Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: more about peppers

Hybrid View

Thats pretty much the scenario that will go down. They will franchise him and then trade him, instead of just letting him go~

Quote Originally Posted by hometeam View Post
    Thats pretty much the scenario that will go down. They will franchise him and then trade him, instead of just letting him go~
    Yeah, but not to us.

i'm not so sure the panthers will slap the tag on him.

Carolina Panthers

Julius Peppers requires a $17 million tag because of the 20 percent rule, and the Panthers would have to use all of their cap space to get that done and still might have to cut a player before Feb. 27. Jordan Gross is a quality starting left tackle and his franchise tag would be $8.45 million, so it looks like Gross to me.

I wonder if the Chiefs 3rd overall would be able to get him? I'm guessing we would have to add 2010's 1st as well but who knows hehe

You know I look at the title of the thread and i'm not even gonna read the original article before I post this. IT IS NOT GONNA HAPPEN. We aren't getting Peppers. We aren't winners and besides the Chiefs just plain don't want him. Please quit talking about him being a possibility.

I agree Codac. We won't get him but not because we don't want him but because I don't see us running a 3-4 this year. He wants to go to a team with a 3-4 to be a LB and that's why he wants out of Carolina. I really would like to see him but we won't get him because we have a 4-3 and if we were to switch it wouldn't be this year. Maybe that's why it's taking awhile to find a DC because I would assume Pioli would pick a guy that has both 4-3 and 3-4 experience so we could switch in due time. Again I think 4-3 would be fine for our personnel.

Quote Originally Posted by NWA Chief View Post
    I agree Codac. We won't get him but not because we don't want him but because I don't see us running a 3-4 this year. He wants to go to a team with a 3-4 to be a LB and that's why he wants out of Carolina. I really would like to see him but we won't get him because we have a 4-3 and if we were to switch it wouldn't be this year. Maybe that's why it's taking awhile to find a DC because I would assume Pioli would pick a guy that has both 4-3 and 3-4 experience so we could switch in due time. Again I think 4-3 would be fine for our personnel.
    Easy pick. Under your circumstances, Jim Haslett would be the guy. He has experience with 3-4 and 4-3.

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

Quote Originally Posted by NWA Chief View Post

funny that you said this...lol but you were right no peppers but even though we got the 3-4 coming maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Codac View Post
    You know I look at the title of the thread and i'm not even gonna read the original article before I post this. IT IS NOT GONNA HAPPEN. We aren't getting Peppers. We aren't winners and besides the Chiefs just plain don't want him. Please quit talking about him being a possibility.

like i told you before i have an open mind. And i'll post as much about peppers as i want. That's waht the forums are about. If you don't like it then don't come to this topic. it's as simple as that!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast