Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pass to score, run to win.

Default Pass to score, run to win.

So my friend told me this little motto I guess is what you would call it, and I think it is very true.

I believe the Chiefs shouldn't abandon the run no matter who is the back. In some of the games that we were ahead in pass plays were being called. Had they called running plays they would of atleast burned time off the clock, and threw less INT's.

What do you think of the motto?
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by Chief4Ever&Ever View Post
    You have to run to be able to pass but a good running game is not essential to a being a great team! Look at the SuperBowl champ Steelers. Willie is an ok back at best... They had a great defense, a decent QB and a great O line!!

Having a good RB takes some pressure off of the QB...

Anyway its true. The run sets EVERYTHING up. Look at our offense at the end of the season. We were more balanced than Herm's run heavy offense. You can not win with just the run.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Meh...

I like a passing offense. But there is no doubt that you need to be able to run, in certain situations.

If you can't run the ball, you wind-up being The Cardinals.

A bad team.

Just because their division sucked historically, and they managed to get a couple of wins at the right time, doesn't mean that they are a good team.

The NFC West was outscored by 373 points, with The Cards being the only team to outscore opponents. They scored 1 point more.

And they were lucky enough to have gotten to play six of their games against those other crappy NFC West teams.

I do feel like you need to be able to run the ball. But not so much in your motto.
    They came 1 defensive stop from winning the Super Bowl, yet they're a bad team?

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Meh...

I like a passing offense. But there is no doubt that you need to be able to run, in certain situations.

If you can't run the ball, you wind-up being The Cardinals.

A bad team.

Just because their division sucked historically, and they managed to get a couple of wins at the right time, doesn't mean that they are a good team.

The NFC West was outscored by 373 points, with The Cards being the only team to outscore opponents. They scored 1 point more.

And they were lucky enough to have gotten to play six of their games against those other crappy NFC West teams.

I do feel like you need to be able to run the ball. But not so much in your motto.
    The Cardinals just didn't know when to run and throw in the Super Bowl. They kept doing both in the wrong situation. Eventually they ditched it and what do you know, they lost.

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    I agree, it doesnt make them a bad team, but they could have been better. Obviously if they would of been 2 plays better they could have won.

Bottom line is the Chiefs need to get an O-line back so they can run.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Yea run the ball punt..they score...run the ball punt...they score we lose..as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro_Angler View Post
    Yea run the ball punt..they score...run the ball punt...they score we lose..as usual.
    again, its taken out of context. this isnt run run pass punt. :|

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    Your thinking to deep man. Pass the ball to score when you are down, but when you are ahead you keep the ball on the ground.

It has nothing to do with defense.
    It has everything to do with defense. You get a score or two ahead and the conventional wisdom is you run the ball. Provided the defense does not give up two huge plays where you end being tied, or down again. Now all that time you ran off the clock comes back to haunt you since you do not have enough time to score.

Point is you have to have a well rounded team to win. When you have that, then having a good running attack will help you win games. A good running attack alone will not get it done.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by Chief4Ever&Ever View Post
    You have to run to be able to pass but a good running game is not essential to a being a great team! Look at the SuperBowl champ Steelers. Willie is an ok back at best... They had a great defense, a decent QB and a great O line!!

Having a good RB takes some pressure off of the QB...
    The Steelers were ranked two spots ahead of us in total offense(22nd&24th) they did not have a great o-line. They had a big QB who could make things happen even if he was sacked 46 times(2nd most behind Cassell with 47) this year. The Steelers D won a few for them this last year.

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    Yes. Aside from four good playoff games, they did squat.

They just happened to play well, once they were GIVEN a playoff spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro_Angler View Post
    That would be being unable to run the ball. If you can run the ball and move the chains, then you can be considered to be successfully running the ball. Therefore, it is run, run, run, punt.

I like the motto, but I like mine better. "If it burns when you p!ss, pray it's not syph.
    "If you need braggin' on, let someone else do it"-my dad

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast