Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Still pimping O-line and D? Let it go; it's QB time.

Default Still pimping O-line and D? Let it go; it's QB time.

The time is now. We will more than likely not have another chance at this.

I'm preferential to Sanchez, but I won't balk at Stafford.

It's time to put the ghost of Blackledge to bed, man up, and start running this franchise right for a change.

Warning:

Posts calling for Crabtree or Curry at third overall will be met with MUCH ridicule.

Warning:

Use of the phrase "Brady in the 6th-round" will get you an anti-freeze ****tail.

Finally, congrats to Edith Morgan for finally seeing her son home where he belongs!
    Last edited by Darth CarlSatan; 02-14-2009 at 05:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    Are you kidding me? Have you not paid attention to a single thing the last 2 seasons? The line makes or breaks a team! I hate it when people use the term "low value" when referring to the lines when it's just as important as any other position.
    You don't take linemen at 3rd overall, and you NEVER draft for need.

I've just been posting here for about a month and one of my thoughts has been that everyone is pretty knowlegeble and there didn't seem to be really any dorks here. I think DeathCarl Satan seems to be the exception....................................
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?u=2574&type=sigpic&dateline=1233413652

Quote Originally Posted by chiefsfreak4life View Post
    I've just been posting here for about a month and one of my thoughts has been that everyone is pretty knowlegeble and there didn't seem to be really any dorks here. I think DeathCarl Satan seems to be the exception....................................
    DCS has been increasing his football knowledge due to the fact that the EPIC suck of the Chiefs have forced him to become a scout in his spare time, as well as learning more about the draft than he EVER wanted to know.
    Last edited by Coach; 02-14-2009 at 09:37 PM. Reason: deleted profanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth CarlSatan View Post
    The time is now. We will more than likely not have another chance at this.

I'm preferential to Sanchez, but I won't balk at Stafford.
    No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by hometeam View Post
    No thanks.
    Winning Championships like the majority of franchises who are smart enough to value the QB position, and who develop franchise QB's?

Yes Thanks! And often.

Taking a look at the last couple of seasons I couldn't disagree more with you.. A solid line on either side of the ball is a must! It doesn't matter who you put behind center, if he gets knocked the f*ck out everytime he gets the ball snapped to him.

Furthermore it's very hard to make it far in the playoffs without a solid defense. And before you use the Cardinals as an example, their D stepped up in the end.

If we end up drafting a QB in the first round I will be a little dissapointed, and I would hate to be that guy. he will be behind an O-line that hasn't protected the QB in the last 2-3 seasons, and he most likely won't have LJ to hand the ball off to. To make it worse, his defence was ranked 29-30th? in the league so he might be playing catch-up the entire season.

Don't get me wrong I expect huge progress next year, but the situation is not ideal for drafting a new QB to compete for the starting job.

If we had a chance at a really STAR QB then I might take him, and sit him until we had an O-line that could protect him, and a running game to help him out. Im just not under the impression that Stafford / Sanchez are those guys. If im wrong and we get one of them, then all the better! :)

Winning Championships like the majority of franchises who are smart enough to value the QB position, and who develop franchise QB's?

Yes Thanks! And often.
    Seriously, name ONE developed franchise quarterback?

Mannings? No, Rothlesberger? No, Warner? No.

Better yet, tell me what it is to be a developed franchise quarterback?

I still would like to see what Thigpen would have had to have done to be considered a success for you people. It is laughable. A first year quarterback puts up better numbers in his first year than just about any other successful starting quarterback in the league and somehow he is considered to be a loss.

Is this because the guy started as a third stringer? Is it because he struggled when thrown into fire the first day without being prepped for it? What is it that makes you think that any first year college quarterback can be better than Thigpen at this point? Is it because he only one two games this season? Did he not put up enough points for you? Did he not have a high enough QB rating? Did he not inspire the team enough to play better? What exactly would you rather have seen from him?

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by brish View Post
    Taking a look at the last couple of seasons I couldn't disagree more with you.. A solid line on either side of the ball is a must! It doesn't matter who you put behind center, if he gets knocked the f*ck out everytime he gets the ball snapped to him.

Furthermore it's very hard to make it far in the playoffs without a solid defense. And before you use the Cardinals as an example, their D stepped up in the end.

If we end up drafting a QB in the first round I will be a little dissapointed, and I would hate to be that guy. he will be behind an O-line that hasn't protected the QB in the last 2-3 seasons, and he most likely won't have LJ to hand the ball off to. To make it worse, his defence was ranked 29-30th? in the league so he might be playing catch-up the entire season.

Don't get me wrong I expect huge progress next year, but the situation is not ideal for drafting a new QB to compete for the starting job.

If we had a chance at a really STAR QB then I might take him, and sit him until we had an O-line that could protect him, and a running game to help him out. Im just not under the impression that Stafford / Sanchez are those guys. If im wrong and we get one of them, then all the better! :)
    IF we draft either guy, don't expect to see much in the first year beyond some preseason time. It'll be clipboard duty for the n00b, but you have to start somewhere.
    Both lines can and will be augmented through FA. They can also both improve under a better staff,
    Do not discount both how god-awful our coaching roster was, and how a great staff can make players better. I've lived in AZ. for three years now, and I'm here to tell you that prior to Haley, Warner was an old has-been, and Fitz was good but nowhere NEAR great.
    That 's what great coaches can do, and that's what they're supposed to do.
    As for RB's, Pioli as a GM knows good and well that you DON'T pay those guys big $$$$, because they are a grand a dozen.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    Seriously, name ONE developed franchise quarterback?

Mannings? No, Rothlesberger? No, Warner? No.

Better yet, tell me what it is to be a developed franchise quarterback?

I still would like to see what Thigpen would have had to have done to be considered a success for you people. It is laughable. A first year quarterback puts up better numbers in his first year than just about any other successful starting quarterback in the league and somehow he is considered to be a loss.

Is this because the guy started as a third stringer? Is it because he struggled when thrown into fire the first day without being prepped for it? What is it that makes you think that any first year college quarterback can be better than Thigpen at this point? Is it because he only one two games this season? Did he not put up enough points for you? Did he not have a high enough QB rating? Did he not inspire the team enough to play better? What exactly would you rather have seen from him?
    John Elway and Bret Favre. That's TWO!

And it's because the Pistol is not a viable offense for a Championship Caliber team, and because Thigpen is crap taking snaps from under center.

Let go the gimmicks, and let's get real.

For a change.

John Elway and Bret Favre. That's TWO!

And it's because the Pistol is not a viable offense for a Championship Caliber team, and because Thigpen is crap taking snaps from under center.

Let go the gimmicks, and let's get real.

For a change.
    So your main knock on Thigpen is that he played in a gimmick offense in the NFL.

Again, you seem unable to grasp that the reason we had to use the Pistol offense was because we had no offensive line. What part of that is so hard to understand? Why do you think colleges use this type of offense? If your line cannot protect the QB, open holes for your RBs, then there is no way, Pistol or normal offense that you can remotely be considered a Championship Caliber Team.

That is why you have to go after the best offensive lineman in the draft, and Sanchez is framed by two very good ones.

Simply put, it would be flat out stupid to take a QB at the third pick and then sit on him for two years while you put the rest of the team in around him. With the salary that any player picked third overal is going to demand, you have to have someone at that pick who can walk in and play today. Considering the current make up of this team, that guy is not Sanchez.

That is why we will not take Sanchez at the third pick. He will cost too much for what he will be able to do behind this team. Crabtree would be a better choice if we cannot get Andre or Jason Smith.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast