Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: we have coachs

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Chiefs will keep Gailey, three other assistant coaches - Kansas City Star

The Chiefs will retain offensive coordinator Chan Gailey as well as three other assistant coaches from former coach Herm Edwards' staff: Tim Krumrie, Bob Bicknell and Joe D’Alessandris.
    The Chiefs also hired seven new assistant coaches: Joel Collier, Gary Gibbs, Steve Hoffman, Bill Muir, Clancy Pendergast, Pat Perles and Dedric Ward. The Chiefs didn't designate duties for any of these coaches. But Gailey (offense) and Gibbs (defense) are the likely coordinators. From their coaching backgrounds, it's also possible Krumrie will coach the defensive line, Pendergast the linebackers, Collier the secondary, Ward the wide receivers, Bicknell the tight ends and Hoffman the special teams.
    D'Alessandris, Perles and Muir all have experience coaching the offensive line. There is no obvious candidate to coach the running backs.
    I'm happy about Gailey. Great coordinator and his current players play hard for him. He was the best OC in the NFL last year for the job he did.

I'm not sure what makes Pendergast so great. AZ's D was 'just okay' from what I saw. You'd have to blame them for losing the super bowl. Also, they seemed to have some talent, so I'm not sure if they were really overachievers. Seems like a CRONYISM to me. (of course, I hope I'm wrong)

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    I'm happy about Gailey. Great coordinator and his current players play hard for him. He was the best OC in the NFL last year for the job he did.
    Me too. I'm still waiting to see if he is still the OC. There were rumors that he might be an assistant coach. I hope we run a similar offense to what we had the last 8 games last year.

Quote Originally Posted by wubfree View Post
    You'd have to blame them(Arizona Defense) for losing the super bowl.
    I disagree completely. Arizona's defense gave up 20 points in the superbowl. The interception by Harrison was at least a 10 point swing and most likely a 14 point swing. That decided the game.

Arizona's defense struggled during the regular season, but they played great during the playoffs.

It will be interesting to see who will be DC. Both Gibbs and Pendergrast were DC's last year.

On another positive note, both those guys worked with two of our top target FA's ... Vilma and Dansby. Maybe this means we will have an inside track on them in FA. Maybe even for AZ's Antonio Smith at DE (although he is nowhere near the top of the list).

Anyone know what kind of D Gibbs and Pendergrast used to run? 3-4 vs 4-3?

I feel it was the Card's Defense under Pendergrast that cost them the Superbowl, so just for that reason I'm not real keen on him being the new DC....

Chan!!!
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by okikcfan View Post
    I feel it was the Card's Defense under Pendergrast that cost them the Superbowl, so just for that reason I'm not real keen on him being the new DC....
    I felt he did awesome during the post season. As far as him going up against Pitt in the SB, He held them most of the second half. And the D just broke. i think due to not much experience in big games.

LOL man,

Not sure who I want as DC lol. I'm guessing it will be Pendergrast, only because he was D coach last year while Haley was O, but who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by balto View Post
    LOL man,

Not sure who I want as DC lol. I'm guessing it will be Pendergrast, only because he was D coach last year while Haley was O, but who knows.
    Tell you what we can only go up from where we are at.

Quote Originally Posted by DT14PRIEST View Post
    Also forgot to add in my post:

Steve Hoffman: Dallas 1989-2004 [Kicking/Quality Control] (Haley Guy)

If he was in Dallas, shouldn't that be "Damage Control"??? LOLOLOL!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast