Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kipers Latest..........

Default Kipers Latest..........

At this point he has the Chiefs taking Mark Sanchez at #3. A lot of the names mentioned on this board he doesn't have going until about #10 and up. Not that this means jack I just thought I would post his latest mock up.

You dont want to take a QB but you want to take a WR number 1? Just b/c the Rams dont take the best QB available at their spot doesnt mean he isnt any good. They have many needs and still have Marc Bulger. Everyone on here has to atleast partially agree that not drafting a first round QB in the last 20 years has hurt us. Was the last first round QB Todd Blackledge?

Personally I don't want to take a QB in round 1 because that position was one of few strengths last season, and there are many positions where much more of an upgrade is possible. With that said I wouldn't mind drafting someone like Bomar in a later round if we don't get a decent free agent.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLateGreat#58Fan View Post
    You dont want to take a QB but you want to take a WR number 1? Just b/c the Rams dont take the best QB available at their spot doesnt mean he isnt any good. They have many needs and still have Marc Bulger. Everyone on here has to atleast partially agree that not drafting a first round QB in the last 20 years has hurt us. Was the last first round QB Todd Blackledge?
    The last QB drafted (in any round) by the Chiefs to win a game for us was Blackledge.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLateGreat#58Fan View Post
    We haven't had a first round QB in 20 years, but we've had guys like Gannon, Green, Grbac, DeBerg, and Montana come through here. Under Vermeil it wasn't quarterback issues that set us back... Our last first round QB was part of the terrible 80's yet we witness the best Chiefs decade since the 60's without one. That hurt us real bad.

and btw, the Rams can afford to skip out on a QB because they still have Bulger, but we have to draft one because we're stuck with Thigs? lol?

I would figure that you would have to consider that Green was our 1st round draft pick, because we traded for him with our 1st round. And i feel he didnt disappoint. Only Manning had better #'s than him. but talk about horrible defensive drafts from that time.
    Last edited by warcrychief; 02-18-2009 at 09:34 AM.

He also came with a fourth round pick, and came in as a vet.. not quite the same thing~

Quote Originally Posted by Drunker Hillbilly View Post
    I guess I didn't know I would need to be sooooooo precise when making a statement like that. I thought it went without saying if you have one of the best at a position then of course you don't draft that position. Now, having said that, you as an organization have to choose which player is the best left on the board. If you having Eli Manning don't think that Sanchez or Stafford is the best player available, then the rule still stands. PICK THE BEST PLAYER AVAILABLE!!!!

Why would the Rams pick him in the second round? If he was that good he wouldn't be there in the second round! Most NFL GM's will tell you they draft based on the best players available when they draft. They take both need and ranking into consideration but most times end up taking the best player in their minds.
    Quote Originally Posted by hometeam View Post
    He also came with a fourth round pick, and came in as a vet.. not quite the same thing~
    Better.

Quote Originally Posted by hometeam View Post
    But he was unknown as to what he could do. Only Vermil knew as to what he was able to do. Alot of teams didnt want to take a chance on him. Even with QB needs, like Miami. They said of him that he was not worth the risk. How well would have they done if they did take him then.

Quote Originally Posted by warcrychief View Post
    But he was unknown as to what he could do. Only Vermil knew as to what he was able to do. Alot of teams didnt want to take a chance on him. Even with QB needs, like Miami. They said of him that he was not worth the risk. How well would have they done if they did take him then.
    They would have sucked, and he would have sucked. They refused to take pass protection seriously.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123