Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kipers Latest..........

Hybrid View

Default Kipers Latest..........

At this point he has the Chiefs taking Mark Sanchez at #3. A lot of the names mentioned on this board he doesn't have going until about #10 and up. Not that this means jack I just thought I would post his latest mock up.

Yeah, who did this guy have us taking last year? Matt Ryan? Another QB. I think it always funny reading what these guys think. Kiper has no idea what the Chiefs need this off-season, he is just going down the list of available people and assigning them to teams.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Yeah I think "Count Chocula" is throwing darts(blind folded)sorry I do not remember who coined the count chocula first ...someone on this board. thought it was funny as heck!

I wouldnt put too much stock in what Kiper has to say, Mayock is usually the closest from what I have seen, and hes still usually way off~

Mock drafts and their evaluations are unreliable because they just have every team drafting for need instead of the best players available.

If you want to get a good read on the draft:
    go to all these mock draft sites and look at their player rankings.

Take the average of each player from all these sites

Then, pair each team with the players ranked next to that team, then the player ahead and below that pick

Then, figure out which of those three players best fills or upgrades a position on that team, and then you'll have a better idea as to how the draft will go.

All these mocks are ridiculous because none of these guys follows all 32 teams as closely as they follow their favorite team. I've done mock Chiefs drafts before, but they're dumb because they just draft for need and that's not how drafts go. You need to pay more attention to player rankings.

I personally think when top 10 teams draft based on need they are doing their team a disservice! When you are that low in the draft, my opinion is that you need to take the best player available left on the board when it is your turn regardless of position.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunker Hillbilly View Post
    I personally think when top 10 teams draft based on need they are doing their team a disservice! When you are that low in the draft, my opinion is that you need to take the best player available left on the board when it is your turn regardless of position.
    Thankfully, the Chiefs need everything. No matter who we draft, it'll be for need and be the BPA.

I will blow a gasket if we draft even one TE this year.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    Thankfully, the Chiefs need everything. No matter who we draft, it'll be for need and be the BPA.

I will blow a gasket if we draft even one TE this year.
    I guess the bottom line is that they need to figure out what position is the biggest priority. Personall I think it is on the offensive side of the ball. I realize our D was possibly the worst in the league but I believe that to be Gunthers fault more than the players. If you can't score, you can't win!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Drunker Hillbilly View Post
    And I have to completely disagree. For instance, if I had Eli Manning at QB or someone of equal calibre at quarterback and somehow found myself with a top three pick (maybe trades or a bad year). I would in no way be thinking that I would or even should draft Stafford or Sanchez. Why would I want to spend that kind of money for a QB, when I have one of the best already?

On another question, if Sanchez is so good and we followed your statement, then the Rams should be taking him in the second round should they not?

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    And I have to completely disagree. For instance, if I had Eli Manning at QB or someone of equal calibre at quarterback and somehow found myself with a top three pick (maybe trades or a bad year). I would in no way be thinking that I would or even should draft Stafford or Sanchez. Why would I want to spend that kind of money for a QB, when I have one of the best already?

On another question, if Sanchez is so good and we followed your statement, then the Rams should be taking him in the second round should they not?
    I guess I didn't know I would need to be sooooooo precise when making a statement like that. I thought it went without saying if you have one of the best at a position then of course you don't draft that position. Now, having said that, you as an organization have to choose which player is the best left on the board. If you having Eli Manning don't think that Sanchez or Stafford is the best player available, then the rule still stands. PICK THE BEST PLAYER AVAILABLE!!!!

Why would the Rams pick him in the second round? If he was that good he wouldn't be there in the second round! Most NFL GM's will tell you they draft based on the best players available when they draft. They take both need and ranking into consideration but most times end up taking the best player in their minds.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast