Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 50

Thread: no qb for first pick

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    624
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0

    Default no qb for first pick


    0 Not allowed!
    stick with thigpen and have gray as second string and maybe huard as third. get rid of croyle all together

  2. #2
    Member Since
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    118
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I'm not sold on the 2 top QBs, and i'm not sold on Thigpen either.

    Here's how I look at it (as i've mentioned 500 times before):
    -1st off...We can't go the Brodie Croyle route again (meaning we can't put all our eggs in the Thigpen basket).. Say all you want but Cleveland Browns fans know exactly what i'm talking about!
    -2nd...If we don't take our franchise QB this year, how confident are we about pulling the trigger next year?? Everyone raves about Sam, Colt, and Tebow but they all come from Spread Offenses which creates ridiculous stats + Tebow will probably be converted to play another position.
    -3rd...Are we confident we'll be able to land Sam Bradford w/ our 1st round pick???
    - Lets say Thigpen sucks it up and we go 3-13, landing the 4th pick in the draft (using this years draft order).. If Bradford goes #1 we're left in the same position we are this year... (Do we reach for a QB or do we grab the best player available????...such as ILB Brandon Spikes or DT Terrance Cody...)
    Let's say we reach for Colt McCoy in the 2010 draft and he sucks it up because he can't adjust to playing under-center...What will we do then??

    There are too many IFs in the Draft, but I still feel if we're confident in one of the 2 young QBs this year, then we should pull the trigger so we'll have a head start (you know so we can at least see what we have for our future)...

    If we don't draft a QB and Thigpen fails, then our 2009 season will go down the drain...But if we draft one, we'll at least have someone to learn the system for a year before we throw them in the fire...

    If thiggy and our QBOTF both turn out to be studs...well, it's not a bad problem to have..
    Last edited by kcmostwanted; 02-17-2009 at 05:35 PM.

  3. #3
    Member Since
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    26
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by kcmostwanted View Post
    I'm not sold on the 2 top QBs, and i'm not sold on Thigpen either.

    Here's how I look at it (as i've mentioned 500 times before):
    -1st off...We can't go the Brodie Croyle route again (meaning we can't put all our eggs in the Thigpen basket).. Say all you want but Cleveland Browns fans know exactly what i'm talking about!
    -2nd...If we don't take our franchise QB this year, how confident are we about pulling the trigger next year?? Everyone raves about Sam, Colt, and Tebow but they all come from Spread Offenses which creates ridiculous stats + Tebow will probably be converted to play another position.
    -3rd...Are we confident we'll be able to land Sam Bradford w/ our 1st round pick???
    - Lets say Thigpen sucks it up and we go 3-13, landing the 4th pick in the draft (using this years draft order).. If Bradford goes #1 we're left in the same position we are this year... (Do we reach for a QB or do we grab the best player available????...such as ILB Brandon Spikes or DT Terrance Cody...)
    Let's say we reach for Colt McCoy in the 2010 draft and he sucks it up because he can't adjust to playing under-center...What will we do then??

    There are too many IFs in the Draft, but I still feel if we're confident in one of the 2 young QBs this year, then we should pull the trigger so we'll have a head start (you know so we can at least see what we have for our future)...

    If we don't draft a QB and Thigpen fails, then our 2009 season will go down the drain...But if we draft one, we'll at least have someone to learn the system for a year before we throw them in the fire...

    If thiggy and our QBOTF both turn out to be studs...well, it's not a bad problem to have..

  4. #4
    Member Since
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,915
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by kcmostwanted View Post
    I'm not sold on the 2 top QBs, and i'm not sold on Thigpen either.

    Here's how I look at it (as i've mentioned 500 times before):
    -1st off...We can't go the Brodie Croyle route again (meaning we can't put all our eggs in the Thigpen basket).. Say all you want but Cleveland Browns fans know exactly what i'm talking about!
    -2nd...If we don't take our franchise QB this year, how confident are we about pulling the trigger next year?? Everyone raves about Sam, Colt, and Tebow but they all come from Spread Offenses which creates ridiculous stats + Tebow will probably be converted to play another position.
    -3rd...Are we confident we'll be able to land Sam Bradford w/ our 1st round pick???
    - Lets say Thigpen sucks it up and we go 3-13, landing the 4th pick in the draft (using this years draft order).. If Bradford goes #1 we're left in the same position we are this year... (Do we reach for a QB or do we grab the best player available????...such as ILB Brandon Spikes or DT Terrance Cody...)
    Let's say we reach for Colt McCoy in the 2010 draft and he sucks it up because he can't adjust to playing under-center...What will we do then??

    There are too many IFs in the Draft, but I still feel if we're confident in one of the 2 young QBs this year, then we should pull the trigger so we'll have a head start (you know so we can at least see what we have for our future)...

    If we don't draft a QB and Thigpen fails, then our 2009 season will go down the drain...But if we draft one, we'll at least have someone to learn the system for a year before we throw them in the fire...

    If thiggy and our QBOTF both turn out to be studs...well, it's not a bad problem to have..
    Um, what about the other option?

    If we pick a QB at 3, and both he and Thigpen fail because they have no one to block for them . . .

  5. #5
    Member Since
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Read the name dumbass!!
    Posts
    13,343
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 29

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    Um, what about the other option?

    If we pick a QB at 3, and both he and Thigpen fail because they have no one to block for them . . .
    Sorry, but this does not sound like a ringing endorsement of how good we are gonna be next year. It is possible to get a QB at #3 AND improve the O line.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

  6. #6
    Member Since
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,915
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Sorry, but this does not sound like a ringing endorsement of how good we are gonna be next year. It is possible to get a QB at #3 AND improve the O line.
    We're going to be much better next year if we pick a LT instead of a QB in the 1st round.

    That's all I've written.

  7. #7
    Member Since
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Read the name dumbass!!
    Posts
    13,343
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 29

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    We're going to be much better next year if we pick a LT instead of a QB in the 1st round.

    That's all I've written.
    No, you wrote about the option of having a QB get knocked down all the time if we pick one in the third round.

    What if that LT is a bust?
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

  8. #8
    Member Since
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Read the name dumbass!!
    Posts
    13,343
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 29

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    The question here was about who to pick in the 1st round, a QB or not. I never opined about the 3rd round at all - simply because this really isn't the thread for it.

    It's my opinion that picking a LT in the first round, like Miami with Long last year, gives us the better long term and short term chance of success than trying to find OL help later in this draft. I think that waiting until later rounds and signing undrafted FAs to get OL help is the biggest reason we've done so poorly these past few years.

    If we're looking to protect a young QB, we probably need 2-3 new starters on the OL. And I don't want to see our QBOTF pick go down in flames because he has a bunch of 2nd day picks trying to man the OL.

    You can try to change the meaning of what I wrote, but it's in black and white. We can't keep putting off our OL problems forever. The Chiefs will never groom a decent QB without a solid OL to protect him. If we don't get that solid line, see Carr, David for the result.
    OK pumpkin, no one is trying to change the meaning of what you wrote but here you have said the same thing with an explanation and it makes sense.

    Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    Um, what about the other option?

    If we pick a QB at 3, and both he and Thigpen fail because they have no one to block for them . . .
    Here you sound like you are saying the O line is gonna suck. See the difference? I am not changing anything. You typed it.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

  9. #9
    Member Since
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    233
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    How long has it been since we have had a stable QB situation? 3 years? i feel we need to stock pile QB's. Let Thigpen start and let Stafford hold the clipboard as we up grade the OL and work him in the offense. Sure Thigpen had a nice year last year. But one injury to him who do we have backing him up? "Look at me wrong i brake" Crolye? "Im scared behind that OL" Huard? Pioli will do the right thing i think and draft a QB.

  10. #10
    Member Since
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    261
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Couple of things:

    1) Trade down, trade down, trade down!!! Even if we are planning on going after Stafford or Sanchez I think you can say they both are pretty close when grading out. So why not trade down and get the one that drops? We could also get our MLB in Maualuga (this is what I would do) OR just go ahead and take which ever LT is left out of the Top 4. We really shoudl trade down if able.

    2) I only want to draft a LT at 3rd if Monroe is there, I would be pissed if we took one of the Smiths or Oher that high and they end up being worse at LT then Albert. At least with Monroe we know he can play with or maybe a little better then Albert.

    3) If Monroe is off the board and we can not trade down I have no problem going after Stafford or Sanchez. I would rather see us take Crabtree/Curry/or even stretch for Maualuga(Yes I think he will be that good for us), but if Pioli and Haley think Stafford or Sanchez grades out then lets see what they got!!!!

    4) I have to throw this in: I would love the idea of Pioli getting on the phone with his good buddies up in Green Bay and work out a deal to send them LJ and ANY of our QB's(they can pick who ever they want hehe. Huard/Croyle/Gray/Martin) for Brian Brohm. The Packers get LJ and keep a Backup QB and The Chiefs might get our QOTF. It makes TONS of sense.

    5) Cassel Sucks!!!!!!

    I know drafting a QB 3rd overall is not the sexy pick this year and is not what I want to see happen, but I will be this first to jump on the bandwagon if Pioli picks apart Stafford/Sanchez and we really get a guy that takes us to the Super Bowl.

    We also should draft Chase Patton in the 7th LOL GO MU

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Here's what we do with our #1 pick:
    By Nel Toille in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 12-22-2008, 03:50 PM
  2. Pick #5
    By jerhart in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 03-01-2008, 03:19 AM
  3. Shula...he's my pick...
    By jerhart in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-17-2008, 10:30 AM
  4. Pick 'em - Week 5!
    By m0ef0e in forum The Locker Room
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 10-12-2007, 01:40 AM
  5. Pick 'em, Week 6.
    By m0ef0e in forum The Locker Room
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-12-2007, 12:18 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •