Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What would you guys like to see done.

Default What would you guys like to see done.

So it looks like we will be right around $35 million under the cap.

Was wondering what you guys would like to see done with our current roster and what moves to make with money in draft and FA.

current list of our roster and their pays.
    FOX Sports on MSN - NFL - Kansas City Chiefs Team Salary
    here is a list of our FA's this year.
    KFFL - 2009 NFL Free Agents

I'm still new on how cutting and what not affects our cap. So bare with me but off our roster first i would like to see gone would be:
    1. Pat Surtain $6 million
    2. Damon Huard $2.6 million
    2a. Damion McIntosh $2.3 million
    3. Jean-Philippe Darche $755,000
    4. Oliver Celestin $605,000
    5. Brian Johnston $342,277

Now where i'm unclear on is if cutting these players what that does to our cap situation. Maybe some1 could shed some light on that.

FA i want to go after.
    1. Peppers or other stud DE
    2. Vilma or Dansby
    3. Stud OL
    4. TJ houshmandzadeh

Draft
    1. Curry or Orakpo (kinda a stretch)
    2. Stud Center or if we don't address DE in FA Michael Johnson for DE.
    3. if we don't get in FA or 2nd rd i want a best Center available or guard.
    4. BPA
    5. BPA

We need atleast 1 playmaking LB, atleast one Playmaking DE, and 2 Stud linemen. And as much as i love bowe unless he works on his hands we need another WR with sure hands.

Since Herm and CP are gone. I can scratch that off my list.

Next I would like to find out for sure what are D will be. Hopefully a 3-4. That will fix a lot of our D line problems simply for one you only have 3 guys to worry bout. they arent doing anything anyway so lets transport personnel to LB where we can be more effective.

Then of course that means you gotta go get some more LBs. I say one in the draft and one in FA.( and of course a couple more for the backups).

DEFENSE! DEFENSE! DEFENSE! People!

Forget the sexy picks.

Why Brian Johnston? He hasn't yet had a chance to show his stuff, but could be a fine young DE.
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?u=2574&type=sigpic&dateline=1233413652

Quote Originally Posted by chiefsfreak4life View Post
    Why Brian Johnston? He hasn't yet had a chance to show his stuff, but could be a fine young DE.
    I would love to keep him. He reminds me of Jared. Plus he is one of the only guys to get a sack in one of his 2 games before he got hurt.

i just didn't know anything about him so i put him on the list.
    lol
    i like babin as a backup so figure we bring in a stud and leave babin as back aswell as mcbride or tank i dun remember which and we are set.
    but guess i was wrong.
    lol

Fire Carl Peterson DONE
    Fire Herm Edwards DONE
    Get Pioli DONE
    Get Haley DONE

Get rid of LJ anyway possible.
    Cut Huard, Croyle, Thomas.
    Get a Pass Rusher.
    Sign a few decent free agents.
    Get another WR to help open Bowe and Bradley up.

Get to work.
    Win some games.

I think Macintosh has potential, look at Miami game, maybe he and most of the other team just need better coaches.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Sure up the offensive line.

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    Fire Carl Peterson DONE
    Fire Herm Edwards DONE
    Get Pioli DONE
    Get Haley DONE

Get rid of LJ anyway possible.
    Cut Huard, Croyle, Thomas.
    Get a Pass Rusher.
    Sign a few decent free agents.
    Get another WR to help open Bowe and Bradley up.

Get to work.
    Win some games.

I think Macintosh has potential, look at Miami game, maybe he and most of the other team just need better coaches.
    Why cut Huard? Hes shown the ability to lead us to the playoffs.

Of course not as a starter, but if we need a guy to manage a game or two while Thig [or whoever our starter is] gets back on his feet, he can do it.

Even as a 3rd, hes earned a spot on this roster.

you won't see a 4-3 defense this year, we don't have the personel to support it. personally i don't care which defense we play as long as it's agressive. i can't stand the cover 2. it gives up way to many yards and looses field position. I'm really tired of King Carls practice of bringing long in the tooth over paid free agents that do nothing for us. let's go for the young up and coming free agrnts that we can build around. Jordoan Gross would be a huge pick up, then we could draft one of the two top centers in the second round and our OL would be solid. Looks like Dansby will be taged, but Smith should be available. Maybe a WR from the bengals(not ono).
    If we don't get Gross we should go for an OT with the first pick, I'd rather go with a LB, OL is our biggest problem right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Codac View Post
    I would love to keep him. He reminds me of Jared. Plus he is one of the only guys to get a sack in one of his 2 games before he got hurt.
    I'm with ya here. I was happy when we drafted him, thought he might be a diamond in the rough like Jared. We will see, might be a bust, but I thought he showed some potential, just needs to learn the NFL.
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?u=2574&type=sigpic&dateline=1233413652

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast