Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: ChiefsCrowd.com Article : # 3 Pick? Who will it be?

Post ChiefsCrowd.com Article : # 3 Pick? Who will it be?

ChiefsCrowd.com -Terry Ambroson Looking at all the mock drafts, I have seen a wide variety of opinions on who the Chiefs will pick. I know, trading down seems like a good idea to get more picks but that also requires someone to want to trade up. Plus someone wants to trade up when they feel that there is a can't miss player. I myself really don't see anyone that would make someone want to give up a #1 this year and #1 next year, because really if someone is going to give up the #3 pick you better...

More...

Will be: Aaron Curry (LB)

Should be: Eugene Monroe (LT)

You know, the more I look at this class and the situation this team is in, I just don't think Pioli is going to take a LT. If I were drafting, I'd have to take a LT or LB. I just don't see Pioli doing it. Pioli took Mayo last season and the pick is considered a homerun.

Mayo is 6'1, 242 and runs a 4.54

Curry is 6'3, 247 and runs a 4.6
    http://www.draftcountdown.com/scouti...aron-Curry.php
    Possesses a terrific blend of size and bulk...Exceptional speed, quickness and athleticism...Very physical and tough...Excellent strength and power...Extremely aggressive...Outstanding instincts and awareness...Offers a lot of versatility...Reliable tackler who will deliver the big hit...Really uses his hands well...Does a nice job of taking on and shedding blockers...Superb pass rusher and blitzer...Has sideline-to-sideline range...Will attack and fill against the run...Comfortable in space...Can match up and make plays in coverage...Has a lot of experience...Durable and never missed a game due to injury...Smart...Hard worker...Team leader...Super productive.

Here's the thing. I think the Chiefs are going to fill their LB spots before the draft arrives. I just don't think there's going to be a need for an OLB when we're set to pick. I think Pioli will rely on his ability to find a QB later than in the first round. So, that removes LT, OLB and QB. There isn't a RB worth taking #3, plus we still have LJ and JC.

So........ that really just leaves two names. Jenkins and Crabtree. Given that we just hired an offensive coach who was used to calling plays for big time WRs like Fitzgerald and Boldin... it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out which player Haley would push for.

For the record, my perfect draft would be: (assuming no trades)

#3- Aaron Curry
    #34- Michael Johnson

In free agency, I'm still wanting a LB or two. Namely, Jonathan Vilma and/or Bart Scott. Aaron Curry is going to be one of those OLB who can also play DE like Shawn Merriman. Michael Johnson is top ten talent, but there are questions about his motor. He absolutely DOMINATED Eugene Monroe, even when he was double teamed... and Monroe might be the first LT taken this year. But Johnson seems to take plays off as well. So, his draft stock could very well dive low enough to grab him at #34. He is kind of light to play the DE in the 3-4. He's Julius Peppers minus 20lbs. But with his ability, I'd rather take him and tell him to hit the weights, than let someone else find a 2nd rd. steal. If the Chiefs switch to a 3-4, DJ, Scott, Vilma and Curry would comprise the most devastating LB corp in the league. That would be exciting.

As of now, what I think will happen is:

#3- Michael Crabtree
    #34- Max Unger

Yes someone who agrees with me Crabtree!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think Stafford falls to us and Pioli cant pass him up.

I am kinda with TC on this.

But I fear becoming the Arizona Cardinals.

This is a team that has sucked mightily, for a long time. But then played four good games, at exactly the right time, after winning the only division in the NFL that was worse than ours, with a 9-7 record.

If there has ever been a "flavor of the month" team, the Arizona Cardinals are it.

Years of garbage, overshadowed by a quick flash of success.

I think we will take the WR, get an O-lineman in the third round, and continue the spread offense fad.

Hopefully, I am wrong, or it winds-up working out for us.

Curry!

I was against taking Curry at #3. Then, I watched video of him. I think with his combination of size and speed that he's too good not to take at #3. He could be used in so many ways and really disrupt an offense.
    "If you need braggin' on, let someone else do it"-my dad

Quote Originally Posted by Pro_Angler View Post
    Yes someone who agrees with me Crabtree!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Reread the post! TC did not agree with you on Crabtree.

Well, at least we now know what these coaches plan to do with the defense. If we're switching over to the 3-4 defense, B.J. Raji is now in the mix. This has to of dwindled our choices down to Raji, Curry, or Crabtree.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/02/18/what...chiefs-dorsey/

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast