Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Still pimping O-line and D? Let it go; it's QB time.

Default Still pimping O-line and D? Let it go; it's QB time.

The time is now. We will more than likely not have another chance at this.

I'm preferential to Sanchez, but I won't balk at Stafford.

It's time to put the ghost of Blackledge to bed, man up, and start running this franchise right for a change.

Warning:

Posts calling for Crabtree or Curry at third overall will be met with MUCH ridicule.

Warning:

Use of the phrase "Brady in the 6th-round" will get you an anti-freeze ****tail.

Finally, congrats to Edith Morgan for finally seeing her son home where he belongs!
    Last edited by Darth CarlSatan; 02-14-2009 at 05:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    I am not very high on Sanchez. He only started 1 year. I saw play out Thigpen for the next year and get McCoy or Bradford. I think they are more worth than Sanchez or Stafford.
    I will say this. I would take Stafford over Sanchez. I would take Bradford over Sanchez. But, I would take Sanchez over McCoy... and I'm a HUGE TEXAS fan. I think Bradford has the talent and capabilities to run a regular offense. He just happens to be in a spread right now. I don't think Bradford's talents are based on the system he's in. I highly doubt McCoy will be worth a 1st round pick.

I've said it before. Jevan Snead is going to be a first round pick if he comes out early next season. That's the guy the Chiefs should target. 6'4 225 with a cannon and highly mobile while being groomed in a pro style set... he's going to be REALLY good.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth CarlSatan View Post
    And comments such as his will be met with NO mercy, banning of DCS or not. This ain't my only house, and I roll the way I roll.
    Is this how you really want to play this out? I was defending you BTW. As far as your puny little threat about leaving the house goes, you can leave the same way you came and not be missed.

With all due respect, when it comes to Matt Lienart you are out of your f'n mind. Tebow and Bradford won Heisman's too. And you know what they were told? "Go back to school, because you will NOT be ranked first round".
    Tebow can say "I love Florida", Bradford can say "I want another shot at a Title", but I KNOW better.
    And you should too.

Elway was surrounded by incomplete garbage for YEARS. Thus, his long journey to Super Bowl victory.

Value, position, and pecking order; you KNOW these things!
    When you have a top 5 pick you have to consider what you pick otherwise you're going to make a guy the highest paid player in the league at his position by a huge degree and you'll mess your cap all up.

I'm done debating. There's a wrong way, and there's a right way to create and develop a football team at the professional level.
    Some guys will go round and round on this, determined to make you see the light.

I am not one of them. I leave you to your own devices.
    I think you've just made everyone's point.
    Last edited by Chiefster; 02-15-2009 at 12:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    I think you've just made everyone's point.
    I think you just purposely missed the point entirely, and I don't require your defense, thank you very much.

Don't get stupid with me.

I think you just purposely missed the point entirely, and I don't require your defense, thank you very much.

Don't get stupid with me.
    I'm not trying to get stupid with you, and if your trying to get banned I have no problem accommodating you, and as far as requiring my defense goes: that's what I do in order to enforce board board rules to maintain respect among it's members. I really don't care if you require anything from me or not.

High Darth.

Can I be your favorite poster before you get banned?
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Darth, I know that you really want the Chiefs to draft a QB, but as you can see most of us disagree with you. There's no point in trying to convert anyone since we don't really have a say in who the Chiefs draft either way. There's no reason to get all worked up because you don't agree with people or that they don't agree with you.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

With all due respect, when it comes to Matt Lienart you are out of your f'n mind. Tebow and Bradford won Heisman's too. And you know what they were told? "Go back to school, because you will NOT be ranked first round".
    Tebow can say "I love Florida", Bradford can say "I want another shot at a Title", but I KNOW better.
    And you should too.

How can you say Lienart isn't a franchise QB, but Sanchez is? Lienart isn't Tebow. He's not a product of the system and expected to be playing another position in the NFL. I don't want Bradford and I was railing against him as well when everyone thought he was coming out. He's not worth a top 10 pick either.

When you have a top 5 pick you have to consider what you pick otherwise you're going to make a guy the highest paid player in the league at his position by a huge degree and you'll mess your cap all up.

EXACTLY!!!! Drafting a player who's position history shows a 63% bust rate is a RECKLESS gamble. How bad do you think it'll mess the cap up if we're paying a waterboy (busted QB) more than any other player in the league?
    I know that when you have a top 5 pick, you don't take a player who has little history, plays a position who's history shows a 63% bust rate to replace a player who could very well play to his equal. When you have a top 5 pick... you take the BEST PLAYER AVAILABLE... that sure as hell won't be Sanchez at #3. You're probably going to be looking at a LT or OLB. If you miss at #3, you're going to be looking for a new job.

LT is going to be the safest pick because if a LT busts, you can move him and make him play another position. Then, at least he'd still be a contributing member of the team. I'd rather have the highest paid guard or RT in the league putting some strain on our cap than the highest paid player in the league being a clipboard holder crippling the team with his huge cap number.

If we draft a QB and he busts, we're going to be one of THE LAST teams to do so because of the impending "rookie cap" coming in the next year or so. If we bust on a QB, that will put us at a distinct competitive disadvantage which could potentially give this team the death penalty for the next decade.

To explain what I'm saying a little further, consider this; the Chiefs take a QB #3 this season and he turns out to be what percentages say he will, which 63% says he'll bust. We get stuck with an albatross of a contract for let's just say the next four years. A #3 QB will take up a HUGE chunk of our cap space. Then, in 2010 or 2011, a team takes a QB #3 and HE busts. We're not going to be in the same boat. If the NFL follows the NBA model or the MLB "slotted money" system, then their busted QB will cost that team a fraction of what our busted QB will. That will KILL this franchise.

Think about the state of this franchise right now. The fan base won't show up to games as it is. If they field a consistent dog for the next 5 seasons and bust on another franchise QB during the current state of the economy, you could very easily see a scenario that could see Hunt selling the team to someone who wants to move to LA or some other BIG market who will support it. Arrowhead is getting a facelift, but at some point, the City is going to have to replace the 50 year old stadium. I just can't see the City approving a plan to build a new stadium for a franchise that hasn't done anything to help itself to get to a Super Bowl in 60 years. Why do you think there's a whole new management team in place this year? There are some HUGE decisions to be made this off season and one enormous misstep like drafting a bad QB #3 could literally bring this whole house of cards, straight to the ground.

And you should too.

Elway was surrounded by incomplete garbage for YEARS. Thus, his long journey to Super Bowl victory.

I'm done debating. There's a wrong way, and there's a right way to create and develop a football team at the professional level.
    Some guys will go round and round on this, determined to make you see the light.

I am not one of them. I leave you to your own devices.
    Just remember, if the Chiefs do not take a QB at number three, you should not feel surprised. I am of the mindset that we will likely take Curry.

I am also one of those guys who believes it is cheaper to go out and trade or sign a free agent QB as opposed to taking one that high in the draft.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    Darth, I know that you really want the Chiefs to draft a QB, but as you can see most of us disagree with you. There's no point in trying to convert anyone since we don't really have a say in who the Chiefs draft either way. There's no reason to get all worked up because you don't agree with people or that they don't agree with you.

Agreed, and rep!

We all are intitled to our various oppinions, DCS included, all we ask is that when members disagree then do so respectfully.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast