about the "Herm Edwards Chiefs", this is about a team that is good, like Indy or Pittsburgh, or NE, LIKE THE CHIEFS WILL BE IN A FEW YEARS.

Meh...

I like a passing offense. But there is no doubt that you need to be able to run, in certain situations.

If you can't run the ball, you wind-up being The Cardinals.

A bad team.

Just because their division sucked historically, and they managed to get a couple of wins at the right time, doesn't mean that they are a good team.

The NFC West was outscored by 373 points, with The Cards being the only team to outscore opponents. They scored 1 point more.

And they were lucky enough to have gotten to play six of their games against those other crappy NFC West teams.

I do feel like you need to be able to run the ball. But not so much in your motto.

You have to run to be able to pass but a good running game is not essential to a being a great team! Look at the SuperBowl champ Steelers. Willie is an ok back at best... They had a great defense, a decent QB and a great O line!!

Having a good RB takes some pressure off of the QB...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast