Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: no qb for first pick

Default no qb for first pick

stick with thigpen and have gray as second string and maybe huard as third. get rid of croyle all together

Quote Originally Posted by warcrychief View Post
    We dont have Dick Vermiel on our team anymore. As for Warner. No one but Dick knew about his ability. But i bet you that he didnt know that Warner would turn out like he did. Other wise he wouldnt have had him backing up Trent Green.

But that the big question now. Can Pioli and Haley find a QB? Maybe we have him in Thigpen. But that is remains to be seen.
    As far as I'm concerned, they don't have to look for a QB. They need to find blockers. Blockers make QBs.

On the QB pocket...

If you build it, he will come.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    As far as I'm concerned, they don't have to look for a QB. They need to find blockers. Blockers make QBs.

On the QB pocket...

If you build it, he will come.
    As far as im concerned, they do have to look for a QB. Thigpen won 1 game. DID YOU HEAR ME? ONE GAME. yeah he is the answer for this team.

Quote Originally Posted by warcrychief View Post
    As far as im concerned, they do have to look for a QB. Thigpen won 1 game. DID YOU HEAR ME? ONE GAME. yeah he is the answer for this team.
    I say any QB that could win a game with this team in '08 did a great job of overcoming horrible blocking, no running game, and an awful defense.

How many wins did Troy Aikman have in his first season?

One.

Clearly, he needed to be replaced immediately?

A QB doesn't win games. The team does. Thig was playing QB very well, on a terrible team. (Primarily due to coaching and personnel decisions.)

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I say any QB that could win a game with this team in '08 did a great job of overcoming horrible blocking, no running game, and an awful defense.

How many wins did Troy Aikman have in his first season?

One.

Clearly, he needed to be replaced immediately?

A QB doesn't win games. The team does. Thig was playing QB very well, on a terrible team. (Primarily due to coaching and personnel decisions.)
    Can i say we agree to disagree. It is apperient we are not going to see eye to eye on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    If we don't draft at least one OL in the first couple rounds, or get some serious FA help, the OL will suck.

We moved to the spread in 2008 because our OL couldn't keep a QB upright in a pro set. What's the use of drafting a prototype pocket passer like Stafford or Sanchez and forcing them into a spread because our OL can't hack it?

How do we expect to keep a high dollar rookie passer healthy only by pumping a couple second day picks into the OL?
    I agree w/ you but once again, you're writing Albert off w/ that comment because he's our LT. I believe that our biggest needs on the OL are C, RG and RT. Unless if you want to take a RT w/ the #3 pick. I've said many times in the past that this is a deep draft for OL which means that we can grab a quality RT in the 2nd and probably find a good C in the 3rd. Remember that drafting at the top of each round helps us out this year. The 3rd pick in the 2nd round is almost equivalent to a 1st round draft pick.

I'm not completely against grabbing another LT in the draft w/ our #3 pick but that means that we would have to move Albert to the right side, and I believe he is fully capable of playing the Left side...That's why I believe that a 2nd Round RT would be better for the Chiefs. Remember pre-draft how many experts had Albert rated as the 2nd best prospect behind J. Long??? Well I still believe that he has that potential so moving him to the right side would be a mistake when we haven't seen him play for more than 1 season.

If we grab the right pieces in FA regarding our D I think we can find great value in the Draft to fill our needs on the OL..since this draft is kind of weak on D.
    I think in this scenario grabbing QBOTF wouldn't be a bad idea w/ the #3 pick.

Also, off subject but I don't agree w/ taking a OLB w/ the #3 pick. I'd rather take a shot at grabbing a QB if we have the opportunity. Franchise QBs come once in awhile, while good LBs come every year.

Quote Originally Posted by kcmostwanted View Post
    I agree w/ you but once again, you're writing Albert off w/ that comment because he's our LT. I believe that our biggest needs on the OL are C, RG and RT. Unless if you want to take a RT w/ the #3 pick. I've said many times in the past that this is a deep draft for OL which means that we can grab a quality RT in the 2nd and probably find a good C in the 3rd. Remember that drafting at the top of each round helps us out this year. The 3rd pick in the 2nd round is almost equivalent to a 1st round draft pick.

I'm not completely against grabbing another LT in the draft w/ our #3 pick but that means that we would have to move Albert to the right side, and I believe he is fully capable of playing the Left side...That's why I believe that a 2nd Round RT would be better for the Chiefs. Remember pre-draft how many experts had Albert rated as the 2nd best prospect behind J. Long??? Well I still believe that he has that potential so moving him to the right side would be a mistake when we haven't seen him play for more than 1 season.

If we grab the right pieces in FA regarding our D I think we can find great value in the Draft to fill our needs on the OL..since this draft is kind of weak on D.
    I think in this scenario grabbing QBOTF wouldn't be a bad idea w/ the #3 pick.

Also, off subject but I don't agree w/ taking a OLB w/ the #3 pick. I'd rather take a shot at grabbing a QB if we have the opportunity. Franchise QBs come once in awhile, while good LBs come every year.
    I'm hardly writing Albert off. We have plenty of open spots on the OL, and I'm not alone in suggesting that he'd be a better RT or RG than LT.

My big worry, probably unjustified with Pioli but still, is that we're going to do what we've done for the past three years and completely ignore our OL problems. I don't see any QB, especially a rookie, being successful with our current OL.

In a nutshell, we need a better OL before we start thinking about putting a rookie QBOTF under center. And I don't think we're going to get a much better OL only upgrading with 2nd day picks.

I have been for drafting a LT in the first round all along and moving Albert to RT. But if we are switching to a 3-4 I think you have to go with Raji. The guy is just to good to pass up. So then you would leave Albert at LT, draft a RT in the second round, and a C in the third.

Quote Originally Posted by Vandelay View Post
    I have been for drafting a LT in the first round all along and moving Albert to RT. But if we are switching to a 3-4 I think you have to go with Raji. The guy is just to good to pass up. So then you would leave Albert at LT, draft a RT in the second round, and a C in the third.
    I agree, which would leave us without a QB as the first pick.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    I agree, which would leave us without a QB as the first pick.
    That is the most important part of this draft, not wasting the first round pick on a QB, when we have so many other needs.

exactly

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast