Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: no qb for first pick

Default no qb for first pick

stick with thigpen and have gray as second string and maybe huard as third. get rid of croyle all together

Quote Originally Posted by hometeam View Post
    Niether of the QB's in this draft are worth a #1 or # pick, even if they go that high. They arent matt ryan, they are david carrs and tim couchs~
    And you know this how? Where is your reasonsing and argument for such a bold statement?

As for not putting the QB out there with no OL...I agree 100%, they will be doomed for failure. But drafting a OT in the first round? No way. We have Albert on the left who did great and you don't draft RT,C or RG in the top 3. We can build our OL before Sanchez or Stafford even see the field. If we draft a QB, I highly doubt that Haley will throw them out there right away. They can sit a year and it will be helpful since they both will be better off learning for a year. Next season you let Tyler or a FA play and if they turn out to play good then we have a good problem on our hands. Our OL can be built through this year and next years' draft as well as FA. By the time Sanchez or Stafford see the field in 2010, he will be playing behind a good OL. And picking a QB in th later rounds...nope. This QB class is two deep. Stafford, Sanchez and maybe Freeman can be lumped in there, but that is all. It's VERY weak after that.

We can still fill the many needs of this team even if we take a QB in the first round this year. And if we take QB in the first, it's not like we aren't filling our needs. We need a QB.

And Jmalerson, I highly doubt we went to the spread and pistol because of our offensive line. It was because Tyler couldn't take a snap under center and was more comfortable in a spread style offense that he ran in college.

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefsFanFromNY View Post
    And you know this how? Where is your reasonsing and argument for such a bold statement?

As for not putting the QB out there with no OL...I agree 100%, they will be doomed for failure. But drafting a OT in the first round? No way. We have Albert on the left who did great and you don't draft RT,C or RG in the top 3. We can build our OL before Sanchez or Stafford even see the field. If we draft a QB, I highly doubt that Haley will throw them out there right away. They can sit a year and it will be helpful since they both will be better off learning for a year. Next season you let Tyler or a FA play and if they turn out to play good then we have a good problem on our hands. Our OL can be built through this year and next years' draft as well as FA. By the time Sanchez or Stafford see the field in 2010, he will be playing behind a good OL. And picking a QB in th later rounds...nope. This QB class is two deep. Stafford, Sanchez and maybe Freeman can be lumped in there, but that is all. It's VERY weak after that.

We can still fill the many needs of this team even if we take a QB in the first round this year. And if we take QB in the first, it's not like we aren't filling our needs. We need a QB.

And Jmalerson, I highly doubt we went to the spread and pistol because of our offensive line. It was because Tyler couldn't take a snap under center and was more comfortable in a spread style offense that he ran in college.
    I am even more down on Sanchez than I was before. Come to find out this kid has only started one season, he is a Junior and has entered the draft. He has very little playtime. Maybe he did look alright during the the college season, but he is largely an unknown. I do not see him going at three.

Stafford, maybe Stafford is worth a higher pick, maybe not.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

We switched to the spread because the horrible O-line play couldn't get any rushing yards, and ended two QBs seasons.

I thought that that was more than obvious.

Where is your reasoning and argument for such a bold statement?
    "If you need braggin' on, let someone else do it"-my dad

Nice finally someone that has some common sense lol What problem to have. 2 good QB's. Im all for that problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    can you imagine, if the guy had stayed at Ok.? I wonder if he will last into the 3rd- 4th rounds?

Actually, even Edwards came out and said the reason they went with the spread is because Sackintosh was more confortable in the spread. Up until they went to the spread, every QB was on his backside after every play because SackIntosh the right side of the line was waving every Mac truck through the line.

I think the fact that two QBs had their seasons ended in the first three games of the season tells volumes about why we went to the spread. Those extra three steps saved Thigpen's *** more than once.

Also, I might point out that a lot of teams started implementing spread offenses this year. The Dolphins did it and they were very successful at it. I think you are going to see it more and more in the coming seasons.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by AkChief49 View Post
    can you imagine, if the guy had stayed at Ok.? I wonder if he will last into the 3rd- 4th rounds?
    Definitely worth considering if he's there in the 4th...
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by warcrychief View Post
    Nice finally someone that has some common sense lol What problem to have. 2 good QB's. Im all for that problem.
    I'd much rather have the problem of two outstanding OTs. They can both be on the field every play. And they will make whatever QB and RB you do have look alot better in the process.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345